Which G1 figure deserves a remake for the Generations/Classics/Titans Return line?

Doom Saber

With the Titans Return figure continuing the tradition of releasing G1 characters with updated designs, which characters do you think should be remade? I think it is time for Banzaitron to get a proper remake. Sure, he was made in previous lines in the past couple of years, but they were all repaints that were either exclusives to Botcon or Japan or not part of the classics line. I would like to see a proper version of Banzaitron with a vehicle mode. Seeing how the Titans Return is a trilogy (the first was Combiner Wars), I wonder what the third part of the line would be. Be interesting if Hasbro brings back the Actionmasters line, though I don't think they would sell like the previous themes due to them being non-transforming figures..

I'd still like to see a proper Blitzwing...the recent Generations one looks cool enough, but I've read reviews about that particular mold having issues. I'd also like to see modern versions of Topspin and Twintwist. I always felt those two looked great, regardless of their gimmick. Also the "clones/twins"...I don't remember what they're called, deserve modern versions I think. I always loved the concept of two identical Transformers that changed into different alt. modes. And I also loved the spy one...what was his name? I always thought that figure was ingenious...a character that had one alt. mode but two different robot modes so he could act as a spy. There should have been more of those I think. I just feel like all of these figures were perhaps underrated and way overdue for a cool modern version.

And I have to admit...I wouldn't mind seeing modern versions of the Pretenders. The concept was so bizarre and meta that it was cool to me. (lol)

• Like 1

I'd still like to see a proper Blitzwing...the recent Generations one looks cool enough, but I've read reviews about that particular mold having issues. I'd also like to see modern versions of Topspin and Twintwist. I always felt those two looked great, regardless of their gimmick. Also the "clones/twins"...I don't remember what they're called, deserve modern versions I think. I always loved the concept of two identical Transformers that changed into different alt. modes. And I also loved the spy one...what was his name? I always thought that figure was ingenious...a character that had one alt. mode but two different robot modes so he could act as a spy. There should have been more of those I think. I just feel like all of these figures were perhaps underrated and way overdue for a cool modern version.

And I have to admit...I wouldn't mind seeing modern versions of the Pretenders. The concept was so bizarre and meta that it was cool to me. (lol)

There is a rumor that we are getting a new Blitzwing in the Titans Return series; there is a triple changer Megatron and triple changer G2 Laser Optimus Prime that look very similar to Blitzwing and Octane, respectively. Because of these figures, people are speculating that we will get remolds of these figures as Blitzwing and Octane.

SDCC%202016%20-%20Titans%20Return%20Voya

http://i.tformers.com/g/albums/29701/SDCC%202016%20-%20Titans%20Return%20Voyager%20Megatron%20Boxback%20Photo%20Show%20Sixshot,%20Triggerhappy,%20Optimus%20Prime%20And%20Fangry.jpg

As for the spy car, are you referring to Punch/Counterpunch?

I had forgotten about the Pretenders. Seeing as how the Pretenders bots were not being remade in TR (we did get Targetmasters and Powermasters being converted to Headmasters), perhaps this is the third series of the trilogy.

I know one that as far as I know has never had any update to him and that is Gears. I haven't seen or hear his name ever. It's weird that all the G1 have had different upgrades but you have never hear of Gears.

I know one that as far as I know has never had any update to him and that is Gears. I haven't seen or hear his name ever. It's weird that all the G1 have had different upgrades but you have never hear of Gears.

There was a Gears a couple of years ago.

http://www.tfu.info/2014/Autobot/GenGears/gears.htm

The Clones were Pounce & Wingspan for the Cons & Fastlane & Cloudraker for the Bots.

The one that truly needed an upgrade is our next Titan class. Trypticon only had a repaint of a little Legends class Scourge from the Cybertron series & one of those weird computer mouse TFs from a few years ago in Japan.

The Clones were Pounce & Wingspan for the Cons & Fastlane & Cloudraker for the Bots.

