Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toy talk

yojoebro82

Oooooooooohhh, Cowabunga... Yeah!

Pixel Dan hinted that he got to see wave two at SDCC and it sounds like we're getting Leo as the Ultimate Warrior.

All things considered, I'd rather get Leo as . . . Leo. Or even better a 1/12th scale Shredder.

I was at Walmart and they had the exclusive Ninja Turtles, it was the fist time since they came out that I saw all four together. I grabbed them all and put them in layaway, I know it's not ideal but I didn't want to keep passing on them.

• 1 year later...

I was at Walmart looking for movie Aquaman figures (bust!) and saw all of the new Rise of TMNT figures out.  They had all of the four Turtles, but no supporting characters.

Wow, these things are an eyesore.  Terrible designs and terrible toys.

I'm fully aware that I'm just one old dude who remembers "his Turtles" from the early 90's".  I know that these are not being marketed toward me but to kids (rightfully so).  I know that they are the target audience and that they (not me) are what will keep this franchise going for another 20-30 years.  I know that the franchise has to change/evolve all the time to keep it fresh and vital and selling.  I accept and agree with all of that.

I just needed to vent that opinion one time.  Now I'm done.  Until next time, TMNT.  Catch you on your next incarnation.  

3 hours ago, yojoebro82 said:

I was at Walmart looking for movie Aquaman figures (bust!) and saw all of the new Rise of TMNT figures out.  They had all of the four Turtles, but no supporting characters.

Wow, these things are an eyesore.  Terrible designs and terrible toys.

I'm fully aware that I'm just one old dude who remembers "his Turtles" from the early 90's".  I know that these are not being marketed toward me but to kids (rightfully so).  I know that they are the target audience and that they (not me) are what will keep this franchise going for another 20-30 years.  I know that the franchise has to change/evolve all the time to keep it fresh and vital and selling.  I accept and agree with all of that.

I just needed to vent that opinion one time.  Now I'm done.  Until next time, TMNT.  Catch you on your next incarnation.  

I've been hitting the local Walgreens looking for The Thing, also with no luck (guess neither of us can catch a break), but I've run into a few Turtles figures. Haven't bought any yet, the new designs are crap, but I like the continuing trend of upping the articulation.

• 7 months later...

Well, I found the Neca Michelangelo vs. Foot Soldier and Raphael vs. Footsoldier packs at my local Target last week, and my Donatello vs. Krang set should be here Thursday. My Leo vs. Shredder set SHOULD HAVE been here today.

Unfortunately, despite what the USPSs own tracking info told me, instead of leaving Sacramento California early yesterday morning, on it's way to me in Arkansas, it apparently bounced around town for eight hours before arriving at ANOTHER Sacramento post office . . . which it didn't even leave till this afternoon around 5:30 pm!

I realize working for the postal service is a tough job, and they deserve our respect and support, just as we deserve for them NOT to hire stupid people who don't know the difference between their own state and friggin' Arkansas!

Seriously, we gotta crack that transporter technology thing.

EDIT: That's right, my package was originally mailed from Denver, Colorado. That means, to get lost in Sacramento, California for an entire day, the post office LITERALLY had to send the bloody thing as far in the opposite direction from where it should have been sent as you can get without leaving the country.

At this point, I'm gonna take back that "respect and support" thing.

Good News! My Donatello vs. Krang set is listed as "Out for Delivery!"

My Leo vs. Shredder pack was delvered yesterday. Unfortunately, it was delivered to someone in Stockton, California. I've heard of mail being delivered to the wrong address by mistake, but the wrong time zone!?!

• 1 month later...

In regards to the new TMNT set from Neca coming at sdcc2019, I'm already eager to see which figures they will be making with Secret of the Ooze (besides the turtles of course).

Only thing I wanna see come outta Neca at SDCC (besides a concrete Series 2 for the Animated TMNT figures) is an April O'Neil for said series. Of course, I wouldn't say no to a movie April (Hoag OR Turco) either.

I'm also hoping for a Casey Jones movie character as well. April would be just as great, but it all starts with the licensing as well as the actor/actresses permission. I hope they make them because I'm sure TMNT fans would appreciate it a lot.