The Top 10 G.I. Joe Figures From 1982 - Present

JayC

Yes! Fun new GI Joe content. Whether or not I agree with any Top 10 doesn't matter. It's fun seeing who makes the cut.

That first Zartan figure is so much fun and that Hot Toys Roadblock has been on my radar for a while. I also agree with the POC Lowlight and just about all the SE and SS figures on there.

I would have to make room for a Baroness figure on there somewhere. Either the vintage v1 (still the best 3.75" version of that character ever) or the very awesome Sideshow Baroness.

I dunno, I feel Retaliation SS is far better than the Renegades one. I totally agree with the SE one, I can't wait for the 2 pack as I thought I had an extra one and customized my PoC one, DOH!

That 12" Roadblock looks a little weird though, like he's too skinny or something, maybe it's just the pic.

Sigh... I miss the Joe's in their heyday.

I dunno, I feel Retaliation SS is far better than the Renegades one.

They're both exactly equal in my book. Both have every ninja weapon you could possibly want (which, on a 3.75" toy is amazing in itself), both have alternate heads, and both have articulation that's on par with or exceeds modern 6" figures.

Only difference is if you want a classic GI Joe look or a more classic ninja-like look. For me, I can't choose between the two.

• 2 weeks later...

Great list. Many of those figures would be on my own top 10 list.

If I were to put a Sigma 6 figure on my list though, I think it would either be the Storm Shadow released in the first wave or Zartan.

I really like Zartan, and the OG SS. Both of those have always been a couple of my favorites .

Zartan is a staple in my collection. Not only is the character and the toy cool, but my particular Zartan is one of the few action figures I own that I can say with confidence is "dead mint" (and I even hate that term "dead mint"). Every joint on him is tight to the point were're I'm afraid he'll break if I pose him and his paint is pristine.

It makes me dread the day when his rubber band will inevitably break from age and I'll have to open him up. Why did they GLUE just him and his brother and sister together? There was no need!

Incidentally, I also really like his first Sigma 6 version and I can't say that about a lot of S6 figures.

Yes! Fun new GI Joe content. Whether or not I agree with any Top 10 doesn't matter. It's fun seeing who makes the cut.

That first Zartan figure is so much fun and that Hot Toys Roadblock has been on my radar for a while. I also agree with the POC Lowlight and just about all the SE and SS figures on there.

I would have to make room for a Baroness figure on there somewhere. Either the vintage v1 (still the best 3.75" version of that character ever) or the very awesome Sideshow Baroness.

Haha....that Hot Toys Roadblock won't let you go.....It's calling out to you YJB....I agree w/the Lowlight...awesome fig...some of that 30th ann stuff was amazing...whoever the team was working on those figs should get a raise....yup I agree the Sideshow Baroness was quite a piece of Art....as far as the Renegades Stormy...I didn't care for the Cartoon Head but I dig the straight up 80's Ninja head.....reminds me of "Ninja Craze" of the early 80's....toys, movies, costumes...weirdo's running around my neighborhood in the middle of the day & night dressed as a ninja....the head sculpt itself reminds me of the quintessential Ninja look from Ninja III "The Domination" cheesy movie but I still loved it when I was lad....the American Ninja series & the classic "9 Deaths of the Ninja".....love that classic look....almost reminiscent of the Ninja in "Shogun Assasin" as well....all the extra accessories of the 80s Stormy made me fall hard for that classic figure....I could only imagine the secret training & rights that Stormy had to endure to get that Cool As$ Clan Tattoo & his "Tools" of his trade packed away in his folding quiver....I have a few of the Sigma 6 figs & for a time I was actually trying to track more of those down but effort is a young mans game...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haha....that Hot Toys Roadblock won't let you go.....It's calling out to you YJB....I agree w/the Lowlight...awesome fig...some of that 30th ann stuff was amazing...whoever the team was working on those figs should get a raise....yup I agree the Sideshow Baroness was quite a piece of Art....as far as the Renegades Stormy...I didn't care for the Cartoon Head but I dig the straight up 80's Ninja head.....reminds me of "Ninja Craze" of the early 80's....toys, movies, costumes...weirdo's running around my neighborhood in the middle of the day & night dressed as a ninja....the head sculpt itself reminds me of the quintessential Ninja look from Ninja III "The Domination" cheesy movie but I still loved it when I was lad....the American Ninja series & the classic "9 Deaths of the Ninja".....love that classic look....almost reminiscent of the Ninja in "Shogun Assasin" as well....all the extra accessories of the 80s Stormy made me fall hard for that classic figure....I could only imagine the secret training & rights that Stormy had to endure to get that Cool As$ Clan Tattoo & his "Tools" of his trade packed away in his folding quiver....I have a few of the Sigma 6 figs & for a time I was actually trying to track more of those down but effort is a young mans game...

Ninja... ninja...ninja, lol...

I had the chance to see the Ninja Force Scarlett in person last week, pretty cool figure, but something I'm not going to go out of my way to get.

20161022_143503_zpsfmfeesfc.jpg