Who is your favorite (Individual) Decepticon?

Devastator_2000

Soundwave w/Shockwave a close 2nd.....Soundwave was an key component of the group because he wasn't just an Spy he was an commander as well....his army of eccentric tapes clinched it for me....Rumble, Ravage, Frenzy, Ratbat & the others were the added bonus....everyone of them had their own personalities & specialties....I really dug that aspect, if he was on a mission he could dispatch his tools & really create chaos from the inside like he did so many times in the cartoons....He seem cool & calm & rarely played the buffoon....He had an awesome voice that I would always try to impersonate & it just didn't translate well anywhere....at school, dinner table, sleep overs, funerals......Who knew Rumble was from Jersey on Cybertron? Soundwave had so many cool inventions up his robot sleeves as well.....he would sign Codename for his secret ops.....& he was sort of the "Bard" of his group.....he could pump out the jams while Megs & crew were putting "speedholes" in IronHide & Ratchet......he was 2nd in line to use Megatron in Gun form....he was just that cool....no SoundWave emoji?

Skywarp! He started it all for me, was the first transformer I ever owned. I always thought he had an awesome color scheme too purple and black

I gotta tells ya SW, I really had you pegged for an Starscream man....but I guess I was wrong :P ....I always loved his Purple & Black over the other 2's color schemes as well

• Like 1

It's always been Soundwave.

Like a lot of people, Soundwave was the perennial badass to me. Stoic, informed, loyal, with his own little army of dudes, and with a great look and a killer voice.

Plus a total badass.

First episode, the Autobots flee Cybertron in the Ark but the Decepticons catch them in the Nemesis.

The Decepticons board the Ark and a fight ensues.

Soundwave is attacked by Jazz, Sideswipe and Prowl.

Soundwave punches Jazz in the face. He's down.

Soundwave throws Prowl over his shoulder. He's out.

Soundwave kicks the hell out of Sideswipe. He's done.

This all happen in 3 seconds. In 3 seconds Soundwave has put down 3 Autobots.

Then Ironhide sucker dropkicks Soundwave in the back and knocks him down.

Soundwave then beats the living hell out of Ratchet just because.

Because Soundwave.

I have 6 favorite Decepticons 5 before movie and 1 after.

1. Soundwave=Just like you guys said on here his voice what did it for me. Just love it.

2. Rumble= He just a smart a.. bot with cool pilldriver to make earthquakes.

3. Thrust= Love his jet mode never seen a jet like him ever and wasn't a cower like Dirge & Ramjet.

4. Hook=His voice he was about the only one with that deep voice from any of the Constutcons.

5. Blitzwing=Don't know why but I just like him

6. Triggerhappy= Two words He's Crazy.

That is all who I like.

Skywarp! He started it all for me, was the first transformer I ever owned. I always thought he had an awesome color scheme too purple and black

I gotta tells ya SW, I really had you pegged for an Starscream man....but I guess I was wrong :P ....I always loved his Purple & Black over the other 2's color schemes as well

Just imagine how crushed I was when I found out that Starscream was the leader of the seekers, not Skywarp. I remember thinking as a kid, Starscreams color scheme just didn't make him look evil enough, but Skywarps to me definately did.

I have to go with perhaps a more predictable choice, but maybe for not-so-predictable reasons: Megatron. First of all, I always thought he had the toughest-sounding name for a transforming robot. Plus there seemed to always be this aura or air about him, like Darth Vader...a living legend in his own time that could back-up the hype that always surrounded him, and just the mention of his name instilled fear in his enemies. I just wish his most classic alt. mode wasn't a handgun. There's something meta and perhaps symbolic about the notion of him transforming into a weapon, but he's immobile in said from and has to be wielded by a cohort. But maybe him becoming a means by which others cause death and destruction is the singular irony behind his very existence...that or Hasbro just decided that the Diaclone handgun robot would most definitely be a bad guy. (lol)

Shockwave

First, I liked the way he looked, He was a futuristic looking one eyed robot with a weapon for a hand. His alt mode was a flying laser gun with power that rivaled Megatron.

Although he was loyal to Megatron in the G1 show, he was quite the opposite in the G1 comic. He overthrew Megatron as leader and outsmarted hin on more than one occasion. He built Jetfire and the Constructicons. He was a plain badass!

His original G1 toy was pretty cool toy and it actually looked close the animation mode. I still have mine to this day. Love the Masterpiece version as well!

mpsshock3a_zps5hwjcraf.jpg

I often thought that Shockwave might be what Spock from Star Trek would be like were he a Transformer. (lol) I've always loved the character. And like you guys said...I always thought he had a truly original and unique look that stood out from the rest of the Decepticons at the time.