MOTUC Sightings & Finds

GuitarDevil

Hey Hey, I was trying to find an place to post this so I figured I put it here...if an kind moderator would "PIN" this to the General section....MOTUC clearly isn't dead yet....I saw this deal & thought maybe it could help some people out.....

http://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms/sm-holiday-savings/masters-of-the-universe--174%3B-point-dread---talon-fighter-set--8482%3B-cgp41

Wish I could bite on this....I loved the Talon Fighter bitd.... and there's more

http://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms/masters-of-universe-toys#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&contentPageSize:&

Tempted to pick it up along with the 2016 figures on there, but wondering if they'll be even further discounted. MOTUC may be living on with Super7, but Classics as we know it ended with a whimper.

I know right?....I can't afford it but I really need that Talon baddddly........but I'm going to wait it out & see if the price comes down on Friday or Monday....I know MattelShop is different but I'll wait...a good cherry picker can wait lol.....I would like to get that other He-Man Movie Figure....but shipping might kill me....

There are other coupons you can stack too, my friend got it for $55 shipped.

I can't afford it right now, but that's okay, I don't have the room either

Between Mattycollector, Mattel shop and Mattel's ebay store, there are some good deals out there right now for MOTUC fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Well never say never...I thought they were out of stock but lo & behold more Xmas savings & appears "FREE SHIPPING"....I don't know about youse guys butt that gets me tingly....I would totally be down for the Talon Fighter but I'm strapped for Star Wars & Marvel Figs at the moment....they have a number of figs in the Mattyshop that are Clearance Clarenced too......ahh the death throes of Digital River.....it must be Xmas.....good luck online hunters....I wonder how much these figs are going for at the Matty Outlet in CA....

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/pd/ThemeID.1298800/productID.330263900#.WFAt3NIzUdU

Here's what the store is selling...I could use an Ceratus, Pravhus & Saurod......man this is killing "Independent George".......

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/pd/ThemeID.1298800/productID.330263900#.WFAt3NIzUdU

Well...that didn't last long...this morning when I posted this the Talon fighter was priced at 65...its back up to regular price & now I can't find the "sale" page anywhere.....oh well....sorry for the bum lead guys & gals...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm really curious about whether this is legit?...I ordered Ninjor from this website last year & they cancelled the order after stringing me along for a few weeks.....I would love to buy at least 2 more troopers but I'm strapped for cash right now.....

http://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms/masters-of-universe-toys/masters-of-universe-horde-trooper-dkc03

• 2 months later...

My "Ultimate" figs finally came in...it was the long haul for these figs...I damn near forgot about them....they look great, too bad I'm a weirdo that doesn't take them out of the box...sorry for the crappy pics, I'm in a time crunch these days.....they were $37.50 each after breaking down the overall price....I'm Very satisfied w/it because of the current price on the Motu Classics Teela & RamMan....this is the comic version of Rammy, I prefer it over the Xmas version of Ram....its an awesome figs.....Super 7 did an amazing job! People were worried about their capabilities....I'm hoping they're going to remake Fisto in the next round up....Let me just say their web site was soooo much better than dealing w/Digital River...granted I almost waited a year but it was worth it imop.....

post-31352-0-76483100-1501985598_thumb.jpg

I almost bought the whole set but that was pricey...that Faker looked awesome but I had those other guys & didn't want a whole lot of doubles....I'm just glad I have Teela...I saw the other day "GraySkull Lookout" w/the Eagle Glider? w/Teela was down to $50 bux on the Mattel Ebay store...that's a decent price for the vehicle alone...that poor fugly Teela though?.....lol

post-31352-0-08832700-1501985624_thumb.jpg

I really dig this packaging, its very display friendly as well...Retro look is awesome....these 2 look great scattered/displayed in my Mancave/Smaug Pit....definitely Eyecatching....

• 1 month later...

Awesome score, GD...have you opened them yet? I was just wondering how they compared to the Mattel figures in terms of quality, etc.

