Who is your favorite combiner?

SKYWARP

I know I know it's been asked before. Just wondering now who's everyones favorite combiner?

Mine is Predaking. He was the first combiner I was able to complete back in the day. Always been my favorite and still is to this day.

I always wanted a G1 Bruticus, and Menasor too, but for some reason I never completed them when I was younger.

The first is the best....Devastator all the way. He was my first combiner. I also like his unique transformation, all the rest transform in the same scramble city style. (Except Predaking)

Don't know if I would have ever guessed that :) haha Devastator is great. I remember the first time I saw them combine...I was like whattttttt they merge into an even bigger robot. That was awesome!!!

• Like 1

Hmm...when I was a kid, you enjoyed special status on the playground if you had any combiner sets. They were the coolest Transformers to have back in the day. I had Hook from the Constructicons, and that was about it. My brother had the Stunticons, and between the two of us we had three-fifths of Superion. (lol) I was lucky enough (and did alot of chores to pull it off) to complete Predaking and Computron, respectively. But for some reason I always wanted the Protectobots. They just felt like the most heroic team of Autobots to me...robots who could also act as first-responders and were actually equipped to save human lives...

I guess my favorite Combiners would have to be the Technobots. I just really like the futuristic designs of their alt. modes, and I always felt like they were the most interesting and diverse Combiner team there was.

All this talk of Combiners makes me wish they'd continue the Combiner Wars line and make the Terrorcons and Seacons.

The Aerialbots - I loved the way they were introduced in the G1 series to counter the Stunticons, and they were the first Autobot combiner team. They had decent character development at the end of season 2, right down to some of their individual flaws. Silverbolt being afraid of heights, and Optimus making him leader to help him overcome that was a nice touch.

My only disappointment was the size of the individual figures. I already had most of the seekers and the Aerialbots were scaled too small. I wanted the jet modes comparable to the seekers. They were still my favorite team combiner team though.

I guess my favorite Combiners would have to be the Technobots. I just really like the futuristic designs of their alt. modes, and I always felt like they were the most interesting and diverse Combiner team there was.

My favorite was Devastator but I never had any of those figs....I did have 3/5 of the Technobots & a kid at school had the other 2 robits....we actually put him together a few times but we weren't great friends so we never really played much after that...I dug Scattershot because he reminded me of some "deep space" ship destined for assisting lost Autobots adrift in the vastness of space...I had a backstory of the other robots using him as an vessel & when they would need to put the hurt on an alien or rogue decepticon they would merge together to put down an "Voltron-like" arse-wuppin on whoever stood in the way of robot justice......Computron was king only because he was the most complete combiner I owned....I even got "my buddy" to trade me one of his T-bots so eventually I had 4/5 of group....I think I used some other robot or ducktaped up an stand in leg for him....good times

I agree that Devastator is the most iconic... But I would say Bruticus is my fave. Followed closely by Menasor. Dead End is my favorite member of a combiner team.

My favorite was Devastator but I never had any of those figs....I did have 3/5 of the Technobots & a kid at school had the other 2 robits....we actually put him together a few times but we weren't great friends so we never really played much after that...I dug Scattershot because he reminded me of some "deep space" ship destined for assisting lost Autobots adrift in the vastness of space...I had a backstory of the other robots using him as an vessel & when they would need to put the hurt on an alien or rogue decepticon they would merge together to put down an "Voltron-like" arse-wuppin on whoever stood in the way of robot justice......Computron was king only because he was the most complete combiner I owned....I even got "my buddy" to trade me one of his T-bots so eventually I had 4/5 of group....I think I used some other robot or ducktaped up an stand in leg for him....good times

GD, I think we experienced very similar childhoods, you and I. That sounds very familiar... (lol)

I love your take on Scattershot. To me the unfamiliar futuristic designs we saw in the latter days of the line just seemed more interesting and mysterious to me, which...like with you, GD...just made my imagination run wild with some of the characters and vehicle designs. Like with Strafe...I always loved starship designs like he had that were unconventional. The original (as with the new Takara version) doesn't have the traditional canopy where the cockpit should be. It's as if he has an enclosed cockpit that perhaps takes advantage of some kind of heads-up screen or display instead of a transparent canopy like more familiar starship designs. And that would in turn make me imagine what that cockpit might look like. Sometimes it was the undefined, imaginary elements like that which made Transformers so much fun when I was growing up.

GD, I think we experienced very similar childhoods, you and I. That sounds very familiar... (lol)

I love your take on Scattershot. To me the unfamiliar futuristic designs we saw in the latter days of the line just seemed more interesting and mysterious to me, which...like with you, GD...just made my imagination run wild with some of the characters and vehicle designs. Like with Strafe...I always loved starship designs like he had that were unconventional. The original (as with the new Takara version) doesn't have the traditional canopy where the cockpit should be. It's as if he has an enclosed cockpit that perhaps takes advantage of some kind of heads-up screen or display instead of a transparent canopy like more familiar starship designs. And that would in turn make me imagine what that cockpit might look like. Sometimes it was the undefined, imaginary elements like that which made Transformers so much fun when I was growing up.

For a moment I felt like an Superhero getting the "we're not so unalike, you & I" speech....but I'm not tied to an impending launching rocket & my gf isn't tied up to a log slowly rolling down an assembly line headed for an giant table saw....I loved Strafe in the sense that he was very unconventional, I love the designs of the Ships in the old Battlestar Galactica & Buck Rogers shows....I had love for Star Wars ships but the T.V ships were awesome too....I always envisioned Strafe as Scattershot's champion attack ship.....like if the Sweeps were harassing Scattershot & he couldn't handle them all, Strafe would be released & take those chuckleheads out 123.....but Strafe's laser guns were always the 1st thing to get lost....if you lost those he just didn't look right....I thought that was a cool design at first but later it was one his greater con's of that fig....I love the smaller details on Scattershot...I don't have that fig anymore but I do seem to recall "molded turrets" on his hull & not to mention his "Main Cannon" feature...that would be the "death blast" to decepticons.....of course no one stayed dead in my little play stories...if TF's got taken out then they would be reprogrammed after they got back to base....either side....

Yes...I too loved Scattershot as a kid. His odd design and details always gave me the impression that he was a much bigger ship than his scale implied. The tiny cockpit window also indicated that to me. And maybe it's like you said GD...perhaps because of alot of movie and tv ships were massive back in the day, I used to like to pretend that different toys from any given line were like these huge ships like Star Trek ships, or the massive Battlestar Galactica ones, and then I'd imagine where all of the quarters were, the bridge, landing bays, etc.