Who says little plastic men & robots can't accessorize?

GuitarDevil

The other night I was looking at the new Joe sets on the way & I was thinking about of some of the newer Joe stuff that I'm still sort of pining for.....I never did get Money Bags Destro (seriously, they must have made about 100 of those damned figs, I saw him once at retail but Arctic fuggen Destroy was all but clogging the aisles for months) & some of the the SDCC figs & sets were out of my grasp...the funny thing about ole Money Bags Destro was I really only wanted him for his money bags....I'm like all the other fellas....only after tiny fake money....for some OCD reason I was little frantic about finding MBD even more obsessed than looking for Renegades Storm Shadow....imagine that....I think I only really wanted the figure for the money accessories just like I only wanted the SDCC Marvel Legends set "The Lightning Bolts?" just for Crossbones's BAFG.....Crossbones was cool but that bad as# chain gun would look mighty tasty in the arms of the new Punisher fig I'm going to snag up at Walgreens.....when I was kid I was blown away by the detail of Storm Shadows Katana backpack...you could crack it open & see the cool details just like Firefly's backpack & his accessories....ScrapIron's Rocket pack was fuggen awesome as well......these days sometimes the extras are just that extra...little more than items that will end up lost....I will end on the this note....the extras that Marvel Legends Deadpool came with, are money!....little taco & boxing glove rocket launcher w/unmasked head? great stuff....you guys have any favorite accessories from today or tomorrows toyz? use to love the way Firefly's little machine gun extended stock was able to cuff his arm..... I thought it was boss back in the day... @ray@

talk to myself all the time anyway, why stop now??....they say if you talk to yourself & answer yourself back in convo your off the deep end....what does it mean when you write to yourself?....anewayyyys I was just going to add that every time Hasbro puts "Megatron" in little tiny gun mode as an accessory (i.e. Walmart MP Optimus, MP Soundway & other releases) an Angel gets it wings.....love those little touches....much like the little tiny fake bubblegum bubble that came w/the Joe 25th ann Breaker....goot stuff

• 3 weeks later...

You know eventually w/me this will turn into an bit#@ session, but I noticed w/the recent DC Suicide Squad figs the lack of accessories for the 6" Deadshot.....I believe he comes w/an side arm only? I remember back in the day, when we got so many accessories I would loose damn near all of em outside.....I would use pretty much what ever I could do to replace "lost" guns & such....I used cocktail swords to replace the swords I lost for or never had for Storm Shadow & Snake Eyes....I used to use my GI Joe guns for the Visionaries....& the He-man lazer guns & swords also worked for them as well.....except soon or later the fingers on my Visionaries figs would break...you could always see the tell-tale signs....the little "white" stress fractures starting then one day off popped their fingers....I used to used "sticky tack" to keep my figures guns in check when their hands got too loose.....I would use the "tack to put guns at an angle on the backs of my joes.....even sometimes cut out cardboard wings for an occasional flying viper attack....."sticky tack" was a real hero in my house...

• 2 weeks later...

I lost the "hand" attachment to my G.I Joe BAT about 10 minutes after I opened him, in my friend's front yard. Looked for it in the grass for hours, before deciding he was always going to use the gun attachment. Then I made him a new hand attachment out of tin foil. The fact that I still remember it after all these years should tell you how much I loved that figure.

But I agree...the lack of accessories is pretty crappy. NECA has some great accessories with their figures, but I'd really love to see more companies putting thought into what should be included with their figures.

I lost the "hand" attachment to my G.I Joe BAT about 10 minutes after I opened him, in my friend's front yard. Looked for it in the grass for hours, before deciding he was always going to use the gun attachment. Then I made him a new hand attachment out of tin foil. The fact that I still remember it after all these years should tell you how much I loved that figure.

But I agree...the lack of accessories is pretty crappy. NECA has some great accessories with their figures, but I'd really love to see more companies putting thought into what should be included with their figures.

I think I lost all my Bat attachments in the first 24 hours...I was that kid who was so careless w/the "extras"...losing guns & backpacks....that's awesome that you made an hand out of tin foil...the one thing that disappointed me about the G.I. Joe 25th & 50th stuff was they didn't even try to do an "battlepack" set...give us some straight up repaints of classic joe weapons & provisions....a re-issue of the Joe Robot bomb squad....I know some Joe figs that came w/an armory's worth of items though....I got some plastic fishing lure containers at an garage sale so I'm going to go through my Joes & sort their small lives out...