I just scored a Radius and He-ro II on Mattel's eBay store...these are probably the first MOTU figures I've bought since they showed-up at Big Lots a few years ago. I just had a wild-hair notion to check them out again...sometimes as a collector I just want to take a break every now and then from the stuff I normally pursue and just indulge in something a little lighter in tone or more fun/off-the-wall than the usual fare. I usually am pretty serious collecting Star Wars, G.I. Joe, or Transformers, and I still enjoy those properties immensely, but...sometimes it's just nice to step back from it all and enjoy a property just for the sake of liking something just because it looks interesting and fun. Masters of the Universe is like that for me...I was never a huge fan growing up, and I had seen the cartoon and movie a handful of times, but I've grown to enjoy it as mindless fun in my adult years instead of dismissing the absurd names and appearances like I always have. It's fun in an "Adam-West Batman" sort of way...it's so over-the-top and silly at times, but you can't help but think it's cool and like it on some level anyway. (lol) Now understand, I don't mean that as an insult...when I dig a little deeper in the mythos and comics, and even sometimes in the original cartoon, there's plenty of dramatic themes and epic story points that would entertain the most serious and hard-core of pop-culture/sci-fi enthusiast. But sometimes I couldn't get past ideas like characters called "Stinkor", "Two Bad", and "Fisto", never mind the oft-ridiculous cartoon. But maybe that's my problem...maybe it was never meant to be this epic "sword-and-sorcery-meets-Star Wars", and we were never meant to take it so seriously. I watch the cartoon now, as a grown-up, and I appreciate it more now than I did as a kid. Why? I've come to realize it's simply a kid's cartoon, meant to promote and sell toys, pure and simple. It was never meant to be a sweeping epic for the ages. But even as a glorified toy commercial, it has such a simple and wholesome charm that's just edgy enough to make you think it's cool...

Sorry...didn't mean for this to turn into a discussion about MOTU in general. (lol)

• Like 1

We didn't realize back then that we were watching 22 minute Toy Commercials lol......but some of those "Toy commercials" are box office successes today.....or Soulless Successes.....I held off on the MOTU stuff for a long time....but I watched a lot of He-man back in the day so I had to at least have a "small" lineup....but a few Black Friday & Xmas sales later I have quite a collection of MOTUC stuff now lol.....I probably won't open my Rammy or Teela unless my youngest nephew gets into He-man sometime soon....I just need Ninjor & Fisto for the win....I started collection MOTUC because Hasblow slowed down production on Joes & Star Wars Black 6" figs were just starting & its distribution was slow as well...I needed that blast from the Past...I really got bitten after I purchased the 2 packs from TRU the MOTUC vs DC Heroes packs were FUGGEN AWESOME... I missed the Faker vs Bizarro Supes.....after I bought those packs I was smitten w/the new MOTU stuff....Kudos to the 4 Horsemen & now Super 7 for giving us so much Joy....& many Curses & damnation to Digital River, may they rot in whatever internet Hell they're occupying these days....goot times DB

...& many Curses & damnation to Digital River, may they rot in whatever internet Hell they're occupying these days....goot times DB

(lol) I literally laughed out-loud at that one, GD...I never had first-hand experience with Digital River, but I had read alot of horror stories about them on the old MOTU boards here...

My Darius and He-Ro figures arrived today...I've not opened Darius yet, but I took He-Ro out of his brown mailer-box...I never cease to be amazed at how cool these figures look in person; they're always so colorful, appropriately detailed, dynamic-looking, and generally beg to be opened and fiddled-with. I took He-Ro out, held him up to my little girl, and told her he was He-Man and Teela's son from the future...her eyes lit-up, and she thought that was so cool. A couple of years ago she had gone through a MOTU phase...she found my dvds of the old cartoon and wanted to watch them with me. And to be honest, I hadn't really watched them myself...I mainly bought them for old time's sake, even though I hadn't ever watched it much to begin with. Well, she was hooked, and I experienced a fit of nostalgia I wasn't expecting. We even found the He-Man She-Ra Christmas special at Best Buy one day, and we watched it over, and over, and over...and OVER again. (lol) So not only have I rediscovered MOTU, as it were, with a new set of eyes and appreciation for the whole thing, I also now have some sweet memories of sharing the experience with my little girl. She's since kinda moved-on, but she still appreciates it...in one of her toy-room baskets somewhere, there's a modern Prince Adam and Orko buried underneath cute little puppies, Disney toys, and Barbies galore. (lol)

