New DC Collectibles 7" Supergirl, Legends Of Tomorrow & Constantine TV Series Figures Revealed

The Wire

DCC's looks more like Benoist than Mattel's. Mattel's likeness is off, face is too thin. Benoist has a round face, not so angular. Mattel's Supergirl looks like Jordan-Claire Green from School of Rock

MV5BNjQwMTQ1MDQyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDU4

• 3 months later...

So what do people think of the redone Supergirl DCC figure?

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=27479

I think it's a vast improvement. The extra head is always nice. Unfortunately there's a disturbing trend at DCC lately of delays and cut backs on accessories. A lot of folks are already skeptical of whether or not that extra head is even going to make the cut and are pointing out the missing extra hands for Constantine and Vixen in this solicitation.

That would be a bummer, but I am planning to pick up the SG either way.

• Like 1

Even though I'm planning on getting these I have to say they look pretty good, I really like the Supergirl colors, looks better than the Multiverse version. Constantine looks kind of plain and there is something about Martian Manhunter's bodysculpt that makes him look feminine to me but other than that these look like another solid outing by DCC.

I still need an Flash.....he's also the fastest toy alive.....I've only seen him once on the pegs....I passed cause I was low in fundage.....even my gf wants an flash fig....I've only seen Arrow & Supergirl once as well.....popular figs man

So what do people think of the redone Supergirl DCC figure?

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=27479

I think it's a vast improvement. The extra head is always nice. Unfortunately there's a disturbing trend at DCC lately of delays and cut backs on accessories. A lot of folks are already skeptical of whether or not that extra head is even going to make the cut and are pointing out the missing extra hands for Constantine and Vixen in this solicitation.

That would be a bummer, but I am planning to pick up the SG either way.

I'm so happy that they revised the head sculpt and I may just pick this up now that it looks as good as it does. I really hope they don't axe the extra head sculpt though, it really adds a lot of personality to what's otherwise a pretty standard DCC TV figure. Also the interchangeable hands were such a delight and I'd hate to see them go away.

As for the smile, while it's not an out and out glowing smile, I think what they've done is suitable enough, especially when compared to the rest of the TV line.

I still need an Flash.....he's also the fastest toy alive.....I've only seen him once on the pegs....I passed cause I was low in fundage.....even my gf wants an flash fig....I've only seen Arrow & Supergirl once as well.....popular figs man

Are you looking for Multiverse or DC Collectibles Flash? because they have them both on amazon.com for around $20 each. As for Supergirl while I like the headsculpt, I agree a smile would have gone a long way but yeah I can see how it can backfire and ruin the headculpt, maybe DCC is planning a variant with a smiling head down the line.

I think this new Supergirl figure is much, much better than the previously advertised one.

It manages to capture some of the beauty of Melissa Benoist's face.

A smile would have been nice, but Ms. Benoist has a rather dazzling smile so it would have been pretty difficult to do it justice.

I also noticed that a lot of the promotional pictures of Ms. Benoist as Supergirl have her with a rather small, almost enigmatic smile.

Overall a very fine effort. Now hopefully the figure we actually get looks that good.

post-12554-0-84922000-1477072821_thumb.jpg

post-12554-0-31926100-1477072843_thumb.jpg

I find it amusing, that around the time I started frequenting this place DCUC was on a roll and in the height of their popularity and people had almost entirely cast DC Direct aside. Now years later positions have sort of reversed, here we are talking and praising DC Collectibles work and Mattel looks like it's trying to play catch up.

• Like 2

I find it amusing, that around the time I started frequenting this place DCUC was on a roll and in the height of their popularity and people had almost entirely cast DC Direct aside. Now years later positions have sort of reversed, here we are talking and praising DC Collectibles work and Mattel looks like it's trying to play catch up.

It's really strange things have gone reverse. I still have a few select DCUC figures that look gorgeous, but DCC has definitely gone a long way from their days of old where they barely even meet the standard of modern articulation schemes. It does feel pleasant to see them improve so much over the years because I always loved their sculpts, rather their figures just need better articulation for the most part.

I have always been more a DC Direct/DC Collectibles kind of guy. I have almost all of their Blackest Night offerings and quite a few of their Green Lantern figures due to Hal Jordan being my favorite DC character and one of my favorite all time comic book characters. Sure they had limited articulation and some of them can barely stand but the sculpts are so pretty plus the shiny paint on the Lantern figures really makes them pop. They moved away from Lanterns and classic looks with the New 52 rebranding which was so frustrating because the articulation improved significantly but I just couldn't get into the New 52 looks. Whether they release figures of characters I don't care for or looks I don't like there's no denying that DC Collectibles have come a long way and are doing some of the best work in terms of domestic companies.

