Did the movies kill this line?

Wheeljack35

Ever since the movie figures came out starting in 2007 I have noticed the lack of transformers we now get.The movie lines sat of shelves and pegs and collected dust.Now they talk of a new movie that will possibly kill the line itself.Ever since the movies the retailers don't order as much as they did back in the day.My Walmart has a little area for transformers and as for the voygers classes they are practicly non existant.RID now sits the current combiners the Optimus Prime combiner sits and sits.I seen Hot Spot once and at the time was broke.I never seen that figure or much of the protectobots.I now have gone back to collecting Star Wars my original line before G1 ever hit.I really hate buying items online but it seems its the only way to find anything

We've got multiple "Classes" for Combiner Wars, Robots in Disguise, and there are also the Mashers. Sounds like Transformers is doing pretty good to me.

You wanna see a line killed by a movie? Find a G.I. Joe figure at mass retail.

I believe it was global warming that killed the dinobots.......well on one hand I don't see the pegs full up of TF combiner stuff round here either but on the other they have been consistent at putting stuff out on the pegs....the Combiner stuff really surprised me on how they changed it all up...while l dig the line I'm not digging some of the designs....I'm passing on this series cause my money is sooo thin right now....if they had a cyber sale where they dropped the price to round $6 buxx a piece for the smaller guys I'm in.....I did pick up the lead Aerial-bot at Ross Fry's Marketplace for $12 awhile back....great idea imop but just too much when they are many other lines that I collect.....oops I meant to add, while the movies did well right? Imop, I feel like Hasselbro oversaturated the market w/these Movie TF's to the point the fun wore off & people realized they weren't that great....HB put a lot of effort marketing & distributing TF's to a point where I think it damaged other lines...Joes, Marvel, Star Wars Black & others....we did get some product from those lines but the prices went up & the rubbery plastic is prevailing & repaints galore....

I think the movie line did kill the Transformers the Bay crap formers to me even though I did get some of the first movie figures (which now are in a box put in the garage.) I think the movie ones where never really true Transformers. U are also right with the Combiners with the Protectobots. I have only seen them once all exsept for Hot Spot but I can't even get him cause don't have the money for him now. The only Protectobot I have is First Aid. As for the rest I really don't like them. The reason I don't care for them is all of them are the same just remodel and tire of seeing the same mode over and over and over again. I can see maybe using that same mode but only twice not so many times. Also the ones like Sunstreaker,Prowl & Ironhide don't like how they lok with the combiner gear in the middle of there chest it makes them look way off same with Mirage. The only Transformers that I will get anymore are the Masterpiece ones when and if they have the ones that I really want.

I think the movie line did kill the Transformers the Bay crap formers to me even though I did get some of the first movie figures (which now are in a box put in the garage.) I think the movie ones where never really true Transformers. U are also right with the Combiners with the Protectobots. I have only seen them once all exsept for Hot Spot but I can't even get him cause don't have the money for him now. The only Protectobot I have is First Aid. As for the rest I really don't like them. The reason I don't care for them is all of them are the same just remodel and tire of seeing the same mode over and over and over again. I can see maybe using that same mode but only twice not so many times. Also the ones like Sunstreaker,Prowl & Ironhide don't like how they lok with the combiner gear in the middle of there chest it makes them look way off same with Mirage. The only Transformers that I will get anymore are the Masterpiece ones when and if they have the ones that I really want.

Yeah I have been getting the MP's also.With the news of a new movie coming out I cringe.I don't have to go see the movie but its more crap on the shelves that will a another nail on the coffin for the toy lines

TF is one of the few non-flash-in-the-pan franchises still consistently on the shelves from year to year. I think they're doing ok as can be in an age where kids play with phones and tablets more than toys and their imaginations.

I don't know about that.I see a lot of people picking up Star Wars and TMNT

• 1 month later...

I have not had any problems getting Generations since the crappy movie figs came out in 07. Sure they congest most of the pegs but they always seem to have enough space (lately at least 6 pegs reserved for generations/combiner wars figs. I really don't think they killed anything to be honest.

Clogging the shelves and no selling kept newer figure in the back and the non sales are seen by the big execs and they order less.My Walmart used to be a big area for them till the movie hit.Now the are on about 4 pegs and some limited shelf space