Toyline wishlist

Belmont13

Is there a property(movie, video game etc.) that you wish had gotten figures but never did or they got figures but it wasn't the scale/quality you expected?

For me it would have to be:

1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater: I absolutely love this video game, I have played it multiple times and never get tired of it. A highly articulated 6" line where we would get all the Cobras, Naked Snake(Big Boss) and the rest of the characters would be a dream come true. However after the whole Mcfarlane/Kojima disagreement, the Kojima/Konami "separation" and the fact that the video game came out ages ago this will remain wishful thinking.

2. Castlevania: This remains one of my all time favorite video game series with some spectacular character designs that would make for some awesome figures. NECA released some really great ones a few years back but were lacking in articulation, my ideal line would be something like what NECA did but more poseable and more characters. Another Pipe dream considering this franchise is basically dead.

3. Mass Effect: DC Direct made some ok ones, but the limited articulation and in some cases being preposed really hurt the line for me. I would love a full line with characters from all 3 games. Make them 6" with some decent articulation and I'm a happy camper with a new game on the horizon there still a faint chance.

Honorable mention: Knights of the Old Republic, I know we got some of these guys but if Hasbro made a line dedicated to this game with characters from both games and an Ebon Hawk around the time of the games well I would have taken out a loan just so I could get all of them.

I've been railing on this for years.....I would like to see an 6" line for the Nintendo Classics for Mike Tyson's Punch Out & Pro-Wrestling. I've seen customs online but that would be money in my opinion.....Castlevania would be awesome as well....

As far as movies-Mad Max-Fury Road & Road Warrior

Fifth Element

Blues Brothers-just Jake & Elwood & the blues mobile....

that's it for now...

I'm right with you guys on Castlevania, I looked into getting the older NECA ones... man are those expensive! I hope they're able to do the retro video game one. I'd love a Mike Tyson, I remember Randy saying he'd love to, but knows it'll never happen. Pro Wrestling too, I actually have some customs planned for them and Tyson, if I ever do them, that's another topic all its own, lol.

I'd love a better create-a-wrestler line. The WWE one was a nice start, but I think the themed stuff really hurt it. Kids want to make wrestlers, not zombies and spartans, lol.

I'd love for a classics type of line that made all those older "he-man bootleg" looking figures. Ones with animal heads, wrestlers, knights... maybe even some of the licensed lines that had similar figures like Rambo, etc... that'd be awesome, probably never happen, but still awesome.

I really wanted that 4" Lone Ranger line... I'm hoping Dime Novel Legends will help quench that thirst.

Oh man, Mad Max how I could I forget t Mad Max, I would love an action figure of Mad Max(the real one), with a shotgun and throw in the Pursuit Special/V8 Intercepetor to make it even better. I loved playing Punch Out as a kid , a line of figures would be interesting, I would also throw in Mega Man as a good candidate for a line of figures.

• Like 1

I'd like to see 3-3/4" lines for Star Trek and Firefly/Serenity, respectively, complete with vehicles and playsets. I know Funko has done some in their ReAction line, and I love those for what they are, but...I'd love to see a line of these that sports quality to rival that of Hasbro's Star Wars line at it's peak.

I'd also like to see the Four Horsemen do 6-inch lines for Silverhawks and Bionic Six.

• 2 years later...

At this point i admit i got a variety of characters I'd love to see them have an 6" action figure of their own, it might be hard for me to say who should make them like Neca, Hasbro or any other company but i can say the characters names and where are they from, some are just gonna have their names as they're titular characters, which I'll mention my 10 most wanted ones:

Alice Liddell from American McGee's Alice: so there is a diamond select figure out of her but i frankly don't like the headsculpt as it doesn't look anything like her at all.

Sir Daniel Fortesque from Medievil: it might be hard to make this figure unless I'm proven wrong somehow.

Jade from Mortal Kombat: I'd most likely go for her MK11 design since i love it.

Babydoll from Suckerpunch.

Chappie

Dawn from Total Drama

Princess Aurora/Briar Rose:... What? I can dream about that thought can't i?

