MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron 2.0

Goldbug

Saw the pics on FB, and I'm pretty happy with look. Faces are perfect, telescoping lens to change the size of the cannon, and '86 movie battle damage! I'll keep my Apollyon, but this will be at the forefront of my Decepticons!

You beat me to it lol. I just saw this on TFW2005 and got some photos from them.

Masterpiece-Megatron-2017_zpsuxpb78iv.jp

Masterpiece-Megatron-2017-2_zpsnisdv31m.

Masterpiece-Megatron-2017-1_zpsklq1vtuj.

Masterpiece-Megatron-2017-3_zps4ai0afac.

Of all the MP Megatrons that have been released so far including from 3P, MP 36 finally nail it. I can't wait to have him!

I concur. Although there are a few who prefers the 3rd party versions, I feel like this one, as well as virtually all official MP figures are better than the third party versions because of the creative ways of making the robot figures looking like their cartoon counterparts. I also think that the designers developing the Masterpiece figures at Takara Tomy spends more time on R & D producing the figures than someone in China - since it took us a long time to get a second version of Megatron, I would imagined that the toy was in development for years.

The problem with the third party Megatron figures are that they are too bulky and are obviously focused on the robot mode despite looking plain at times as oppose to gun mode. Nothing wrong liking Megatron being bulky, but he was hardly bulky until the DW comicbooks.

I'm hearing a lot of folks say this is Shockwave all over again - the MP is small, frail, delicate, with long thin legs but certainly a very refined design.

This is a lot of speculation based on an early prototype, and I always try to judge things by how the turn out as final production pieces. Early photos can be so deceiving. So far MP-36 looks like it could turn out spectacular. I'm only concerned if it'll be like Shockwave and have a lackluster paint and finish in the name of cartoon accuracy, because that part of Shockwave really sucked.

I couldn't show this yesturday cause Photobucket was down. Anyway I got yesturday from FedEx MP Thrust I like his size and look to him. I was trying to get him in a nelling pose with one leg on the ground and the other up a little and I couldn't get him to stay up. So I got him in a fighting pose against MP G2 Sideswipe. I didn't try him in jet mode since he was already in robot mode.

FFA2CE03-37AB-4ED5-B238-18291EEF5AB5_zps

Next on my MP list is Inferno.

Well I was checking ebay on selling my MP-05 in anticipation for MP36 and I saw quite a few that sold for $40 etc.
I'm assuming these are KOs?

However the seller has not put that in their description which I find very deceitful.

Well I was checking ebay on selling my MP-05 in anticipation for MP36 and I saw quite a few that sold for $40 etc.

I'm assuming these are KOs?

However the seller has not put that in their description which I find very deceitful.

Not so sure - I was at at toy convention a week or two ago, and dealers had him up for about $50. With other alternatives (3rd party and the upcoming MP-36) I think most are just trying to get rid of him. Got rid of mine when Apollyon was announced, and I just got rid of Apollyon for $95 as soon as this one was announced. Gotta strike while the iron is hot! Best of luck!