September 2016 Toy Hauls

Wheeljack35

I just sold a fortune in CDs, so I'm in a position to make a major purchase, which I haven't been able to do in a looong time. I'm on the fence on whether or not to get the Titans Return stuff I'm wanting badly, or to catch up a little on my laughable Masterpiece collection. (lol)

I have a very cool/funny/possibly-sad haul story for you all...

Yesterday I was out-and-about shopping with my wife...we both work in the school system, and we got off early half-a-day for the local high school homecoming parade. So we headed out-of-town to shop...I decided I'd sell some of my older figures to be able to afford some of the Titans Return stuff. I'm in the throes of a Transformers obsession currently, so I'm trying to get my hands on whatever I can. Well, I just knew I had some good stuff to sell at this local used book/CD/DVD/collectibles store that buys stuff from me from time to time, so that was the plan. We went out to eat, and afterwards I thought I'd check out a few stores before I went to sell my stuff. I found this new hole-in-the-wall store near a ROSS and TJ Maxx store I frequent, and I wanted to stop by them as well since people have been reporting finding Combiner Wars stuff...it wouldn't hurt to see if they had Skylinx, right?

Well, I went into ROSS, and lo and behold I did indeed find a lone CW Motormaster. I never owned the original Stunticons, although my little brother did, and I always did like the juxtaposition of the Autobots having a team of flying combiners, and the Decepticons having a team of automobile-themed ones back in the day. Even as a kid I thought it was brilliant on the part of Hasbro/Takara. I actually had Slingshot as a kid, and my brother had a few of them as well, but I don't remember that we ever completed Superion, but I digress...

I had been intrigued recently by the chance to have cool modern versions of old combiner figures, I guess I just couldn't afford them all, and when I could, I was always more caught up in the Force Awakens stuff that was coming out and competing for shelf-space at the time. So I kinda missed-out on the Combiner Wars stuff, and I had even made a mental note the other day about how far behind I now was in getting any of them...

So I snapped Motormaster up. I was always intrigued by the character, which was essentially a Nemesis Prime-type of character before there ever was such a thing. And in my excitement of finding CW stuff, I took a look at TJ Maxx that was next door...

I made my way over to the toy section, and there they were...Combiner Wars figures. I even found an empty case sitting on the bottom shelf as if someone had just put them all out. Confident that I was gonna make enough money to cover my CW find, I snagged each and every figure I found. They had Optimus Prime (white), Smokescreen, Wheeljack, Ironhide, Mirage, Trailbreaker, Sunstreaker, Hound, Swindle, Brawl, Vortex, and Blast Off. I never find a deal like that, ever. I was so excited. It was as if preparation and opportunity had met for me, finally. (lol)

So I get to the used book store, and they've been pretty-good to me in the past about giving me some decent prices on stuff I've sold...but not this time. I basically had about $250.00-$300.00 worth of collectible figures, and they offered me...$80.00. I laughed and asked them to get my boxes, and they only brought back one. I asked for the second box, paranoid that they were attempting to rip me off even more...

I had to return home with my old figures I hadn't sold, and in addition I had about $150.00 worth of Transformers I really couldn't afford. (lol) I put my older figures up on eBay last night in a desperate attempt to avoid taking my Combiner Wars figures back. (I already opened my Motormaster, so I guess I have to keep him...) (lol)

Well, even if I have to return them...wasn't that a great find and a great haul, no matter how temporary? (lol)

• Like 2

I have a very cool/funny/possibly-sad haul story for you all...

Yesterday I was out-and-about shopping with my wife...we both work in the school system, and we got off early half-a-day for the local high school homecoming parade. So we headed out-of-town to shop...I decided I'd sell some of my older figures to be able to afford some of the Titans Return stuff. I'm in the throes of a Transformers obsession currently, so I'm trying to get my hands on whatever I can. Well, I just knew I had some good stuff to sell at this local used book/CD/DVD/collectibles store that buys stuff from me from time to time, so that was the plan. We went out to eat, and afterwards I thought I'd check out a few stores before I went to sell my stuff. I found this new hole-in-the-wall store near a ROSS and TJ Maxx store I frequent, and I wanted to stop by them as well since people have been reporting finding Combiner Wars stuff...it wouldn't hurt to see if they had Skylinx, right?

Well, I went into ROSS, and lo and behold I did indeed find a lone CW Motormaster. I never owned the original Stunticons, although my little brother did, and I always did like the juxtaposition of the Autobots having a team of flying combiners, and the Decepticons having a team of automobile-themed ones back in the day. Even as a kid I thought it was brilliant on the part of Hasbro/Takara. I actually had Slingshot as a kid, and my brother had a few of them as well, but I don't remember that we ever completed Superion, but I digress...