But anyway...there's something fun about getting new figures in brown mailer-boxes, kinda like back in the old days, when you could order G.I. Joes and/or Transformers in the mail. It seems like we had to wait much longer back then, but it was and is still fun to get stuff like this in the mail. Good times indeed, GD...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm annoyed at Super 7. They want pre-orders of the next wave when they haven't even delivered the last one.

They might be as bad as Digital River.

So far they imop aren't as bad as Digital River.....I gotta admit thought it did take almost a year to get my last items Ram Man, Teela but they were superb....I emailed them once about shipment & they were prompt with their response......bottom line is they're taking "pre-orders" cause the toys aren't made yet....so it will take time to make them & distribute....its the only game in town so I'm playing the game....as I said before it was nice to log into a website & actually order what they're selling as opposed to all the "mind games" DR played w/us on Day of Sale.....10 second sell outs & back door web pages releasing "product" minutes before the "advertised" sell date/time....thank god that shiiii is over...

Yes...I think maybe that's why I never caught-on and got into the Matty stuff initially. I've only dabbled over the years here and there, and that seems like such a shame when a company can deliver such a great product that we actually want, but they make it so convoluted and difficult to acquire that some of us lose interest real quick and move-on to something else...

Having said that, I am glad that Super 7 is going to carry-on the Classics line...it's refreshing for a change to see one company pick up the proverbial ball when another one gives-up and drops it...maybe Hasbro will do it with G.I. Joe, now that I think of it. (lol) But anyway, back to Super 7...as somewhat of an outsider looking in, I like what they're doing...maintaining the same level of detail, adding new portraits and accessories to give collectors some customizable choices, and the retro packaging is always a plus in my book. The only thing I can't get behind is the price...they've priced these things right-out of my budget. Maybe if I can find a deal on eBay or something, I might indulge someday, but I'm afraid these things might skyrocket in price moreso than the Mattel ones have, due to their exclusive and limited nature. The only plus side of that, maybe for people like me, is that this all might drive-down the prices of Mattel's figures, and maybe I'll be able to afford some of them now. (lol)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Unfortunately, I never had much of a budget for the MOTUC subscription business... Nor have I ever really found a majority of the figures I wanted to collect, that were actually affordable. I have only gotten my hands on the He-Man, Skeletor and Mer-Man, that came in the MOTUC vs DCUC line, which by a sheer fluke, appeared in my local Toys R Us, ages and ages ago. Those were a direct line, modern equivalent answer to my want to recapture the MOTU figures I had as a kid. But, I still really wish it were easier to pick up figures of Man-at-Arms, Teela, Evil Lyn, Beast Man, Faker, Stinkor and such.

However, my most sought after MOTUC figure is hands down Shadow Weaver... Simply for the fact that I love and adore her character. I have a shoddy memory these days, so I don’t even remember a lot of the details of her appearances on screen, anymore. But, rewatching the episodes collected in one of the ‘Best of’ or ‘Fan Favorite’ DVD sets, reminded me of how much I loved her, as a kid. She sits at the top of the line as one of my ‘Holy Grails’. And I hope one day to get my hands on her.

