Kickstarter and action figures

GPM in ICT

I was just wondering what people thought about using Kickstarteer to get toys made. I've seen some lines I really wanted to back in the pas like Marauder Task Force, Maruader Valkyries, Vitruvian HACKS and Action Man. With Eagle Force going on right now and the upcoming Dime Novel Legends I would say it's a 4" collecters dream. I've bought some of the Task Force figures post Kickstarter and will buy some Valkyries when they come out. HACKS look nice, I'm just not sure how they would fit in with my collection. I wanted to support ACtion Man, but thinngs came up and right now I'm torn between supporting Eagle force or getting me a 4K TV. Dime Novel Legends look really cool, but like HACKS I'm not sure where I would fit them in.

With Eagle Force I just might wait and (like Marauder Task Force) buy them when they are available for an online retailer.

So has anyone else bought any of these figures or supported a Kickstarter fund (one that made it or failed). Just wondering about what people thought. Sems like Kickstarter , or the like, is a nice idea for getting projects off the ground.

I love the idea and so far have supported Marauder's and HACKS. I wanted to go in on the Mythic Legions, but I was afraid I'd go down a rabbit hole I just couldn't afford. Same with the Articulated Icons, I think the main reason it was easy for me to say no to those was the 6" scale... I have a couple Valkyries coming from a friend that went in on the kickstarter... I really like Marauder's stuff, so I'm sure I'll be happy with those.

I love... LOVE the V. HACKS! I went all in, I added some armies and I bought a local guy's stash that needed some money... and I wish I had more, lol. Of course, I still need to set them up, but I have soooooo many ideas for them.

I never had a connection to Action Man or Eagle Force.. but I might go for a figure or 2.. nothing major with them though. I can't wait for the Dime Novel Legends though. A friend and I want to go all in, but it might be hard sharing some of those, so depending on how funds are.. I might have to go all in on my own, lol.

I forget the Monkey one.. I wanted that one to get funded... I mean, who doesn't want 4" MONKEYS!?!?!? That was too bad. I also didn't get in on the girl one, I forget the name, they seemed too plain to me, but I wish the people behind the idea and the brand all the best.

I'm the opposite of you Joe, I went all in on Mythic Legions, the Gothitropolis Ravens, and Articulated Icons Feudal Ninjas because they're in a 6" scale. I'd also have been all in for Vitruvian HACKS if they had been 6", but alas they aren't. I also picked up a couple of those raptors from that Beasts of the Mesozoic Kickstarter because they'll go perfect with a 6" display (even though they're scaled for 12" figures).

I haven't had any issues with any of the Kickstarter lines I've backed, but so far they've been by the Four Horsemen and we all know they're legit in this business. We'll see how the Articulated Icons Kickstarter does when they send out figures, but so far I don't have anything to worry about.

I wish I could add Articulated Icons to my line...those 6" figs look fuggen tasteeee......the Vitruvian Hacks is pretty cool as well...but I'm w/you BB84....if they were 6" scale I would be in....we live in an wonderful time for collecting....I don't know which company is starting it but I saw on another board that "they're" doing "Cowboy & Outlaw" themed 4" scale figs.....wouldn't mind getting an Wyatt, Virgil & Doc for my Joe lineup...

I funded quite a bit of Kickstarters projects from the Leisure Suit Larry Remake (sadly that is likely the last Larry game ever produced) to Shenmue 3. As for figures, I kickstarted 3 miniatures, which are Conan, IDW's TMNT series, and Dark Souls. For the most part, I didn't get screwed on any of my pledges (I am not counting Mighty No. 9 since that game was released), though I have read horror stories of people being screwed over. such kickstarter projects tend to be videogame projects lead by a team that has little experience in releasing a commercial game.

• 4 weeks later...

Supported Gothitropolis myself and felt satisfied with the experience. Really I think it just depends on how trustworthy the people behind them are and it's best to research them first before diving into one. That said, I'm definitely excited for the upcoming Raptors from the Beasts of the Mesozoic Kickstarter (I'm picking up the Velociraptor, Balaur, and Dromaeosaurus), especially since I've been wanting proper Raptors that can go well with 6" figures, and as a bonus, they're feathered Raptors at that.

post-42454-0-28553500-1475200073_thumb.png

post-42454-0-46882700-1475200083_thumb.png

post-42454-0-45357000-1475200090_thumb.png