G1 What did you like better the cartoon or the comics?

SKYWARP

Cartoon all the way... and still agree on that at age 34!

* Talking cartoons;
Up to date G1 and Beast Wars are the only ones I ever like.
I can't stand the way Transformers look these days; with all those happy faces on the robots (makes them look soft/kiddy, less robotic)... and the fact that humans have much bigger parts takes away the essence of the whole subject Transformers.
And last but not least, for some odd reason Transformers these days need to make jokes, which makes them lose their credibility of being robots imo.
(but that's a different subject I guess)

As a kid I watched the cartoon. Loved it right up until the time when Season 3 started and all of a sudden, all new characters, all new settings, no explanation. ( I didn't see the movie ) Stopped watching immediately.

Later I went back and read the comics, and they were much much better imo.

I went back and watched the cartoon recently and laughed my way through the whole thing. It's all ridiculous, (although the first season was pretty cool). I came to the conclusion that all Transformers were driven completely insane by 4 million years of non stop civil war, and that their only answer to any problem, ANY problem, was pwew pwew pwew pwew.

• Like 1

I have and still love the Cartoon better then the comics. I think they had a better story then the comics and I had my heart crush when I saw that my favorite Autobots where kill off in the movie namely Prowl. When I saw his eyes light up in flames and mouth I just started crying and then see my other dieing Ironhide,Wheeljack & Brawn. The comics where good but to me the stories didn't match to well with the cartoon. In fact with alot of Cartoon/comics I when more with cartoon like Superfriends,G.I. Joe,He-Man and that is about it. This is another reason why with the new look to the Masterpiece Transformers how they are starting to look more like the cartoon then the toy they where made from. Also in the cartoon I like some of the jokes that where in it from Sunstreaker's ego with his paint job to Brawn beening this macho and wanted to take Huffer apart for beening chicken to his Let's bash brains. Even with the likes of hearing Sharplen last words repeating. That is what I love about the cartoon. The comics did not have any hummer in it was all bizness. So THE CARTOON for me.

I have to say the cartoon was my favorite too. I did read the comics, but the show was still my favorite. I do like what idw has done for the comic now. Anytime I've ever read the comics I find myself aways giving them their voices from the show, so thats even another reason why I have to go with the cartoon.

I have to say, I've always enjoyed both and felt that both appealed to me equally but for different reasons, although the comic seemed to be a little more mature than the cartoon was at times.