Who has GI Joe Hot Toys/Sideshow?

yojoebro82

Baroness was my first ever premium format figure and I love her! Amazing detail in the costume, a head sculpt that captures the character perfectly. She has a prime spot in my GI Joe display. I really wish they hadn't stopped doing GI Joe because getting some more females in the roster would have been great.

Recently I've had my eye on Hot Toys Retaliation Roadblock. Sub-par movie, but I like the Rock as a wrestler, as an action hero, and as Roadblock. I know some complain about the body being too skinny but I don't think it is. And from the reviews I'm watching, he appears to have all the detail you could ask for. Does anyone have this guy to give some feedback on?

Also, my LCS currently has some Sideshow Joes at pretty decent prices. Duke, Flint, Stalker, Rock and Roll, Hawk, to name a few. If anyone has some input on those, chime in!

Sometimes I'm an idiot....a few years back, I was up in Flagstaff picking up my aunt from the train station.....my lil sis was w/me & she asked me if I wanted to hunt "joezles" while we were up there soooo....we went a few hours early so I could hit the Walmart & Terget & other places.....we found an Hastings (now going out of business Hastings.) Amongst the pile of cool stuff they had an "Storm Shadow" for an $100!.....Like an idiot I passed on it....very fuggen cool toy all around......I wished I had never passed on it.....still regretting it....great figs & truly pieces of art....

I'd love to have some of them, but I could never seem to pull the trigger on them whenever I had the available funds. They've done some great characters, but there were so many more I would have liked to see made. I think Gung Ho would have been a fantastic addition to the line.

I've got the first Snake Eyes and regular Beach Head. Both are great, but the SE is a skinnier body than I'd like, and he's old enough now that the elastic in his straps is loose from age. Beach Head is flawless and one of my favorite Joe related items I own.

All that being said, I wouldn't trade them. I have no compunction to buy more, but a coupe certainly fit in my collection nicely. Now if I could help my buddy sell all his COBRA Sideshow guys, I might score a freebie our of that, and that price is always right.

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up late & didn't really make it to too many garage sales before it got too late....I was out looking for Transformers the 30th ann edition...if your in the Phx area....Zia Exchange has em....$20 for the Bluray & DHD version too...Walmart, Target & Best Buy didn't have copies in stock....so this place Zia is kinda like a smaller version of Hastings.... & there are others here in the valley kinda like it, there's FYE & Bookmans, they sell pop culture stuff, books, toys, music ect....new & used DVD's....this store just opened 2 weeks ago...they're overpriced on some items but if you dig around they have decent deals...CROOOOOMM!!....I thought I spotted the familiar G.I Joe graphics from behind an Spiderman picture...just for fun I asked the dude, how much & can I hold the box.....of course I knew it was expensive so I braced for the sticker shock...I loved the Cobra Viper from back in the day....they were the faceless Legion of Cobra fanatics that were better trained & much more hungrier on the battlefield....

20160917_142906_zpsmn0g91nb.jpg

I made the mistake of putting Storm Shadow back at Hastings a few years back....this would be my first Sideshow piece....I thought along time about it...I think they thought I was going to make an break for it....haha...the price was killing me....I thought it was a great deal....It was used & had been opened...but still looked solid....nothing missing & everything in order...

20160917_142414_zps33s9lsw5.jpg

I think I'm going to sell my plasma on Monday....I couldn't leave him there....leave no man behind...

Here's more of the goodness....I hate to think that I've opened some sort of door that I can't go back from haha....I'm already looking for a side arm for him...this particular fig doesn't have that....

IMG_20160917_143310_zpsbs5j2o1b.jpg

I gotta go do grown up stuff right now so I'm going to probably going to call him to formation after dinner....

IMG_20160917_143242_zpsayvbnrfh.jpg

I hurried to take these shots so I apologize for the crapiness of them

IMG_20160917_143416_zpsyi8xzied.jpg

Jebus he's even got Nalgeen water bottles?....or maybe some Viperade..

YJB...I was on ebay earlier, the 1/6 Zartan looks badarse....they all do....wish I could afford that Beach-head & Stalker....but the cake would be The Baroness...I think you said you had that fig.....she's awesome man.....Baron Blood looks spot on too....

YJB...I was on ebay earlier, the 1/6 Zartan looks badarse....they all do....wish I could afford that Beach-head & Stalker....but the cake would be The Baroness...I think you said you had that fig.....she's awesome man.....Baron Blood looks spot on too....

I do have the Baroness and I would highly recommend her. I have the version with two different heads but I pose her with the standard one anyway. Still good to have options.

I've looked at these a few times and thought hard about that viper before, but I just never had the funds to pull the trigger.

I kinda look at like I'm buying an whole wave of BAF figs(which can be anywhere from $120 on up for 5 to 6 figs if you don't buy them on sale)....one they "released" this Viper way back when I thought it was coolio....while I can't afford the $200 stuff, the figs that are just over $100 are in an do-able price range for me sometimes....once again I just remember I passed on Storm Shadow & I still kick myself for passing on him at a decent price.....I'm not going to lie I've been hunting Evilbay for other lower priced figs....I was telling my gf if I could sell off a good portion of my "collection" I could probably afford at least a few of the Sideshows & HotToys joes....but that's pipedream at this point....it's an awesome fig though...I have him on my nightstand by my bed....