Mattel 6" Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice Batman, Superman & Wonder Woman Figures Review

The Wire

The hate for this line is really pouring in judging from reaction on other boards. A lot of folks have their pitch forks out.

Personally, I saw Batfleck today for the first time and wasn't as underwhelmed as I thought I'd be. Not an amazing figure but not terrible, I guess. Wish I could comment on the other three but I only saw twenty regular Batflecks and nothing else.

I saw probably close to 100 figures from this line yesterday. A massive amount of regular & armored Batfflecks, maybe a dozen Supermen total & maybe 1 Wonder Woman. Showing once again that Mattel has zero clues about how to ratio action figures out.

Since their "Adult Collector" figures are out of scale with both everything they've done before, and even the other Multiverse figures, I'll probably save a buck and just go for the regular line.

Not in love with the fact they're only 9 POA, but at least soft-goods capes insure we'll get to USE that articulation. Plus the Dick 'n Jane line gets the car to. Gotta have the car.

Since their "Adult Collector" figures are out of scale with both everything they've done before, and even the other Multiverse figures, I'll probably save a buck and just go for the regular line.

Not in love with the fact they're only 9 POA, but at least soft-goods capes insure we'll get to USE that articulation. Plus the Dick 'n Jane line gets the car to. Gotta have the car.

I may very well go this rout too with Wonder Woman. If I can get her in scale with the Movie Masters I already have, that would be great. She can team with the shorter MoS Cavil Superman. Substitute Batfleck with my Bale Batman and I'm good!

Gonna have to pass on the car though. Saw it at TRU and it wasn't doing it for me.

Well I found the Superman, Batfleck, and armored Batfleck at TRU (no WW of course). I got Supes and armored Batfleck and like them both a lot. Supes is a good upgrade from the MOS version. I still wish he could look up for flight poses. The wife gives them a thumbs up as well. I mentioned that I've been reading a lot of hate for these figures but having them in hand, darned if I can tell why (well, OK, regular Batfleck is "iffy" but I don't have him. Yet.)

Who else is getting these? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Like I said before, whether I get these depends on how well they mesh with the Arrow/Flash figures from Multiverse. Flash seems t be in pretty good scale, but you can't really tell from pictures.

Like I said before, whether I get these depends on how well they mesh with the Arrow/Flash figures from Multiverse. Flash seems t be in pretty good scale, but you can't really tell from pictures.

Shartimusprime has a good size comparison with movie Green Lantern, movie Superman, and movie Batfleck. Looks like size won't be an issue.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=25745

Found Batman, Wonder Woman, and Iron-Bat along with Arrow, Flash, and the Joker at my local Walmart. Didn't buy any yet, but at least I know they're hitting here in "The Sticks."

BTW: This is a little off topic, but I haven't read whatever comic this version of the Joker is from. So just out of curiosity . . . who does the face he's packaged with belong to?

It's his face.

And if I remember the story line correctly, Joker came across some sort of regenerative something-something that made him good as new. Batman and Joker both "died" (yeah, right) at the end of the story and the same regenerative something-something was used on Bruce who is good as new now only with no memory and no desire to be Batman. So now Jim Gordon is Batman. Until whenever they decide to go back to status quo.

And if by chance that WW is still at your Walmart and you want to help a guy out.....

It's his face.

Gotcha. I had heard he sliced off his own face, and I knew Gordo was Batman now (when did he stop being a 60-something heart attack survivor?). The healing stuff is new though.

Oh, I sent you a PM about the WW.

Correction: I don't know why I said Walmart. I found them at Target. God I need a weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

So is the MOS Superman the same body parts and BvS Superman? They look like they are. Can anyone confirm?

The body parts are the same, just a couple of very minor tweaks: Little square on his pelvis instead of a little circle (I can't really call it a belt buckle since he's not actually wearing a belt) and they made the legs just slightly longer. I've had the MOS and DOJ versions side by side and the difference in height is really barely noticeable.

I bought the DOJ version just because I liked the new head and coloring enough. Aside from those two things the figure is basically the same.

Got the Wonder Woman thanks to mako.

And Mako's generosity has been rewarded.

Thanks to a whole complicated SNAFU involving an Avengers: AOU set that got temporarily lost in the mail, a 5.00 promotional certificate Amazon issued me for my trouble, and a technical error which prevented said certificate from being credited to my account, Amazon deducted 5.00 off one of the 2 Multiverse figures I just ordered. The figure? Multiverse Wonder Woman.

I ended up getting it for 14.99, and they even let me keep the free shipping when that dropped the order below $35.

Gotta love Toy-Karma.

I've spotted these figs & I'm sorta interested....I hate to say it but I'll wait till they have a sale or clearance.....I hurried around & bought the MOS line & then lo & behold almost a few months later I spotted them all at a local grocery store for $5 each...ugg...I'll wait...still haven't spotted Wonder Woman yet but just wait till the movie comes out & the angry muthas come out of the woodwork for toy equality....