Masterpiece Bumblebee question

yojoebro82

Masterpiece Transformers are not on my radar. Great looking toys, but I don't have the money to collect them right now.

However, I found a MP Bumblebee at a collectibles store today for $25 which seemed like a great price, so I pulled the trigger. (I later went to ebay and saw that he goes for about $30 anyway, but that doesn't change the fact that the figure is awesome and I'm happy with my purchase).

Anyway, the only issue I have is that when he's in robot mode and you flip around his Autobot symbol on his chest, the symbol is upside down. I don't know if that rotating panel on his chest was installed the wrong way or what. I'm just wondering if there's a way I can take that out put it back in the right way without breaking it. Has anyone done that before or had that issue with the MP Bumblebee? Thanks in advance!

Hate to break it to you Bubba, but it sounds like you have yourself a knock-off. The upside-down logo is a dead give away. If you still have the box, check it. Chances are where it should say Takara Tomy, it'll say something like Takasa Tomy.

Of course its not like those old South-American Super Powers figures, most of the KO's I've heard of are relatively well built. If you're happy with the figure, no harm, no foul.

As for the Logo, all it takes to fix it is a gentle hand and a Reprolabels sticker.

HA! Sure enough, the box says, "Takasa Tony". There's my Transformers/Japanese import/knock off inexperience at work. No wonder I mainly stick to Hasbro and Mattel. Good ol' American retail. At least there I always know what I'm getting.

As for the logo, it's actually not a sticker or something that is painted on. It's actually raised, molded into the plastic.

Overall the thing seems pretty sturdy. It's complete with three different Bumblebee faces, box, instructions, and a transforming exosuit Spike. I'm not going to get too bent up about it.

HA! Sure enough, the box says, "Takasa Tony". There's my Transformers/Japanese import/knock off inexperience at work. No wonder I mainly stick to Hasbro and Mattel. Good ol' American retail. At least there I always know what I'm getting.

As for the logo, it's actually not a sticker or something that is painted on. It's actually raised, molded into the plastic.

Overall the thing seems pretty sturdy. It's complete with three different Bumblebee faces, box, instructions, and a transforming exosuit Spike. I'm not going to get too bent up about it.

The guy I talked to just put the new logo on the plane side of the flip-panel and left the upside-down logo hidden.

In any case, I've been considering biting the bullet myself and ordering one of these KOs just to have a Bumblebee who's NOT a friggin' muscle-car, but without putting out MP money.

The guy I talked to just put the new logo on the plane side of the flip-panel and left the upside-down logo hidden.

In any case, I've been considering biting the bullet myself and ordering one of these KOs just to have a Bumblebee who's NOT a friggin' muscle-car, but without putting out MP money.

If you don't mind not owning the genuine article, I think I may go ahead and recommend picking this up. I'm having trouble putting him down. I love the interchangeable faces (I'm displaying the masked face for now just because I think it looks cool and is a good holler back to the vintage toy). Nothing about him feels cheep or knock-off-y. I'm going to try to pry the flip panel out of his chest and flip it the right way as soon as I feel brave enough.

I think he looks pretty good next to Bay Bumblebee

2016-01-22%2019.08.29_zpso8j9iwjm.jpg

I can't read Japanese so I don't know if this is Spike or Daniel. I'm going with Daniel, though and I really like him with my other movie figures.

2016-01-22%2019.09.22_zpsxdxihgqv.jpg

But the thing is in the movie Spike was with Bumblebee in the EXO-SUIT. Daniel never was with Bumblebee. Daniel was always close to Arcee,Rodimus Prime & Wheelie.

But the thing is in the movie Spike was with Bumblebee in the EXO-SUIT. Daniel never was with Bumblebee. Daniel was always close to Arcee,Rodimus Prime & Wheelie.

I know, I'm not arguing that. But on my toy shelf he's close to Arcee, Rodimus, and Wheelie :D And since the head is way too small to make out any distinct facial features, I have no problem lying to myself and calling him Daniel.

Well if you get the MP Ultra Magnus you can have Daniel cause I just look it up and Ultra Magnus comes with Daniel and another Spike.

Do my eyes deceive me or is that knock off Bumble a nice canary yellow??

The actual Bumble is a really warm, orange-ish goldenrod yellow. Which I never liked. It's the only Bumblebee toy ever made in that color. Apparently VW specified that color, but it does not look like Bumble to me at all. Heck, it looks more canary than the photo on the box it's standing in front of. It matches the movie B.

OK, I need to research this a bit. if I can get one in a 'proper' yellow I'll totally buy one.