2016 G.I. Joe Convention Exclusive 3.75" Static Line Figure Revealed

The Wire

• 1 month later...

Really liking the looks of this line. I know some of the colors are a bit crazy since they mimic the 90's neon craze, but I think the overall part selection works for almost all of the figures here. I love the idea that they replaced the parachutes they were known for back in the day with the newer tech glider backpacks. nice touch.

Some shine more than others for sure, but I wouldn't mind having the set of them proudly displayed at some point.

I absolutely agree my friend...Sky Patrol was one of those sub-teams that came along after I initially quit collecting. Y'know, back when I was seventeen and "too old" for G.I. Joes. (lol) So I was only vaguely familiar with these over the years, having came-out after my time, as it were. But yeah...these look fantastic. I'm going nuts over the modern stuff lately.

EDIT: It just occurred to me, as I look at the official pics...these things remind me of Centurions, Silverhawks, and those little M.A.S.K. Adventure Mission carded figures, all rolled into one line. Okay, now I have to have them. (lol) I don't normally go for Joe stuff that strays too far away from the whole military motif overall, but I'm a sucker for sub-teams, especially ones that remind me of other cherished toy lines...

I absolutely agree my friend...Sky Patrol was one of those sub-teams that came along after I initially quit collecting. Y'know, back when I was seventeen and "too old" for G.I. Joes. (lol) So I was only vaguely familiar with these over the years, having came-out after my time, as it were. But yeah...these look fantastic. I'm going nuts over the modern stuff lately.

EDIT: It just occurred to me, as I look at the official pics...these things remind me of Centurions, Silverhawks, and those little M.A.S.K. Adventure Mission carded figures, all rolled into one line. Okay, now I have to have them. (lol) I don't normally go for Joe stuff that strays too far away from the whole military motif overall, but I'm a sucker for sub-teams, especially ones that remind me of other cherished toy lines...

And this one still has some of the military vibe to it. It doesn't seem to far into the sci-fi realm as to be wildly unrealistic.

The Airborne character was always my favorite from this set. Even the originals. I might have to find a way to pick some of these up.

• 1 month later...