Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice Movie Non-Spoiler Review

The Wire

Hey, if somebody doesn't like Batman v Superman, that's great. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm happy for them.

See, I hated the Nolan Bat-Films and thought Guardians of the Galaxy was a steaming pile of boxer-fudge.

Now it's my turn to be on the winning side and I'm really getting off on it.

The winning side = fans of a money making turd?

Congrats... but you could have joined up with the Autobots four movies back. At least Bay isn't pretentious about the #$## he's selling.

Eh, you can't compare those two. Bay knows and has all but admitted to the fact that he's just selling big, dumb, robot wrecking balls. Snyder, at least, seems to be trying to dig some substance out of the material he's been handed. I don't know if I agree with his vision, but he's got that going for him at lest. Doesn't make him pretentious.

For what its worth, Bay, Singer, Snyder, Nolan, or Whedon; I don't care. If someone makes a good movie, I'll have the intestinal fortitude to admit it. I certainly won't declare a movie garbage upfront just because such-and-such made it. Its unfair to myself as a movie-goer, unfair to them as movie-makers...and just the tiniest bit myopic.

I saw the movie. It is garbage. But, thanks for being dismissive of me actually making the effort to see something and be able to form my own opinion.

I've got a word for you, and the small group of fans resisting valid criticism: Ignorant.

Enjoy your bliss (Or, if it helps you, Granny's Peach Tea.)

And should you ever decide to take a script analysis, philosophy, or filmmaking course, you still have a few days to complete your FAFSA for the upcoming school year. File again, every year, around February!

I saw the movie this weekend with my son.and I have to say I really liked it. Without any spoilers; we really loved the way the movie played out in the end.

The movie has flaws, what movie doesn't but I just don't see why its getting the horrible reviews and just plain hate its getting, it isn't that bad IMO.

As for Gal Gadot as WW; loved her, she steals every scene she's in. She plays badass WW quite well..lol.

My only issue is that we didn't see her more in the movie.

Its kind of a pity the role of Luthor was so horribly miscast (my only real bug-a-boo with the whole film), as Luthor was actually presented the way I've wanted to see him since I first saw Superman: The Movie way back in '78. This is a guy who's been reading his Machiavelli: kryptonite, monsters, alien technology, manipulating the highest offices of the government, kidnapping; it makes me look back at Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey's ridiculously heavy handed real estate scams and laugh.

I don't care if they had already tapped him for Ra's al Ghul in Batman Begins, Neeson would've killed in this role.

I saw it 2x already.....good times.....I'm w/you Lazrod...I had my concerns about Gal Godot but she absolutely shines in this movie....loved her action scenes....All movies especially almost 3 hour movies have problems.....If your a Snyder fan then you should love it.....I enjoyed Watchmen immensely so this wasn't a surprise w/the darkness of this movie.....I'm not trying to spoil anything but I believe most people are still holding on tightly to Reeves superman & I think some of those fans need to hit reset on this interpretation....There were funny parts that I laughed at but felt alone in the theater during those moments....I must be easy to please, or no one got the joke or I'm just a sick F that laughs at the darkness....I would probably see it a 3rd time as there's a lot to take in....I've been lurking on other sites.....& I give props to DC & Marvel for all they've done to bring our heroes to the screen......I never dreamed as a kid they would make these quality of Comic films.....

I don't care if they had already tapped him for Ra's al Ghul in Batman Begins, Neeson would've killed in this role.

Neeson, Cranston.......ANYBODY else?

Man, good or bad, the amount of time that's passed with me not seeing this is a crime. Just busy, busy, busy. But if GD likes it, it can't be that bad :D

Its kind of a pity the role of Luthor was so horribly miscast (my only real bug-a-boo with the whole film), as Luthor was actually presented the way I've wanted to see him since I first saw Superman: The Movie way back in '78. This is a guy who's been reading his Machiavelli: kryptonite, monsters, alien technology, manipulating the highest offices of the government, kidnapping; it makes me look back at Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey's ridiculously heavy handed real estate scams and laugh.

