The Rogue One Toys Thread

Wheeljack35

Went to a Walmart later and they had the new 4 inck Black figures (Imerial Guard was all they had left)

Yeah, the rerelease of the Vintage Collection version that I paid big bucks for in June. Can't wait to see him dangling from the pegs for a fraction of what I paid. I would say "lesson learned" but I already knew this about Star Wars. I'll just say "lesson reminded".

I read about a few people trying to buy R1 figures early and getting denied. I just didn't bother.

I was lucky enough to score a reasonable Rogue One haul late last week due to stores here in NZ really not knowing what they're doing about on shelf dates. Pretty cool once you leave aside the usual five points of articulation aspects - nicely sculpted and painted and give a real tease as to what might be in the movie. These toys actually got me more excited for Rogue One than TFA toys did for Ep VII - probably due to them playing off the nostalgia designs and everything. Looking forward to future waves being available - love me some cool new Imperials!

I woke up at 11:50 p.m. to wait for stuff to be released online at 12:01 a.m......the items were already up, I'm guessing they went up at 9 p.m. my time.....when I initially went on the TRU website, the countdown clock said 5 hours & counting down at 7 p.m. my time....so logically it would be 12 a.m. when they sold their items in my part of the country....silly me for not checking every hour....cause TRU.....soooo I went back to bed after 10 minutes......I have an Walmart near my work that opens at 6 a.m. (they used to be 24 hours but they've had numerous shootings there)....last year I went there at 6 a.m. & they had a huge display & plenty to go around.....there were at least 5 other "hunters" there & everyone was cordial & helpful....one of the guys even let me have one of his FA storm troopers.......this year.....small small display of Funko figs(still full) & Light sabers (still full).....12 or so 3.75 figs......2 lone 6" Finns still hanging on the pegs.....Me & one other collector spent a few minutes looking for the "real display".....the guy told me he had been in yesterday & the figs were out but they wouldn't sell them.....I hear other people buying stuff early so I had checked Monday & Wed....nadda.....So I'm thinking they sold the stuff yesterday night before closing.....I had to get to work at that point....."Pete" the invisible employee who's working the toy section never showed up(we asked if somebody was in the Toy section who could help us)....I said good luck to the other collector as he waited patiently & I chocked it up to once again Walmart not wanting my $$.....I'll look around this weekend....eventually those figs will fill the shelves just like the last Force Friday....FA StormTroopers are $13 on amazon now for example....Farce Friday indeed..... @duel@@

Farce Friday turned into Sith Saturday....kinda....I didn't find shiii all weekend....I didn't have time to drive around Friday cause of work & Saturday was spent moving furniture and other stuff that didn't involve toys...I had an $5 off coupon from Terget that was burning an hole in my pocket.....it expired on Sunday so I stopped by to see if they're was anything left...I was able to secure an 20" Death Trooper but that was it......they had one 6" Jyn & Blue Guy and that was it....plenty of Finns & Zuvios again...though I thought they clearanced those out... Walmart didn't have any thing left on the pegs but Finns...my TRU that I went & paid my "Lay-Away" at was bare bones.....they had nadda for any figs other than Zuvio & one Finn....I'm waiting anyway....I see myself buying at least 2 DT's that's about it....the 20" one looks kinda big standing next to my Bosk & Boba Fett though....

UPDATE: I just bit the bullet & ordered 1 DeathTrooper from Dorkside Toys...w/the shipping charge it was $25 so it wasn't too bad if I figured in Cost & Time hunting up an fig in the Brick & Motars.....So Force Monday it is.....

I haven't been out looking, I saw a few before they were supposed to be out, but I've been off work for 3 weeks, so I can't really spend the money on toys as it'll have to go to more important things for now... in about a month, when we're caught back up.. I promised my son we'd have our own force friday and go out and buy a bunch of crap, lol. I'll be sure to post what we get when we do.

I picked up the new droid, unmasked Kylo Ren, and a Deathtrooper. I figured all these figures would be gone, but I just happened to stop at a Walmart on my way home after work on Friday and found all of them. I didn't pick up Erso or Cassian as I don't know anything about them (trying not to spoil myself of any film details) and they don't look interesting enough on their own to warrant a buy.

The walmart here had a big center aisle display of all the new stuff. Didn't get any of it though. Not really interested in the toys for this movie.

Stopped at Toys R Us for my "break" today... they had like 20 new figures, everything else was the same, lol. Oh, besides the Big Figs... I kinda want the big 20" drkid. Bit we'll see... I'm guessing we'll go to other stores when we do our own Force Friday, as I feel TRU will be a let down, lol.

I gave up in disgust on Monday...I didn't find much IMO over the weekend....all I really wanted was my 2 front teef & 2 DeathTroopers.....I completed that online & I was goot....I can only imagine what the pegs are looking like now....just cause I'm not hunting & I'm broke they pegs are probably full up again.....but I have to say the 4 Wahmahts I went to didn't have the giant spaceship display or the huge displays w/Black Figs in them?....I've seen some pics online....I must frequent the WM's that don't care about Star Wars....* in my Kanye voice* ......*Walmart doesn't care about little plastic people* or the people who love them.....

Has anyone spotted the 6" Rogue One Shore Troopers yet? I heard they will be an Walmart/Ebay exclusive.....Walmart's insider collector employees are already counting the money their going to make scalping the Shiii out these new figs......when I was trying to find Deadpool BAF Juggy....the dudes at Target were literally shocked they missed that figure...between 2 employees convo that I was listening to there were at least 10 other employees who were collectors at that store alone....I draw my paranoid conclusions w/my tinfoil hat on all the time but I'm gonna say this is going to be like trying to find the "Shock Troopers"...I never even knew they existed till I saw them on another forum....never even saw them in an add or even mentioned by Walmart....