What was the worst G1 Transformer toy?

SKYWARP

You can't blame the toy for that.The toon came out after toys were released

Worst toy? possibly the 87 toyline? They all looked like playskool toys at the time

Ah yes very true,very true. For some reason didn't think about that.

Yes...I might have said that too had I not forgot about them. I remember seeing them in stores when they first came out and thinking how surreal and sad they were...like something out of an odd dream you might have had about Transformers...

Looking back though, there was some morbid appeal to these for me, even though I never got any of them. And I always felt the same way about the Pretenders...they were just so odd and way out of left field...and I think maybe that's always what piqued my interest in them. I guess it's comparable to a really bad movie or bad sequel in an otherwise awesome film franchise...so bad that you love it anyway on some strange level. (lol) I was always especially intrigued by the later Pretenders that featured classic characters like Bumblebee and Jazz...I never saw them in-hand, and I wondered if their robot modes were any more cartoon-accurate than the original versions. I guess maybe that was part of their appeal for me, but I digress...

Transformers toys that were made out of the metallic brown plastic that cracks easily

Ugh, gold plastic syndrome. Silverbolt from the Magnaboss gestalt set in Beast Wars is ruined due to his wing shattering at the hinge. And Swerve in the Alternators line lost a finger like, literally, the day I got him a couple years ago. And I know it's damn hard to get a complete Monstructor due to 2 of them having that type of plastic.

Out of the original lineup.....I would say for Autobots....Ironhide(Ratchet too) he was such an badarse in the show but his toy was just......no............On the Decepticon side I would say the Sweeps....or Galvatron....those were some lame toys....the early Decepticon lineup was fairly decent if your okay w/Starscream & brothers short short arms w/giant fist...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For me it would have to be the miromasters I know I have some but I think they where the wrost cause of beeing so small. I second on the Throttlebots and Battle Charagers Runamuck & Runabout with there arms where you couldn't move them.