Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toy talk

yojoebro82

I just noticed that TMNT forum is gone too. I guess that surprises me that we still have GI Joe but not TMNT since the volume of TMNT figures being produced is about 100 times that of GI Joe. Not that I'm complaining because I love GI Joe....

ANYWAY:

I saw movie Casey Jones with removable mask today and had to pick him up. I'm pretty surprised by how decent the likeness is (not spot on, of course, but good for Playmates). You can also have him wearing his mask down or up over his head which is a neat touch. Unfortunately his hockey stick is made of rubber (?)

Any retail toy maker not currently cutting corners in some way, raise your hand.

Been meaning to get a set of Ninja Turtle figures for my collection, maybe put them with my Marvel Legends Daredevil and have the Turtles with their "inspiration". Thing is I wouldn't know which ones to get I'm a big fan of the first animated series and the first movies so they would have to be based on those. Problem is they tend to be a bit pricey I just might pick up the new Walmart Exclusive ones since they are still $19.99.

haha... I went to Walmart to get a couple things and... they had them, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I want them all.. but can't shell out $80 right now. I might try to get one a week, here's hoping more WMs around me got them so I can do that in the next month or so(hmmm... I better start now before the holiday craze starts).

Well, I sprung for all 4 SOTO Turtles yesterday as an "end of summer" gift to myself and turned a $20 Walmart run into a $100 splurge. (I went there looking for the exclusive Civil Wars figures that have been reported in my area but no dice on those). I justified buying them by telling myself that if I did, I would go the whole year not buying the over priced and unappetizing lunches served at my work. I'm waiting til Friday to open them as a "good job on a week's worth of hard work" present to myself.

That Eastman and Laird bad guys set sure would look good with the Neca turtles I bought a while back too.

• Like 1

As much as I love the SOTO Turtles, all this talk of 1/12th TMNT makes me appreciate the CGI movie line even more. It really had all I could ever want in a line: fully articulated, 6" scale, all main characters represented, vehicles, playsets, and a just under $10 dollar price tag.

Good Times.

I cheated and opened my soto Leonardo two days before planned. Really pretty impress with it so far. These are the first time I bought 6" Turtles, I passed on the previous "Classics" figures and since you get so much more variety of accessories, I'm happy I did. I may have a tough time putting these down.

I wish Playmates had been serious about this line and made movie versions of Shredder, Splinter, and Casey from the first film.

Shredder and Splinter are a must in any TMNT collection, I would love a Casey Jones with lots of accessories and based on the first movie not the walking, talking Gap mannequin from the latest one.

I bought the "classics" line when they were out for 5 minutes at TRU...Jebus those figs were hard to find....& then I bought Rocksteady & Bebop & found out those figs were actually made by Rocksteady & Bebop cause their damned legs were backwards...still haven't fixed those yet....& then the line petered out so to speak....No fuggen Shred-head, No Splinter, No Casey, No fuggen Ziti either......it was a cool line but I should've waited....I'm passing on the Walmart figs but with an heavy heart...if I see them on clearance they're mine though.....

• 4 weeks later...

TMNT is having a banner year in toys.

You got the nick cartoon line from Playmates going strong. You got NECA dropping both the SDCC exclusive Konami arcade figures and 1st live action movie figs, SH Figuarts released their cartoon accurate figures, and soon, DreamEX will be dropping their awesome versions next year.

Okay, I'll admit it . . .

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=15&itemid=27423

Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it IS one more tentative step closer to a mainstream 1/12th scale TMNT line.

The fist time I saw those I didn't read the headline and just focused on the packaging which is very similar to the current Walmart exclusive movie Turtles and for a second thought we were getting more movie characters and then saw what it was and thought: meh.