I think I lost all my Bat attachments in the first 24 hours...I was that kid who was so careless w/the "extras"...losing guns & backpacks....that's awesome that you made an hand out of tin foil...the one thing that disappointed me about the G.I. Joe 25th & 50th stuff was they didn't even try to do an "battlepack" set...give us some straight up repaints of classic joe weapons & provisions....a re-issue of the Joe Robot bomb squad....I know some Joe figs that came w/an armory's worth of items though....I got some plastic fishing lure containers at an garage sale so I'm going to go through my Joes & sort their small lives out...

The fishing lure containers are great...I actually really need to do that with my Star Wars figures. But man, there are thousands of guns and lightsabers to go through.

• Like 1

oh man... fishing containers... you should see mine(and to make matters worse, I customize, so a lot of mine are filled with, legs, crotches, torsos, arms, lol)... and yeah, some weapons I have so many of.. they just go in little organizing drawers, lol.

• 4 months later...

So about 60% of the time I will b#%$^ & moan about accessories all the time....So I was perusing through old photos of Marvel Legends figs. & I came across the Winter Soldier from the BAF Mandroid....Winter soldier is a big-time assassin, creepy, mysterious....the Keyser Soze of Killers so to speak....so I expect an character working in the medium of steel & stealth fire power to get some cool stuff.....what did we get?....a big bright weird looking laser rifle?(WS is all about stealthy kills, I just can't see him sniping w/a giant rifle he borrowed from Ronald McDonalds private stash).....I guess it could be kindly described as one instead of a red turd w/an handle....I was sorely disappointed at the time I picked him up at Terget oh so many years ago....the figure itself left much to be desired but I was sucked in by Cap-mania & I really wanted to build that Mandroid (I named it Barbara & I was able to purchase one more so I could start a squad of Mandroids(Barbara Mandroid & the Mandroid sisters.)) Well I dealt with the disappointment of that only to realize that the Hydra Soldiers also came w/the same "rifle" that WS/Bucky did....so along w/the Red plastic turd, we also got stuck w/a dark green disappointing turd for a future rifle....I honestly don't know what the designers were going for in that respect....I was also let down by the recent Cable BAF Juggernaut accessories.....I never cared for "Liefeld Weapons"....I know he was going for future-esque but one would think......with the future....our phones, computers, cars, ect.......allll got smaller....however the "Liefeld" future must be a place where things get lost easily hence the larger than life Guns & 1000 pouches that everyone seemed to be sporting back then in the future....the hairstyles are all together another post....Cable's rifle is almost the size of a small child(they could've packed in Baby Hope instead)..& is hard to find a great poses to put him in.....He seems to love the classic Rambo pose holding his Rifle w/its tip pointed toward the heavens....its a classic pose but still lackluster...I just now figured out where his rounds go into the stock of the rifle...one would think by that time in the future actual rounds would be obsolete....to date I've never seen any episodes of GI Joe where they replenished their magazines or even came close to running out of ammo unless the script called for it......my final rant lies w/the recently released Walgreens Punisher...it's an awesome figure but its only weak point is the Casper colored street sweeper.....some tiny skulls painted on would have been a great touch, it honestly looks more like a movie prop but at least it can be repainted by a crafty collector....at least we got another bazooka & Franks trademark Rambo-machine gun....2 full ropes of ammunition for his large machine gun that could be draped over Frank woulda been out of the park imo but hence Hasslebro is hit & miss & subject to whims of their financial buzz kill bean counters....at this time w/all these waves & waves of legends dropping every other month a "accessory pack" or two would be nice thing.....like some different world demolishing machine guns for Rocket & Groot....(not Liefeldian guns mind you) maybe some ammo crates & snipers rifles for Frank & or some doubles for Uzis & Pistols for Black Widow...maybe a target dummy or punching bag for Caps & crew....something just to add to the awesomeness of our current Legends waves.....who knows maybe some more relic from the Comics, good example was the Cosmic Cube that came w/the Red Skull....at this point I'm rambling so I'll stop while I'm behind.....I forgot to add.....since Money Bags Destro debuted we still haven't gotten any cash accessories....as many times as they recycle figure parts you think they could've thrown in some cold fake cash for the little guys....Snake Eyes spends his long weekends in Vegas....he needs to feel like a winner every now & then...