Rey is a Kenobi

Wheeljack35

Whether or not the prequels are still canon, if we're going by the actress' real life age and the time between A New Hope and TFA, Ben Kenobi was dead long before Rey was born.

EDIT: Oops.....the guy is claiming she's his granddaughter. Shame on me for replying first and reading second.....

Still, we've heard Tom's theory, now let's listen to Dick's followed by Harry's.

Just speaking for myself, my favorite movies are the ones where some innocent schlep gets caught up in something far beyond his/her control/sphere of experience, and has to dig deep and rise to the occasion. Just plain Joe/Joan average thrust into something totally out of the ordinary.

That's why I want Rey to be just some scavenger chick from a rat-hole in the desert who stumbles into this massive battle between good and evil. That's the way I saw Luke, that's the way I saw Anakin.

Besides, having everyone of relevance in Star Wars related to everyone else of relevance kinda stretches the old credibility, right?

Just speaking for myself, my favorite movies are the ones where some innocent schlep gets caught up in something far beyond his/her control/sphere of experience, and has to dig deep and rise to the occasion. Just plain Joe/Joan average thrust into something totally out of the ordinary.

That's why I want Rey to be just some scavenger chick from a rat-hole in the desert who stumbles into this massive battle between good and evil. That's the way I saw Luke, that's the way I saw Anakin.

Besides, having everyone of relevance in Star Wars related to everyone else of relevance kinda stretches the old credibility, right?

I would like to believe this as well... hey, wait... Ice Cream Maker Guy wasn't related to.... unless... Finn's Dad?!?!

The only thing I can think of co,mes from Clone Wars.I forgot her name but the Mandelian Queen had a thing for Obi Wan.What if they had a kid and that kid was the parent of Rey?I know its far fetched and I don't think JJ watched the Clone Wars toon.

Kenobi & the duchess Satine had a short relationship before the events of TPM. However, she was killed off late in the series with no sign of having a child anywhere.

But it showed that he wasn't *that* strictly adherent to the Jedi code of no nookie. Combine that with having to give up everything that made him a Jedi after Order 66, it's feasible that he found someone on Tatooine in his exile & had a kid.

Kenobi & the duchess Satine had a short relationship before the events of TPM. However, she was killed off late in the series with no sign of having a child anywhere.

But it showed that he wasn't *that* strictly adherent to the Jedi code of no nookie. Combine that with having to give up everything that made him a Jedi after Order 66, it's feasible that he found someone on Tatooine in his exile & had a kid.

That's a lot for the general public who only see the movie to swallow, and even more for already lazy screenwriters to have to explain. They erased the EU so that the newbs could go about their business with creative freedom, right? I would hope they would be free of the @##@@ cartoons as well.

Speaking of, I looove how IGN keeps reminding us that Darth Maul is still alive out there on a weekly basis. Between sane logic (he's dead) and idiot fans that cling to new canon(nuh-uh), the comment section is a hoot.

That's a lot for the general public who only see the movie to swallow, and even more for already lazy screenwriters to have to explain. They erased the EU so that the newbs could go about their business with creative freedom, right? I would hope they would be free of the @##@@ cartoons as well.

Speaking of, I looove how IGN keeps reminding us that Darth Maul is still alive out there on a weekly basis. Between sane logic (he's dead) and idiot fans that cling to new canon(nuh-uh), the comment section is a hoot.

The only place Darth Maul is still alive is on my Black Series display shelf. Say what you want about the prequels, but dang that is one cool looking 6" action figure.

The only place Darth Maul is still alive is on my Black Series display shelf. Say what you want about the prequels, but dang that is one cool looking 6" action figure.

Yeah, lets steer clear of the whole Darth Maul thing. We go there, we end up with Cyborg Chicken Legs and Uncle Owen being heroic . . . its just not worth it.

Except they've always said that Clone Wars & Rebels are canon. And they still are. They were never EU.

Except they've always said that Clone Wars & Rebels are canon. And they still are. They were never EU.

Haha... that's the spirit! Now, when I say something about how its stupid that DM got cut in half AND fell down a reactor shaft, bring up how lightsabers cauterize and Luke survived falling in Cloud City!

Just my personal opinion...Darth Maul should have stayed dead, period. It diminished Obi-Wan' s bad-@$$ery to simply have Maul survive in some miraculous way. (The will of his RAGE and HATRED kept him alive with the Dark Side!!) (sigh) I think as was the case with Boba Fett's death...he had his shot, his fifteen minutes, as it were, and to back-up and fabricate some back-door explanation as to how these characters could have survived their "supposed" deaths respectively just seems cheap and lazy, storytelling-wise...a stunt to capitalize on the populatrity of a given character instead of, oh I don't know...moving-on and coming-up with something, say...COMPLETELY ORIGINAL? I thought Savage Opress was filling the Darth Maul void quite nicely...then he was regulated to being just a throw-away character when Maul returned, thereby negating Opress's originality and dramatic gravitas in the Clone Wars series...

Sorry to go off on a rant/tangent. What were we talking about? (lol)