Joerhyno's new comic book day blog

JoeRhyno

I haven't subscribed at the local comic shop in some time now, probably going on over 10+ years now. I used to work for one and used to pick stuff up here and there, but maintain toys.

I wanted to start reading some titles now that I have a steady job again, so I thought I'd pop in and get a few things.

Right now, IDW and their Shared Hasbro Universe has me intrigued, so I wanted to start there. I've also always been into TMNT, so I picked up a trade to get caught up on one of their titles.

With that said, here is what I got today. I'll try to update this every Wednesday. If there isn't something out that I read that week, then maybe I'll get some back issues.

20160824_180539-1_zpscawsiock.jpg

I started out with ROM #2, they only had a super deluxe ROM #1, so I'm waiting for them to transfer it from another store, I didn't want this one to sell out, so I figured why not snag it.

The TMNT trade will hopefully hold me over till next week, I also want to get caught up on some of the other titles I read in the past, so if it's not enough, then next week I'll have to get more trades, lol.

Here is a pic IDW tweeted, it's a checklist for their Revolution, thought I'd share it, as it might come in handy.

IMG_20160824_182221_zps6tlectjb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So, I wasn't able to make the comic shop last week and saw that they were having a Labor Day sale, so I figured I'd hit them today and see what they were having on sale. The store manager had a bunch of her older stuff outside in a sidewalk sale and it was pretty cool digging through her bins. I got a couple figures for myself and some for Devil Bat here on the boards. When it came to comics, I started to think about the dive getting back into getting individual issues every week, and then, where they'd go, lol.. so I think my new take on them are to basically just get trades.

So with that, I'm planning on getting caught up on TMNT still, so I got the second trade of that one.

I'm really enjoying this take on TMNT. I honestly don't remember the last stuff I read, I used to have a ton of old MIRAGE comics, but it all gets jumbled in the various comics I've read over the years, along with movies and the classic TV show so it's good to sit down and start fresh.

I'm not sure how this will follow the old stories or if it even does, because, like I said, I really don't remember them, just the general idea of the stories.. so far, I'm liking it... I noticed they have red bandanas and while I like that nod to the old comics, I kinda wished they had their different colors. It's a lot easier to tell them apart and not as confusing.. man... how'd people feel with the B&W comics, lol...

Anyway, I'm about to rip into this trade and see if I can plan out what to request from the shop the next couple of months... I'm hoping I can just get trades put in my box, if not, then maybe I'll do individual digital issues.. I don't know.. I just don't have the room for 200 comic boxes, lol... we'll see.

post-4639-0-93439700-1473132258_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Haha... I haven't updated in awhile.. I read the rest of the TMNT #2 trade above and I thought it was funny I mentioned the red bandannas, and SPOILER ALERT, lol.. that gets addressed in this trade.

My comic buying is taking a back seat right now because I had a stress fracture in my foot and I've been unable to work for awhile. I started back last week, part time, and this week might be the same, so the checks aren't going to be the same for a bit(where I get my spending money from).. so for now, I'll have to make due.

The good news is, my brother let me borrow his Masters of the Universe mini comic collection:

20160929_155356_zpshvj8mm6l.jpg

This thing is a beast... so it should take me a couple weeks.. and I've been playing the Tappers of Greyskull app, so it'll be a good refresher.

• 3 years later...

419909DE-41C8-48D0-BE44-AA125BA8F71A.thumb.jpeg.5c5e6d194e23cc5bc972aa0b12d61ffa.jpegI like this comic books! I love any comic books it is my whole childhood, I see it as a big unresearched field, isn`t it? Now I have one project where I wanna start research on comic books and reveal the whole picture of the comic world`s characters. I hope for help from my university and maybe from some thesis writing service, but I am so excited to finish it and made the conclusion. So, thanks, here I have found a lot of materials!