2016 SDCC Exclusive G.I. Joe/Transformers Crossover Set Official Images

The Wire

I was waiting for the big reveal....hoping desperately it wouldn't be another Hiss VS Skystriker repaint set......I was sort of wrong.....I think Scarlett bears a resemblance to Rumer Willis....seeing as we have Joe Colton you could customize the whole "Willis" clan....Zartan is meh.....how did this line just fade into obscurity....seems like for awhile there we were getting some awesome figs....now we get substandard repaints.......I'll put $ down that you east coast guys see this set at Ollie's next year....or they become an "web warmer" on the HasslebroToyshop website....I was really excited cause I thought they'd try harder this year.....

how did this line just fade into obscurity

Because people stopped buying it.

Because everything became dependent on movie success and Hasbro completely blew GI Joe's chances at the box office not once, but twice.

Unfortunately I think this set is weak and predictable. Painting a few vehicles to somewhat match Transformers characters in vehicle mode has become a big time yawn. It was cool when they did it once with Starscream and the Sky Striker, now it's just lame. Scarlett and Zartan look phoned in. Easy pass.

Hopefully they'll throw us a bone again in August and send TRU a few more hit-or-miss repaints like they did the last two years. That's about all the Joe fan can hope for these days.

how did this line just fade into obscurity

Because people stopped buying it.

Because everything became dependent on movie success and Hasbro completely blew GI Joe's chances at the box office not once, but twice.

Unfortunately I think this set is weak and predictable. Painting a few vehicles to somewhat match Transformers characters in vehicle mode has become a big time yawn. It was cool when they did it once with Starscream and the Sky Striker, now it's just lame. Scarlett and Zartan look phoned in. Easy pass.

Hopefully they'll throw us a bone again in August and send TRU a few more hit-or-miss repaints like they did the last two years. That's about all the Joe fan can hope for these days.

I feel like the 30th ann stuff, was an real solid line.....then the 50th kinda broke that down....while they had some cool stuff it seemed to churn a lot of retreads....I feel much the same about their SDCC offering...I was really excited about it from the original box set but the really phoned it in this year.....I'm done at this point but they'll pull me back in when they decide to revitalize it again....once again I'm wondering if they'll try to do a line like marvel "legends or Star wars "black?"....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going to call it now....If you guys find these at Ollies...please please set me aside an set....my birthday is always coming up...that said...okay Hasslebro...if you really wanted to make me wet my pants you could've done an Joe Killer WHALE/SeaSpray w/Cutter & Deep Six VS's one of the those GI Joe ROC Cobra Sting Ray type of vehicle & call it Thunderblast & pair her up w/Zarrana or anyone other than Baroness.....or the other Set could've been another Joe Awestriker/BeachComber w/Wetsuit & Mutt & Junkyard VS Cobra Moray/Sharkticon w/Copperhead & Water Viper....cmon Hasbro....we have the "knowing"....& that's 1/2 the skirmish..... @usa@