What is your favorite G1 episode?

Devastator_2000

I just watched most of Season 1 of the G1 cartoon today, so was wondering, what is your favorite episode?

For me its Season 1, Heavy Metal War. It introduced my favorite Transformer (Devastator) and had the epic clash between my 2 favorite groups....The Constructicons and the Dinobots! I also liked the idea that Megs came up with to give Optimus a good old fashioned butt woopin.

When I was a kid I will have to say it was Fire on the mountain. It was one of the first episodes I remember watching. I saw it on the Bozo show when I was on vacation. Then not long after that Fox started airing the show back home so I was able to see them every M-F.

Just like G.I. Joe ARAH Transformers has so many great episodes it's hard for me to pick one. I will have to say overall one of my all time favorites is Starscreams Brigade. Love the fact that it introduced Bruticus, and had Devastator and Menasaur all in the same episode. Again Just Like GI Joe I'm really glad I got to grow up watching Transformers.

A couple that stand-out for me is "Enter the Nightbird" and...a Season 3 episode that featured Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Trypticon, and Metroplex. I loved how the Autobots were all making fun of Nightbird with Optimus slightly scolding them, then after the Decepticons reprogram her she returns to their headquarters and proceeds to trash them all with very little effort. (lol) And the battle between Metroplex and Trypticon in the other episode seemed epic and was seared into my memory...I even remember thinking to myself even back then in a mental note how well that particular episode was animated and written. After all, Season 3 can be spotty at times, at best. (lol)

There's a third one that I remember liking from Season 3 for the better-than-usual animation...it's called "Call of the Primitives", and all of the "primal", animal-based Transformers, both Autobots and Decepticons, were drawn to a powerful source that threatened the galaxy. The instigator behind it all turned-out to be a diminutive character that they caught and scolded like a child that was rampaging with his toys. It could have been a classic Star Trek episode, now that I think of it... (lol)

For me the two I like the most where in season 2 The Autobot Run & City of Steal. With Autobot Run I love all the complants that Sunstreaker was having with his handsome robot mode to him acting like a stunt car that would jump over Optimus and the others but didn't made it that Windcharger had to use his magnet fill to put him down. With City of Steal I just love the drawing of it one of the best drawing and color they have ever use. The one thing with Call of the Primitives that bug me was. They had all of Soundwave's cassetts but Laserbeak & Buzzsaw. They where the only animal bots that was not in it. I also wonder now if Bombshell and the others where not reformat would Primeacon call them out as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, a lot of those G1 episodes don't hold up well over time. Whether it's animation errors, continuity errors, gaping plot holes, etc. I do love parts of episodes as opposed to entire episodes. Webworld, Killing Jar, and call of the primitives stand out. And dweller in the depths, written by a very young Paul Dini before he created Harley Quinn.

• 5 weeks later...

Heavy Metal War.

It's the last show of the first series, which was actually an ongoing story. So yeah, a final resolution, with the Decepticons all being dumped into a pool of lava and being defeated and gone forever. How cruel.

But the best part was Devastator. Who was ready to kick some serious Autobot ass, but then a giant hologram appears, and Optimus says "Now, while he's distracted", and then Optimus shoots Devastator right in the dick, which is apparently his weak spot because he immediately breaks apart into his individual bots and is easily defeated.

Lesson learned - play dirty.

The Secret of Omega Supreme

Such a tragic story for the big guy. Not only does he lose the Constructicons as his friends on Cybertron, but they are turned against him with Megatron reprogramming and turning them into Devastator. I thought the episode had some intense moments with Omega only expressing emotions with anger and revenge on his mind, when he goes after the Constructicons on Earth.

One of my favorite lines from that episode, Omega Supreme: "Creature lives. You die!" Pretty dark line for a cartoon. You can tell Omega wanted to destroy them.

The confrontation between him and Optimus Prime toward the end of the episode was pretty epic. And the final scene on the bridge is full on with the feels. Love that episode!

omegatear_zps3c1pzxjy.jpg