What do you collect?

Devastator_2000

What Transformers line or lines do you collect or want to collect?

I had been collecting G1, Masterpiece, Combiner Wars and Titans Returns. Now my focus is strictly on Masterpiece and 3rd Party Transformers, with the occasional G1 when I can get a good price.

Mostly now I have almost abandond the deluxe line.I go for mostly legends size ,minicons,spy changer and micrmasters.LOL Like Micromasters they were shrunk to sane on energon with me its cheaper and easier to display

I have a box full of Mini-cons from the days of Armada/Energon/Cybertron. I also have a ton of Spychangers from the days of RID (2001).

• Like 1

Mostly now I have almost abandond the deluxe line.I go for mostly legends size ,minicons,spy changer and micrmasters.LOL Like Micromasters they were shrunk to sane on energon with me its cheaper and easier to display

I have a box full of Mini-cons from the days of Armada/Energon/Cybertron. I also have a ton of Spychangers from the days of RID (2001).

They are really easy to display with Metroplex and soon Fort Max too

You can also display a lot of them in a small space.

I was actually thinking about doing that WJ. Mostly Legends scale and then larger ones for the larger figures... but still, a lot are out of scale anyway... :(

I mainly try to collect what I had as a kid, but modern versions. I'm trying to limit myself to just one shelf for TFs, mainly because I collect so many other lines... but I haven't really gone through the stuff I've bought over the last few years, so I might be up to 2 shelves, lol. I gotta get my toy room in order so I'm not just buying and then throwing them in a bin/box.

I'm collecting the MP's from TRU...haven't tried the Takara models just yet....I pickup an occasional familiar robot face when I like the re-hash of the original fig....I got Sky Lynx some time ago...from the Combiners line.....wish they were cheaper on prices cause I passed on most of everything....I just didn't care for some of the rehashes of the figs...like MotorMaster is all wrong for me....I saw him at Ross over the weekend for $14 buxx.....I left him cause I don't like the mold....

I'm collecting the MP's from TRU...haven't tried the Takara models just yet....I pickup an occasional familiar robot face when I like the re-hash of the original fig....I got Sky Lynx some time ago...from the Combiners line.....wish they were cheaper on prices cause I passed on most of everything....I just didn't care for some of the rehashes of the figs...like MotorMaster is all wrong for me....I saw him at Ross over the weekend for $14 buxx.....I left him cause I don't like the mold....

Damn $14??

You can also display a lot of them in a small space.

I got most of mine set up in small diaramas

Damn $14??

My son and I saw Onslaught there too, I swear it was even cheaper.

For collecting, I buy Masterpiece, any modernized G1 figures like TF Unite or Titans Return (be it Takara or Hasbro), and 3rd party G1 characters that are obscure to only the Japanese cartoons or IDW comics despite having a recent official figure. For example, Impactor.

I used to collect every TF line Hasbro put out, but lately, I'm just going with MPs (most of them) and the Generations/Combiner Wars/Titans Return stuff.

Extreme lack of shelf space is the culprit.

I used to collect every TF line Hasbro put out

I used to do that as well. Space and cost made me go with G1, MP and 3rd party only. Cost in that I was buying everything, now only 3 lines.

Only 3 lines, but it's the 3 most expensive ones ;)

Hopefully you still end up saving some money!

I used to do that as well. Space and cost made me go with G1, MP and 3rd party only. Cost in that I was buying everything, now only 3 lines.

Setting a monthly budget helped the most. Space still sucks, but thats because I have so many at this point.

I collect the Masterpiece stuff when I can afford it. I like the occasional movie-based figure if it's done well, and I also collect the Generations-type stuff...basically I like anything that invokes the films or G1 styles and motifs. And I tend to like the Takara/Tomy stuff better nine times out of ten...I'm just a stickler for some of the more accurate paint apps they sport, but I'll pick and choose between them and the Hasbro figures just to get the one I like the best. I guess you could say I have an eclectic but limited collection. I like the mix-and-match nature of cherry-picking amongst the characters and lines that appeal to me for whatever reason instead of feeling the urge to have complete collections like I used to. Nowdays I just get what I like, and I don't feel the need to get them all, as it were, and I think my hobby is much more healthy, manageable, and ultimately more enjoyable than it has been in the past.

Setting a monthly budget helped the most. Space still sucks, but thats because I have so many at this point.

agreed. However, it's not easy sometimes setting a monthly budget with pre-orders. Especially importing the japanese MPs that need to be pre-ordered like 3 or 4 months ahead of time.

Yeah... I also hate when companies throw out some curve balls that you weren't expecting... looking at you NECA... Ramen week, here I come!

Seems like NECA and Mezco are pretty good at doing that these days.