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:40 AM, sXeblues said:

Unfortunately, I never had much of a budget for the MOTUC subscription business... Nor have I ever really found a majority of the figures I wanted to collect, that were actually affordable. I have only gotten my hands on the He-Man, Skeletor and Mer-Man, that came in the MOTUC vs DCUC line, which by a sheer fluke, appeared in my local Toys R Us, ages and ages ago. Those were a direct line, modern equivalent answer to my want to recapture the MOTU figures I had as a kid. But, I still really wish it were easier to pick up figures of Man-at-Arms, Teela, Evil Lyn, Beast Man, Faker, Stinkor and such.

I really wish DC would "revisit" the MOTUC vs DCUC line....seriously.....those figs just disappeared off the shelves round here....the only "shelf warmer" was Aquaman Vs *Zoolander voice* Merman.....other than that I missed the Bizarro vs Faker...man that was a great set.....anewayys...At Walmart the other day I picked up one of those Mega Construx Heroes? Its almost like a single Lego figure but it's under the Construx banner...They had a MOTU Faker, I didn't have a pic for it...kinda cool but $5?? it came with Faker's trademark Orange Battle Axe & Power Sword...kinda cool, wish they make some more Motu stuff like this...Some small Motu vehicle playsets would be cool in this medium....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GuitarDevil said:

I really wish DC would "revisit" the MOTUC vs DCUC line....seriously.....those figs just disappeared off the shelves round here....the only "shelf warmer" was Aquaman Vs *Zoolander voice* Merman.....other than that I missed the Bizarro vs Faker...man that was a great set.....anewayys...At Walmart the other day I picked up one of those Mega Construx Heroes? Its almost like a single Lego figure but it's under the Construx banner...They had a MOTU Faker, I didn't have a pic for it...kinda cool but $5?? it came with Faker's trademark Orange Battle Axe & Power Sword...kinda cool, wish they make some more Motu stuff like this...Some small Motu vehicle playsets would be cool in this medium....

I would love it if they would revisit the MOTUC vs DCUC line, most def... I only became aware in the last couple of years that they made ones with Faker, She-Ra, Stratos and Zodac, as I never saw any of those in stores, back in the day. I would make it a point to grab one of every one of them, lol.

At my local Walmart, I think I’ve only ever seen a Beastman figure in the Construx line. I’ve been on the fence about getting it, since I don’t usually pick up stuff outside of the 6” to 7” scale. But Faker I probably would’ve grabbed right then and there, if they’d had him!

Beastman sounds pretty cool.....They only had the one Faker lol....they had quite a few T800's from Terminator & a Star Trek dude...I try to stay with 4"-7" figs but occasionally a few weirdos make it through...lately I've been collecting odd figures that strike my fancy....

^ I always like to switch it up with something random from time to time, as well... Like, for a while I was really stuck on collecting ‘Gogos Crazy Bones’. Other times, I’ll be walking through a toy aisle, and happen upon something that just really strikes my fancy, that I wouldn’t probably have ever gone looking for, and I’ll pick it up. I think it’s a good way of breaking up the monotony, lol.

C409FD00-B1DB-4D4E-87D3-5516796588D9.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 8:27 PM, GuitarDevil said:

I'm not sure if you've seen this but they are making quite a few Construx MOTU figures and they recently announce the Wind Raider. And I agree for that price point why wouldn't you want to pick them up theyre so awesome and a solid quality, I have them displayed on a mini shelf for my 6 inch figures lol

megaconstrux-5pack-windraider.jpg

megaconstrux-motu-wave3_full.jpg

Mega-bloks-SDCC-2015-He-Man.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NeedlessImmortals said:

I'm not sure if you've seen this but they are making quite a few Construx MOTU figures and they recently announce the Wind Raider. And I agree for that price point why wouldn't you want to pick them up theyre so awesome and a solid quality, I have them displayed on a mini shelf for my 6 inch figures lol

megaconstrux-5pack-windraider.jpg

megaconstrux-motu-wave3_full.jpg

Mega-bloks-SDCC-2015-He-Man.jpg

ouch dam$....just like that I'm off the Wagon....these are amazing....that WindRaider has a home at my place....great figs...