CUBS WIN!

jedicrippler

I'm a Mets fan, but I grew up in Southern Wisconsin and damn near every day after I got home from school, my dad and I used to watch Cubs games on WGN with Harry Caray doing the play by play, singing "Take Me out to the Ballgame," pushing Budweiser, and seemingly having one stroke after another. They were pretty amazing this year.

I'm very glad this finally happened.

• Like 1

I'm not a huge baseball guy, I played in school, because my small school needed everyone, lol. Growing up in Chicago, it was hard, you like the Sox, Cubs fans turn their noses up to ya, you like the Cubs, Sox fans want you 6 feet under, lol... I've always liked both. I've been to a handful of baseball games, had the chance to see the Cubbies a few years ago get slaughtered when we were on vacation in California, and this year, my friend was visiting from Denmark and he wanted to see an American baseball game and eat an American hot dog(his words, lol). I picked a Cubs game because they were doing good but at the last minute we changed to a Sox game because he wanted to get the bobble head, lol...

Anyway, it was fun watching the games, my grandma who always used to watch WGN and the Cubbies, even after moving to TX and getting a huge dish, just so she could watch them, she would be proud.

Little known fact... I got my nickname from my grade school baseball coach. He called me Rhyno after the great Ryne Sandberg from the Cubs of my childhood, lol... stuck with me ever since.

I won't run out to get a shirt, or a hat (maybe a hat, but I have like 6,000 hats)... bUT I can still be a proud Chicago fan... now, only if my Bears could make me just as proud, doh!

• Like 1