I have always been more a DC Direct/DC Collectibles kind of guy. I have almost all of their Blackest Night offerings and quite a few of their Green Lantern figures due to Hal Jordan being my favorite DC character and one of my favorite all time comic book characters. Sure they had limited articulation and some of them can barely stand but the sculpts are so pretty plus the shiny paint on the Lantern figures really makes them pop. They moved away from Lanterns and classic looks with the New 52 rebranding which was so frustrating because the articulation improved significantly but I just couldn't get into the New 52 looks. Whether they release figures of characters I don't care for or looks I don't like there's no denying that DC Collectibles have come a long way and are doing some of the best work in terms of domestic companies.

I'm actually on a similar boat. I collected a lot of their stuff despite the lesser articulation (back in the day when they were still DC Direct), and much like you, I actually collected a ton of their Lantern figures especially come the time of Sinestro Corps and Blackest Night. I do agree though, during the early stages of the New 52 I actually held back on buying a number of their figures due to the huge shift in designs and some of the (not-so-great) stories being told. That said, everything seems to be improving, both the figures and the recent storylines being pumped, so I'm actually rather excited with the general direction that things have been going.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually on a similar boat. I collected a lot of their stuff despite the lesser articulation (back in the day when they were still DC Direct), and much like you, I actually collected a ton of their Lantern figures especially come the time of Sinestro Corps and Blackest Night. I do agree though, during the early stages of the New 52 I actually held back on buying a number of their figures due to the huge shift in designs and some of the (not-so-great) stories being told. That said, everything seems to be improving, both the figures and the recent storylines being pumped, so I'm actually rather excited with the general direction that things have been going.

I agree also that their sculpts are excellent and articulation is improving. But I do wish they would step it up, the delays and cancellations are frustrating. I would to see them mix some of the Rebirth stuff with New 52 and classic in 7 inch form. The movie and TV stuff is cool but i need a really good 7 inch Superman, be it classic or otherwise. As long as the articulation is there. I could rattle off a number a characters I would love for them to release or redo, like Red hood in comic form, Penguin, classic Shazam and so on.

I agree also that their sculpts are excellent and articulation is improving. But I do wish they would step it up, the delays and cancellations are frustrating. I would to see them mix some of the Rebirth stuff with New 52 and classic in 7 inch form. The movie and TV stuff is cool but i need a really good 7 inch Superman, be it classic or otherwise. As long as the articulation is there. I could rattle off a number a characters I would love for them to release or redo, like Red hood in comic form, Penguin, classic Shazam and so on.

I definitely agree with you there. It's a little disheartening to see so many announced figures suddenly getting canceled, and I hope that they don't get discouraged from expanding their lines or redoing certain characters because their products have really been such a pleasure to collect.

• Like 1

That's because Mattel decided to pull their "buy it all or get nothing" stunt when they switched to making DC figure club exclusives. Now they're back at retail but they're refused to put any effort into advancing their articulation, and are only sticking with Batman, Superman, and TV related characters.

Meanwhile, DCC is actually working on improving what they're doing in the articulation department and they at least seem to be trying to make their offerings better.

Now, there are some problems with DCC as others have noted: These cancellations, cutbacks, and delays are definitely worrisome and on top of that they've recently hiked the price of everything by $3. I don't think I can buy a DCC figure at a LCS anymore, I'll have to wait to see it on amazon where they mark almost everything down eventually.

So as of yet, DC does not have a toy line that I could say is truly on par with, say Marvel Legends. Hasbro seems to have articulation, character variety, and distribution worked out to a science.

• 2 weeks later...

just dont like the plastic like materials of of these live DC series figures, especially, the face and head parts. they look like cheap knock offs made from China. If you've been to Asia or South America, there are these fake figures sold on the side streets or shopping stalls, and that's how they look (and feel) like.

just dont like the plastic like materials of of these live DC series figures, especially, the face and head parts. they look like cheap knock offs made from China. If you've been to Asia or South America, there are these fake figures sold on the side streets or shopping stalls, and that's how they look (and feel) like.

I would have to respectfully disagree. I've practically lived and experienced Chinese knock offs through a lot of my collecting life (all the way back as a child when my dad bought me some, up to being an adult who would check certain knock offs in the market) and these figures feel anything but. More than anything, it's a very similar method/feel to how NECA has also been producing their figures with molded flesh tones.