I had been intrigued recently by the chance to have cool modern versions of old combiner figures, I guess I just couldn't afford them all, and when I could, I was always more caught up in the Force Awakens stuff that was coming out and competing for shelf-space at the time. So I kinda missed-out on the Combiner Wars stuff, and I had even made a mental note the other day about how far behind I now was in getting any of them...

So I snapped Motormaster up. I was always intrigued by the character, which was essentially a Nemesis Prime-type of character before there ever was such a thing. And in my excitement of finding CW stuff, I took a look at TJ Maxx that was next door...

I made my way over to the toy section, and there they were...Combiner Wars figures. I even found an empty case sitting on the bottom shelf as if someone had just put them all out. Confident that I was gonna make enough money to cover my CW find, I snagged each and every figure I found. They had Optimus Prime (white), Smokescreen, Wheeljack, Ironhide, Mirage, Trailbreaker, Sunstreaker, Hound, Swindle, Brawl, Vortex, and Blast Off. I never find a deal like that, ever. I was so excited. It was as if preparation and opportunity had met for me, finally. (lol)

So I get to the used book store, and they've been pretty-good to me in the past about giving me some decent prices on stuff I've sold...but not this time. I basically had about $250.00-$300.00 worth of collectible figures, and they offered me...$80.00. I laughed and asked them to get my boxes, and they only brought back one. I asked for the second box, paranoid that they were attempting to rip me off even more...

I had to return home with my old figures I hadn't sold, and in addition I had about $150.00 worth of Transformers I really couldn't afford. (lol) I put my older figures up on eBay last night in a desperate attempt to avoid taking my Combiner Wars figures back. (I already opened my Motormaster, so I guess I have to keep him...) (lol)

Well, even if I have to return them...wasn't that a great find and a great haul, no matter how temporary? (lol)

Did they find the other box if your stuff? I was waiting for the, "they couldn't find them so they offered me $200" happy ending... :(

I found Chromedome at Walgreens and here is how I displayed Fort Max

14222346_10210433483217927_2600933058842

fortmax_zpsplfx2ggi.jpg

How much were they at your Walgreens? I was going to get one and they rang up $20. I got Chrome Dome at another one a week or so ago and he didn't ring up and they asked me and I told them there wasn't a tag but they usually cost between 10 and 15 at other stores so the lady put it in for $12, lol.

That's awesome, but somehow when I see anyone mentioning KFC toys, I immediately crave fried chicken... (lol)

Well, I get to keep my Combiner Wars figures I found (Yay!). I sold just enough to cover it. I also got my BBTS order in the mail. I scored a long-awaited Takara Legends Jetfire I've been wanting for absolutely ever. I also scored a 2014 Thrilling Thirty case of figures that came with two Roadbusters (a G1 character I always wanted as a kid), "Autobot Springer", and Skybite...a figure I have no emotional or sentimental reaction to, but I find myself loving it in spite of it all. (lol) I also snagged a Generations Nightbeat. I was just in the mood to acquire some G1-esque figures (minus Skybite) that I had put-off getting (or re-buying, as was the case with Springer and Nightbeat) for awhile now.

20160917_193827-1_zpskvrgmyhf.jpg

My comic shop finally got these in we ordered waaaaaaaaay back in May I believe. Picked one up for my son's B-day tomorrow and my brother originally wanted one and now he doesnt, so it's up for grabs, check my post in the B/S/T thread.

I scored Hound, Trailbreaker and Smokescreen for cheap at TJ Maxx/Marshalls. They had Motormaster, white Prime, Onslaught and Scattershot as well! But my Sept highlight was finally getting a Legends Deadpool at Target last night!

Found this at WG's...I didn't pick him up but it's good to see new stuff on the pegs....

20160920_174233_zpszs8z6frz.jpg

they had a bunch of the TF movie toys as well....they need to clear those out....smh

Funny I just found him today and snagged him.Now I need Weird Wolf and Brainstorm

DB-I've really gotta stop reading all this...haha...I've picked up SkyLynx & that's it so far....I'm knee deep in other stuff...a buddy of mine tried to take some of his stuff to an "super store" & they all seem to want your stuff for free....I would estimate he had about $100 buxx easily of stuff & I was low-balling a few items...they wanted to give him $25 in cash... or an hairless barbie, half of bag of cheetos & some used candles...he took the store credit & got $50....he didn't want to ebay it...I've only bought from ebay...I sold stuff through a couple of friends of mine along time ago, I guess I'm going to try & put some stuff up next month, I want to get an a few of the other MP's....I want to get WheelJack, Hound, Megatron for now...I need a Jazz when he comes out too....