Didn't a newspaper imply that Lex flat out murdered (assumed shot) security guards in Superman: The Movie? And now we have him belittling people with Jolly Ranchers and peeing in mason jars. What's next?

lexluthorcakes.jpg

As for Gal Gadot as WW; loved her, she steals every scene she's in. She plays badass WW quite well..lol.

Especially when you consider she does it without dipping into the Xena/Ripley cliché-jar. She was great throughout the film, but what really sold me was the quick smile during the Doomsday battle. THIS woman was brought up a warrior and has seen some $#!+!

Can't wait for that solo picture.

Especially when you consider she does it without dipping into the Xena/Ripley cliché-jar. She was great throughout the film, but what really sold me was the quick smile during the Doomsday battle. THIS woman was brought up a warrior and has seen some $#!+!

Can't wait for that solo picture.

I liked what little she was in, but I had a hard time understanding what she was saying with her accent.

I know, I know...go to bed old man.

So WW's movie has been moved up and two MORE DCEU (is that really what they're calling it now?) movies have been added to the slate.

Not bad considering the article I read yesterday insinuating Warner Bros. was ready to abandon comic book films altogether after the second week fall off.

So WW's movie has been moved up and two MORE DCEU (is that really what they're calling it now?) movies have been added to the slate.

Not bad considering the article I read yesterday insinuating Warner Bros. was ready to abandon comic book films altogether after the second week fall off.

Not surprising really. Even DC and Warner Bros. can't fail to see the obvious. Gal Gadot's WW was clearly the star of BvS.

Every review I've read so far has been negative, but every single review either loves WW or speaks positively about Gal Gadot's performance.

Very understandable that they would want to draw as much attention as possible to the character.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I was the last fanboy on earth to see this movie. Man, I really don't know where all of this hate is coming from. Yeah, it wasn't a perfect movie, but deserving of a lot of the things I'm reading about it? No way. Just a few thoughts:

Better than the Man of Steel, certainly. I thought the motivations of both Batman and Superman coming together to fight was well developed. Heck, I even thought Lex's part in driving them together was played out pretty good.

I heard complaints that this is just a lot of little scenes thrown together. While there are a lot of scenes, I thought they all (well, OK, most all) had a purpose in furthering the story. I don't know if I'd call this a rip off of DKR or Death of Superman. They took one element of each, yes, but I think they crafted their own story around it well enough.

Everyone of the actors playing the Big Three did a good job. I'm still a fan of Cavil as Superman, I just wish they went with more of a Christopher Reeve rout in writing him (I know, I know, I'm living in the past).

The wife and I both thought Batfleck did a solid job. She liked the "older" take on the character. I'm not sure where I stand on Batman's "no killing" rule. Certainly it was ignored in this movie, like it's been ignored on and off throughout all of his history in comics. I can't condemn the movie on this one.

I think I would have been more geeked out about WW if they had not shown any of her in the trailer and saved it all for the fans that went to see the movie. I wanted more of her. I'm also really happy we saw the magic lasso in action, I only wish we saw her twirling it and roping Doomsday with it. As it stood, they cut to the scene and she's already got him tied up. Still neat.

This is not the version of Lex that I would have gone with but he was not as annoying as I was bracing myself for.

This movie could have been the exact same product without some of the excess universe building thrown in but it didn't detract too much. Did I see Paradeamons during Batman's nightmare? The bit where the Flash (?) was trying to send Bruce a warning in dream sequence #14-A was a bit much, I can't even remember what was really said, I was just like, "What's this now?" Since it's DC, it probably has something to do with multiple earths (groan!)

Doomsday was an Orc from Mordor right down to his birth in an oozing sack of something. Refreshing, though, that they were fighting in an abandoned part of town, I guess. I may have been more impressed with him had he not been spoiled by the trailer.

The wife was really annoyed by Lois, she thought the was the miscast one, getting herself into dumb situations and having to have Superman save her. I was kind of indifferent to Lois.

...and Aquaman was there.

I won't see it in the theater again, but I'll pick up the blu-ray AND keep all the action figure I already bought.