GuitarDevil

New Joe Characters-Do we or Don't we need em?

I've seen the pics of the new joe waves coming out or are out...I haven't been to TRU in a few so I don't know if they even have them or not....I'm going to be negative & say not cause my TRU's are little lackluster....

I kind like the "Shooter" Fig but the all black deco is kinda turning me off for that set...+ we'll probably or not get her in a different get up in a later release ( we used to be able to say this about Joes but maybe not.)

The Heavy Duty & Stiletto 2 pack I'm kinda on the fence about....I'm a Roadblock man.....Heavy Duty always seemed like an 2.O version to me....I'm not caring for the look of Stiletto, she kinda reminds me of the dude who drives the ThunderMacheen....little sister maybe?

The Duke Vs Tombstone 2 pack seems underwhelming as well...it just feels like the Hasbro Joe team were on Vacation when they put this pack together...lotsa re-used parts it looks like....sometimes it seems they can never get Duke right....I'm passing on this set too....

Zombies-We've seen before & I'm down if I find an pack or 2 but that's it...I have small platoon of em from the last release....it was fun chasing those guys...

I'm kinda wondering about vehicles at this point...we'll we see Repainted Hiss Tanks & AweStrikers galore this year?......thoughts, opinions, rants....give us your 1/2 of the battle..

The re-issued figures are nice for army building or for those that didn't get them the first tme around much like Lowlight, Rock Viper and Alpine were. As for the new characters, well they are ok. I want shooter since she was placed as the 13th original Joe and I would like to have her along side the others. The female COBRA Trooper is a nice novelty that some fans have been asking for since the Club did a version of them 10 years ago. The execution of Stiletto wasn't great, but the fact that she was fan voted on and started as a fanfic charcater is severely cool. Tombstone is a take him or leave him character IMO.

As for vehicles are a no go this year, which is fine since them seem to be running out of ideas at this point. Do we need another re-issued SHARC or HISS tank?

To answer the question, yes, keep new Joes coming. That's the way they always did it in the old line. Releasing mainly new guys with bringing a few old favorites in every now and again. Keep the new guys coming.

That said, I agree, the new guys they have on deck for this year look a little underwhelming.

The real problem is that there have been so many individual charcaters created by this point that it's hard to come up with one thats original.

i don't collect modern joes, but yeah i believe they should keep making "new" characters. (even if those characters are rehashes of characters previously in the line?) maybe they will stumble on something great? and gi joe can be the power house toy line we know it can be!

i don't collect modern joes, but yeah i believe they should keep making "new" characters. (even if those characters are rehashes of characters previously in the line?) maybe they will stumble on something great? and gi joe can be the power house toy line we know it can be!

Call me oldschool but I think in order for Gi Joe to be that power house again it needs a good cartoon to go with it. Really it would need a few things A good cartoon(could be a netflix cartoon) Comic book (ARAH still going strong now; Hama is the man!) and a video game (like call of duty or battlefield with Joes and Cobra) Do it ARAH style where you have a lot of great and diverse characters to build from.

Just some thoughts thats all.

• Like 1