SKYWARP

Did you play with your toys outside or inside?

So did you use to play with your toys outside, inside, or both? I learned the hard way with some of my Star Wars figures playing with them outside. We had two big pine trees in the front yard, and a few figures ended up with pine sap all over them. Needless to say after that I kept all of my battles inside.

I had a friend that played with all his gi joes outdoors and i don't even want to think about how many joes he lost. I even remember him losing MOTU ram-man in a drain pipe that went under the road.

Outside, Inside, Forward, Upward, Sideways, Down....in a box w/fox....I lost quite a few Joes myself trying to make an small swamp for them.....I dug a hole....put plastic wrap (mom got pissed for wasting plastic wrap) on the bottom...covered it with some dirt & added water.....annddd I had a giant soupy mess to which I somehow lost 3CPO & at least 3 joes.....I have no fricken idea how I lost them I kept digging around the muck but couldn't find em...my mom got even more pissed at the mess I made near our sidewalk so she made me fill the hole back up & I never saw them again...I didn't have R2 anyway....I took my toys all over...we were poor but we always made it home for Ceremonies & such...lost a few joes during the trip...after awhile my mom said no more travel buddies...bummer but I still bought some toys on the road if I had chore money....I mainly played Hotwheels & Joes outside...I would take 3 fingers & create dirt tracks for my cars & I had the General Lee so I would mostly use "Dukes of Hazzard" characters in my pretend play (hate that term)...those were back roads....If I was creating an Highway I would use my whole hand to make tracks in the dirt....I used cups & rocks for gas stations & houses.....I even had the Boss Hog caddy....man I had a blast...if I could find hotwheels tracks at garage sales I would use those for raceway lanes....I never took my Transformers outside mainly cause other kids would steal them from me....lotsa bullies back then...I always had an blast wherever...I took my Star Wars figs in the bathtub of course who didn't.....it was times like those I wish I had the Cobra Water Moccasin or the Killer Whale or the Shark......I would use the Kitchen sink haha to act as an Training Tank for my lone Cobra Eel...(damn that was an great figure) & even froze my "Hoth Luke" or tried to freeze him upside down...the closest I would get would be to fill an small dish of water & set Luke in or try to prop him up....if he froze right (my mom would ask "what's this frozen nonsense doing in my freezer?) I would have at least a few minutes of play before the ice melted & freed Luke from the imaginary Wampa that would come for him.....w/our imaginations I'm sure everyone here played anywhere they could find....we had an giant dirt mound from construction behind our apartments....there was even a small creek where many a foolish child lost his joes...I remember a friend of mine took the Water Moccasin out in the creek one time...it was soooooo badas$ I was jelly....good times

I played with my figures pretty much wherever I could. I was big into turtles so I'd create battlegrounds outside for the turtles and the villains (sometimes the turtle variants would be the villains as I would get duplicates/different versions of them for christmas and birthdays).

I loved playing Ice planet Hoth in the winter months in the snow.I took McDonalds cups turn them upside down and put a straw potruding from the cup as a cannon.We didn;t have any AT-ATs though

• Like 1

Both, but had a lot of outside play. Sad thing was my brother and I buried a bunch of ours after a battle, because they died... and then we got called in for lunch and couldn't find them, lol. We also did that at my grandparent's farm in TX... :(

I remember on the side of my dad's house (now my house), we'd always use an old stump as Cobra Island. It's still there, but barely, lol. We also had lava rocks by the front porch with 2 gnarly bushes... I remember many battles in that lava pit, lol... fast forward to when we moved in and my son is up front, on the front porch, playing Star Wars in the lava rock Mustafar, lol... awesome!

Both, but had a lot of outside play. Sad thing was my brother and I buried a bunch of ours after a battle, because they died... and then we got called in for lunch and couldn't find them, lol. We also did that at my grandparent's farm in TX... :(

I remember on the side of my dad's house (now my house), we'd always use an old stump as Cobra Island. It's still there, but barely, lol. We also had lava rocks by the front porch with 2 gnarly bushes... I remember many battles in that lava pit, lol... fast forward to when we moved in and my son is up front, on the front porch, playing Star Wars in the lava rock Mustafar, lol... awesome!

Wow that is so awesome, especially about you playing in the lava pit, and now its mustafar for your son. Crazy how time flies like that too.

Mostly inside. I couldn't afford the great dioramas and backgrounds that the toy companies built for their figures. And I didn't develop my construction skills til mich later in life

Mostly inside. I couldn't afford the great dioramas and backgrounds that the toy companies built for their figures. And I didn't develop my construction skills til mich later in life

My construction skills were in my head (as in imagination haha) The carpet part of the floor was land, and the wood floor was water. Coffee table and end tables usually ended up being bases.

I used to play both indoors and outdoors, sometimes even during car rides if we go to the mall. That is, until I lost some of the lightsabers from my Star Wars figures which really depressed me for a long time.

After that point, I said to myself "Never again." @haha@

I try to only mess with my toys indoors especially if they have a bunch of add-on accessories that are susceptible to falling off. I hate losing tiny pieces that fly off to the realm of "you'renevergoingtofindthisagain".

Outside play with G.I Joes was almost mandatory in the neighbourhood I grew up in-- all the kids had a lot of 'em, and we assumed battlefields that spanned pretty much everywhere.

After I managed to lose some of my Star Wars figures outside when I was four or five, I pretty much never took toys outside to play with again, aside from the occasional Tonka truck.

I used to play both indoors and outdoors, sometimes even during car rides if we go to the mall. That is, until I lost some of the lightsabers from my Star Wars figures which really depressed me for a long time.

After that point, I said to myself "Never again." @haha@

We had a station wagon when I was growing up. So I would take some of my toys with me anytime we would go places on the weekend. I lost a few MASK toys on those rides. Don't know how I did it but I could never fins some of the parts I lost. After that and some bad issues with pine sap messing up some of my Starwars figures. I was inside from then on out.

Depends on which figures I would play with, but most of the time it was in the front porch and in the grass to simulate a forest, jungle,etc. I would also take big boxes and used them as buildings, I would cut holes in them to simulate windows and doors.

Both!

I loved playing on the stairs because that was the "mountain" they fought on. We used to have an old pool table in the basement and I got pretty creative with the pockets. The sink would often get filled up for some underwater adventures.

Now if I go outside, there's the sandbox, of course. I also held a few funerals and buried guys in the ground.

Whether outside or inside, the result was always they same: PLAY WEAR!

I know my friend buried snow job in his grandfathers backyard when we were kids. I remember nearly 20yrs later he was doing some yard work and found snow job. We couldn't believe it. He was a little ruff for wear and of course his O-ring was gone, but he still survived. haha

Both, with lots and LOTS of outside play.

As a kid, I was full-on Star Wars for several years, and Star Wars loves to go to exotic locations. Outside was the best.

All those old toys got beat to hell, destroyed and/or lost - as they should.