Sign in to follow this  
kobeisgod

Favorite Current Comics from DC?

I'm personally more of a Marvel guy, but I've dabbled into a little bit of DC stuff and with Rebirth happening I think it'd be a good time to jump on new stuff. So I wondering what are some of your favorite current DC comics? (DarthJoe set up a similar thread about Marvel Comics so I'd thought that DC should get some love too)

Well so far I'm loving what they're doing with Aquaman Rebirth, especially with how they're setting up Black Manta for a much bigger role which has been long overdue since his encounter with Arthur during the New 52.

That's cool. I've heard good things from the Superman Rebirth titles and Batman is always a consistently good read, but this is my my first Aquaman Rebirth recommendation. The only comics I've read from Aquaman are from the first New 52 run that went into Justice League and I really liked it. It was also my first exposure to Ocean Master and I thought he was pretty awesome.

I suppose they aren't rebirth titles, but the what I've read of DC's Young Animal line has my interest.

Doom Patrol and Shade the Changing Girl started off solid.

And I'm looking forward to Mother Panic.

Haven't had chance to check out Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye yet, but I will.

I haven't checked out any of the Rebirth titles yet, but I'm hearing good things about them. I used to follow the New 52 Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman titles but stopped picking up comics shortly after. Now I just wait for sales and get them digitally from comixology, Marvel is just a mess right now save a few titles so I might just give Rebirth a chance. I have a question to those that followed the New 52 and follow Rebirth do I have had to read the New 52 to understand Rebirth or is this a new continuity thing and I can just jump in and understand what's going on?

I suppose they aren't rebirth titles, but the what I've read of DC's Young Animal line has my interest.

Doom Patrol and Shade the Changing Girl started off solid.

And I'm looking forward to Mother Panic.

Haven't had chance to check out Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye yet, but I will.

The new Doom Patrol does seem interesting and it does have a really cool art style. I haven't heard of the other titles, but I'll check them out!

I have a question to those that followed the New 52 and follow Rebirth do I have had to read the New 52 to understand Rebirth or is this a new continuity thing and I can just jump in and understand what's going on?

It basically picks up after the New 52. I would say that you should read DC Universe Rebirth #1 if you don't mind rushing through some of the New 52 events. It kind of sums up a lot of the major things that happened in the New 52 and shows what direction Rebirth is taking. After that I'm pretty sure that any of the Rebirth titles are fair game and won't leave you completely confused.

Yeah I think if you read Rebirth #1, you should be fine.

I am reading Batman, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Superman, and Aquaman. I am enjoying Rebirth much more than New 52. I give Superman chance after chance in the hopes that DC will someday learn how to do him right. So far so good on the new series. It's the pre-New 52 Supes in the new continuity with Lois and their son. The artist/writer Pat Gleeson is a local guy who's work I've always liked.

Yes, Marvel is a mess. I don't read one of their titles and I'm not really tempted to.

DC is really hitting it out of the park and I don't mind the fact that some titles are shipping twice a month. Right Now I'm reading: Batman, Detective, Nightwing, Superman, Action, Flash, Titans, Deathstroke, The whole Young Animals and Hanna Barbera updated line. Enjoying all of it and don't see me dropping any of it. Compare that to Marvel and Image titles that I am only getting in trade form or from the library.

I have a question to those that followed the New 52 and follow Rebirth do I have had to read the New 52 to understand Rebirth or is this a new continuity thing and I can just jump in and understand what's going on?

It basically picks up after the New 52. I would say that you should read DC Universe Rebirth #1 if you don't mind rushing through some of the New 52 events. It kind of sums up a lot of the major things that happened in the New 52 and shows what direction Rebirth is taking. After that I'm pretty sure that any of the Rebirth titles are fair game and won't leave you completely confused.

Cool, I'll give it a chance, I was worried there might have been a continuity mess after the New 52 but sounds like the Rebirth is a good jumping point.

I've been reading through all of them. Mostly I enjoy; Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.

I have the Young Animal books but only read the 1st issue of Doom Patrol. I think I need to go a few more issues before I can say if I like it or not.

I forgot to mention the only Rebirth title that I've read a little bit of was Blue Beetle. It's fun. It has a spiderman-like quality to it and it's really cool to see Ted Kord back.