Reaper from Overwatch: the main design that is since Hasbro only made his blackwatch outfit which i can wait for that figure to come. (Oh and that i can't get the Figma figure soooo yeh).

Doctor Strange (classic comic design): we just need one.

Kim from Edward Scissorhands: to be frank... I love her character, her beauty and, yeh i just really adore character to be frank, plus imma Winona Ryder fan.

I have more but these are my definite top 10 for now.

Edited by K9K1N6
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jakks Pacific's World of Nintendo line been just doing Super Mario Bros. figures (I guess they sold the best), but I would like they go back to doing figures based on other Nintendo games.

Also, I would like a line of Sonic the Hedgehog figures, while right now we only get statues and minimates.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DustyShelves said:

John Carpenter’s The Thing, including human characters.  It’s perfect for NECA, they really need to jump on it. 

Pop Culture Shock had a 7" line in the works a few years ago, and then...*poof*

I'd love to see some company take another pass at ML style Buffy the Vampire Slayer figures.

Yeah, I know Diamond did the Buffy/Angel Deluxe figures back in the day, but as we all know, when a company not known for articulation jumps into the deep waters of super articulation it usually isn't pretty. These were no different, suffering the same problems the early Funko Legacy and DCCs Batman the Animated Series figures did: POA constructed from shoddy, extremely brittle plastic and prone to breakage.

Worse, unlike the  Animated Batman line, the Buffy Deluxe line was so short lived they never got a chance to work the "kinks" out.

I'd like to see someone else give Firefly a shot. Funko was less than stellar. I'd love it if Hasbro did all 9 of the crew. I'm not asking for a Serenity playset though, that'd be way too big and out of my budget.

I know it's not super toyetic, but I think I'd enjoy having the Community cast, specially since many of them have cameoed in the MCU.

I'd also like someone (possibly NECA, but wouldn't mind if Hasbro did them since they've really been acing everything lately) did the original ID4 some justice. 

I'd also like some 6" Uncharted figures, not just the Nathan Drake, also an Elena, Sully, and Chloe. 

4 hours ago, memocromatico said:

I'd like to see someone else give Firefly a shot. Funko was less than stellar. I'd love it if Hasbro did all 9 of the crew. I'm not asking for a Serenity playset though, that'd be way too big and out of my budget.

I know it's not super toyetic, but I think I'd enjoy having the Community cast, specially since many of them have cameoed in the MCU.

I'd also like someone (possibly NECA, but wouldn't mind if Hasbro did them since they've really been acing everything lately) did the original ID4 some justice. 

I'd also like some 6" Uncharted figures, not just the Nathan Drake, also an Elena, Sully, and Chloe. 

I could see diamond Select do a firefly line, they often go back and do older brands like that

• 2 weeks later...

I want original Blade Runner figure series, as well as pink Joi hologram figure from 2049 (Maybe even 1/4 scale). Sadly, Neca did say they aren’t planing that so far. Next would be Twin Peaks figure series, Funko did do pretty nice 3 3/4 inch set but I would love 6-7 inch scale line. 

80B935F5-04E5-4284-98A3-814506D93F24.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I'd personally love a line based off the American Ninja movies.

Super-poseable figures of Michael Dudikoff, Steve James, Tadashi Yamashida, and or course, David Bradley from the later sequels. Ninja army-builders, soldier army builders . . . a cute little Judie Aronson figure, who wouldn't be into that?

• Like 1

Late night talk show hosts with playsets of their sets with the hosts table and guest seats. Sold separately buy attachable band areas.

Start with Johnny Carson, David Letterman, Jay Leno and Conan.  Plus Ed McMahon, Andy Richter and Paul Shaffer.

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2019 at 10:56 AM, mako said:

I'd personally love a line based off the American Ninja movies.

Super-poseable figures of Michael Dudikoff, Steve James, Tadashi Yamashida, and or course, David Bradley from the later sequels. Ninja army-builders, soldier army builders . . . a cute little Judie Aronson figure, who wouldn't be into that?

