Now that Super7 will be taking over MOTU

SKYWARP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

God help me, I am considering jumping on board with these Super 7 MOTU figures. I didn't get any of the Mattel MOTUC figs, my buddy has a huge collection which I've always enjoyed looking at, so if I'm gonna bite it better be now.

Two questions, and I'm sorry if this has been answered, I didn't read this whole thread:

Where can they be preordered from? Anywhere?

How much per figure?

God help me, I am considering jumping on board with these Super 7 MOTU figures. I didn't get any of the Mattel MOTUC figs, my buddy has a huge collection which I've always enjoyed looking at, so if I'm gonna bite it better be now.

Two questions, and I'm sorry if this has been answered, I didn't read this whole thread:

Where can they be preordered from? Anywhere?

How much per figure?

Haha I'm with you there! The only difference being that I did collect MOTU figures in general but somehow I just never bought three of the core characters (Skeletor, He-Man and Teela specifically) because I could never decide which version I wanted. If anything, this is my biggest chance to get them with the exact mix of parts I had wanted to kitbash.

That said, so far though there doesn't seem to be any indication where we can order these. They've just put out preview pics of the first lineup so far.

I just don't know if I should take that plunge. I'd only get the main guys, a lot of the really obscure characters that made up the final runs of Mattel don't appeal to me at all. But dang, He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, etc...most with alternate heads. Tough to pass up.

For a guy who side-stepped Mattel's entire line, these look REAL good. But like some of you guys I'm withholding my gushing enthusiasm until I get some pricing, street date, and selling format info.

I've seen a lot of these smaller companies roll these big extravagant lines around the fan-boy circuit for years without actually releasing anything (yeah, I'm talking about you Shocker).

From what I've read, they will be in the Super7 store.

Right now, I only need Teela(but ill get He-Man and Skeletor too). My brother wants them all and I think another friend might get Ram Man and Teela, so that right there is awesome that we can finally fill some missing holes in our collections.

What's funny is I've had plans to get some cast heads and pieces for He-Man, Skeletor Beast Man, Teela & Trap-Jaw to make my own. I have He-Man, but I really love that head but can't afford to spend over $100 on the one that comes with the Barbarian He-Man (I forget his name). My Skeletor is from the SDCC set with the missing tooth, lol, I was planning on turning either my extra Mossman or getting the Cat guy and getting some cast heads and gear(or weapon pack gear) and making my own Beastman. My Teela is Battleground Teela, I had plans to get some traditional pieces from a castor and fix her and same with Trap-Jaw, get one of those cheap guys in a blue jumpsuit, get a cast head and arm and belt and make my own. Depending on how long it'll take to get to those, I may still do some... I'll wait to Toy Fair and see what they show.

• Like 1

Anything not involving "Digital Ripoff" is a winner in my opinion....depending on their purchase format...I'm gonna get Teela & Ramman...hopefully Fisto if they decide to remake him....He-man & Skelo are awesomeness but I already have them from the 1st time around....so much goodness on the horizon it seems...

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything more about their plans. I figured they would want to have these available to purchase by January.

Thank god I wasn't buying anything lately...I was barely able to secure Teela & Ram-man.....GoldBug these are pre-orders...my understanding is they're going to take orders & then make them...so it'll be a bit before we get our figs....which I'm fine with...I didn't have to pay $400 for Teela & Rammy.....I prefer the "orange" version over the green legs Rammy.....shipping was $12 for 2 figures....which is about right I feel....Super7 did release a statement saying they're still negotiating the shipping prices because they don't know what initial orders are going to be.....

• Like 1

They're $15 more than at Super7's store. What's the reason getting them there?

Woops silly me, didn't even check the prices at Super7's store. Though I guess in my case it's more out of convenience with how much I use BBTS's bulk shipping for a lot of figures I have on order.

Thank god I wasn't buying anything lately...I was barely able to secure Teela & Ram-man.....GoldBug these are pre-orders...my understanding is they're going to take orders & then make them...so it'll be a bit before we get our figs....which I'm fine with...I didn't have to pay $400 for Teela & Rammy.....I prefer the "orange" version over the green legs Rammy.....shipping was $12 for 2 figures....which is about right I feel....Super7 did release a statement saying they're still negotiating the shipping prices because they don't know what initial orders are going to be.....

From my understanding that is for international shipping where their quotes were outrageous.

They're $15 more than at Super7's store. What's the reason getting them there?

Woops silly me, didn't even check the prices at Super7's store. Though I guess in my case it's more out of convenience with how much I use BBTS's bulk shipping for a lot of figures I have on order.

I do the same with BigBad using their Pile of Loot option, but that $15 markup is pretty tough.

From my understanding that is for international shipping where their quotes were outrageous.

Yeah unfortunately for now International Rates are too much....Super 7 did release an statement that says as the 2 week pre-order process is on-going they're trying to renegotiate those rates to be reduced....I'm sorry for the out of country crowd (seems they always get shafted) on the current prices...I was lurking on the He-man forums & everyone is up in arms on the rates except the inside the US crowd.....I'm still happy that I got an Teela & Rammy for way less than Evilbay prices...& maybe more to come that I missed....I do need a Fisto & Roboto as well....I guess people are still burned out from the previous dealings w/MattyCo......I was literally having an Nerdgasm that I my cart wasn't empty by time I was checking out...I'm glad Scalpers are losing this round....I never thought I'd ever see Teela or Rammy w/a decent price tag attached anytime soon...once again I'm very satisfied for once...I was one of those guys that missed out, time & time again on the Day of Sales for Matty....so I'm very pleased by this Pre-Order model.....

• 3 weeks later...

I preordered all five and got an extra Faker, too. I've really slowed down over the years with MOTUC, but every now and then the urge hits, and these were way too cool to pass up.

I'm torn with what to do with these. My preference is usually to open my figures, but I also have the 8-back characters and a few favorites MOC. These will feature resealable packaging, which is really neat, so that gives me options.