Paramount & Hasbro Confirm 'Writers Room' For G.I. Joe, Micronauts, MASK & More

The Wire

Saw this today and just don;t know what Hasbro is thinking. I understand wanting to make money and having all these properties laying around, so lets tie them all together and try to make them fit. But I just don't see an natural way to fit them ALL together. Honestly the only way I see it working is if Hasbro adds Transformers to the mix. G.I.Joe and TF mix together okay. Add MASK to Joe and it can work. Have the TF meet ROM while in outer space, then ROM works. Use the Mirconauts as a part of ROM or TF (just for the Sci Fi connection)and it "might" work. But I just don't see Visionaries working. Well I doubt we will really see any of these actually on the screen anyway.

To paraphrase all of that, "We still own the rights to a lot of brands that you haven't seen since the 80s. We want to put them all on screen and copy Marvel. Oh and remember, Transformers made a lot of money."

I saw no mention of them inviting Jem to the party....

I'm not excited for any of this.

While I applaud them wanting to get these franchises running again....it sounds like a horrible idea...they're late to the "multi-universe" party & w/how bad the GI Joe movies were they should just start all over again....maybe they can make some "cartoon movies" instead.....I saw how Jem tanked w/the GI Joe 2 Director....big surprise....I remember him "stepping down" to focus on Jem instead of an 3rd Joe movie.....I feel like Joe was a beloved franchise much like Star Wars but its tarnished at this point....I couldn't see anything short of miracle pulling this off in a believable manner.....I pity the dude that has to write for this whole mess...

So funny how 30 years later long since cancelled shows like G.I. Joe, Transformers, etc. are still selling toys and DVDs, yet in their attempts to turn these old favorites into big-budget movies, Hollywood is barely been able to maintain an audience for two hours.

Now they want to make a shared universe? Makes since I guess. If they can pull it off they'll be able to wreck 5 or 6 franchises in the time it would normally take to destroy 1.

They made Jem & Battleship.....soooo I guess this shouldn't be any surprise....maybe they can make an Thundercats/Silverhawks/Bravestarr/Voltron/Vehicle Voltron/Strawberry Shortcake/Rainbow Bright shared universe already.....can't wait...