I would definitely be into that, my love for Ninjas and Martial Arts movies stems from growing up with those movies, they were awesome. It had everything Ninjas, swords, martial arts, U.S. Army soldiers shooting guns and kicking butt, basically everything you could want in an 80s action movie.

I'd love lines (or even a single "unified" line) for all of those great old Glenn Larson action/sci-fi shows from the 70s, 80s, and 90s: Battlestar Galactica (OG, not that Sy-Fy crap), Buck Rogers, Automan, Manimal, Knight Rider, and my personal favorite, Night Man.

Naturally, vehicles would be a MUST. Along with ML scale figures, we need AT LEAST: KITT, the Auto-Car, and Johnny Domino's Prowler.

• 7 months later...

Ok, i did replied to this topic once even making a list of the top 10 characters I'd likely wish they had such figure, but in all honesty i do like to talk about it since even then i want to share my own thoughts of which characters should have a 6 (or 7?) inch action figure.

So while i really can't think of many characters who I'd love to see action figures being made into, i had some interesting thoughts here and there:

Jill Valentine in her RE3 remake outfit or in her classic RE3 outfit: so Palisades made a vinyl figure statue? Moby Dick did a small poseable figure of her, but i do admit i would love to see a 6 inch figure out of this look, which i honestly didn't thought i would like her new RE3 design that much but i still prefer the good classic look i remember in my childhood when i played that game lol.

Nemesis from Resident Evil 3: speaking of Jill, of course i would like to see a big figure based on this scary mofo, plus it be interesting.

Scarlet Witch from Avengers: Age of Ultron: please don't hate me for liking this design, granted for some she looked like a "hot topic store costumer" but in all honesty i loved that design it is interesting for me.

An updated Heavy from Team Fortress 2: wait updated? yeah there is a Neca figure based on that character which most of it's joints were alright except for the hips, honestly they could improve that.

Ariel from The little mermaid: some may recall that in my previous post i did mentioned a Sleeping beauty figure, honestly i still would love to see that and i can dream about it, so it goes the same for the Ariel figure lol.

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2020 at 4:49 PM, K9K1N6 said:

Ok, i did replied to this topic once even making a list of the top 10 characters I'd likely wish they had such figure, but in all honesty i do like to talk about it since even then i want to share my own thoughts of which characters should have a 6 (or 7?) inch action figure.

So while i really can't think of many characters who I'd love to see action figures being made into, i had some interesting thoughts here and there:

Jill Valentine in her RE3 remake outfit or in her classic RE3 outfit: so Palisades made a vinyl figure statue? Moby Dick did a small poseable figure of her, but i do admit i would love to see a 6 inch figure out of this look, which i honestly didn't thought i would like her new RE3 design that much but i still prefer the good classic look i remember in my childhood when i played that game lol.

Nemesis from Resident Evil 3: speaking of Jill, of course i would like to see a big figure based on this scary mofo, plus it be interesting.

Scarlet Witch from Avengers: Age of Ultron: please don't hate me for liking this design, granted for some she looked like a "hot topic store costumer" but in all honesty i loved that design it is interesting for me.

An updated Heavy from Team Fortress 2: wait updated? yeah there is a Neca figure based on that character which most of it's joints were alright except for the hips, honestly they could improve that.

Ariel from The little mermaid: some may recall that in my previous post i did mentioned a Sleeping beauty figure, honestly i still would love to see that and i can dream about it, so it goes the same for the Ariel figure lol.

I would definitely be all in for a Resident Evil line. I would take the characters in all of their looks even the more realistic looks from the  remakes which I have been enjoying playing. I have some of the NECA figures released years ago but I would like more articulated ones.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I personally wish  we would get some Asterix figures either made by an American or Japanese toy company. I would kill for a Figuarts of Asterix and Obelix.  I'm not gonna hold my breath though. Asterix is pretty obscure outside of Europe. I know it has a small following in America, but I don't know if they even know what Asterix is in Japan

• Like 1

I just noticed that while I posted, I never actually weighed in here.  I've always wanted figures for the comic strip Get Fuzzy.  They don't even have to be well articulated, as long as they're a decent size and look like what they're supposed to...something like Mezco's old South Park or Family Guy figures would be great.