The one that truly needed an upgrade is our next Titan class. Trypticon only had a repaint of a little Legends class Scourge from the Cybertron series & one of those weird computer mouse TFs from a few years ago in Japan.

I think other than Typticon, Scorponok is deserving of an official G1, non-exclusive update.

Scorponok definitely should have a proper G1 update (and most likely will after Trypticon one would assume), but at least he's had a few representations over the years, including one that was vaguely similar, if undersized, to the G1 version. But Trypticon has been so overlooked it's criminal.

That's weird I never knew they did a update to him I had always though he was the only one that Hasbro or TT never done.

Scorponok definitely should have a proper G1 update (and most likely will after Trypticon one would assume), but at least he's had a few representations over the years, including one that was vaguely similar, if undersized, to the G1 version. But Trypticon has been so overlooked it's criminal.

It is a bit hilarious how Trypticon didn't have some sort of incarnation from the Unicron trilogy as all the other larger robots have from Metroplex to Scorponok. Fortress Maximus, while did receive a toy till this year, was a superior to Hot Shot in Armada or Energon (I don't recall).

There is a rumor that we are getting a new Blitzwing in the Titans Return series; there is a triple changer Megatron and triple changer G2 Laser Optimus Prime that look very similar to Blitzwing and Octane, respectively. Because of these figures, people are speculating that we will get remolds of these figures as Blitzwing and Octane.

http://i.tformers.com/g/albums/29701/SDCC%202016%20-%20Titans%20Return%20Voyager%20Megatron%20Boxback%20Photo%20Show%20Sixshot,%20Triggerhappy,%20Optimus%20Prime%20And%20Fangry.jpg

I had forgotten about the Pretenders. Seeing as how the Pretenders bots were not being remade in TR (we did get Targetmasters and Powermasters being converted to Headmasters), perhaps this is the third series of the trilogy.

Another Megatron?

Another Megatron?

Just like we are getting not one, but two Optimus Primes in Titans Return. Megatron somewhat gets a pass because depending on which continuity you follow, Galvatron is a separate character from Megatron. It is also expected that we will get a Prime and Megatron in every series.

Another Megatron?

Just like we are getting not one, but two Optimus Primes in Titans Return. Megatron somewhat gets a pass because depending on which continuity you follow, Galvatron is a separate character from Megatron. It is also expected that we will get a Prime and Megatron in every series.

We got Megatron last year and I love that version but a headmaster??

Another Megatron?

We got Megatron last year and I love that version but a headmaster??

Technically, the Megatron from last year is from a different series. I now think of the Transformers line as the Super Sentai series where it reboots every year. That said, we will probably get a Megs and Prime every year in the Generations line - I wouldn't be shocked if next year's theme is a Pretenders line and we see a Pretenders Megatron and Optimus Prime.

Yes! That's it...Punch and Counterpunch. I couldn't remember that to save my life...

Also, I love that Megatron...the thoughts of a triple-changing Megatron is beyond cool to me. That mold also looks like it'd make an excellent Blitzwing. Thanks DS!

If you guys are talking about the Pretenders I wonder if they would have Jazz.Bumblebee,Grimlock & Starscream as Pretenders again?

If you guys are talking about the Pretenders I wonder if they would have Jazz.Bumblebee,Grimlock & Starscream as Pretenders again?

Might be so since we haven't had a Jazz nor a Bumblebee in the Titans trilogy series yet - they are likely saving them for a pretenders line. Good call. I am hoping that Pretenders is the next themed series since other than Pretenders, there's Actionmasters and Micromasters.

I would like to see a new Hose head since they are remaking this line and..Whynot the Dinobots? We seem to get Grimlock all the time but none of the other Dinos

I agree we don't even have the other Dinos in Masterpiece form. Other then Grimlock I pretty mush sure that people's next favorite Dinobot was Swoop or even Slag. So why not make though 2.