GI Joe Kindle Worlds fan poll coming soon...

JoeRhyno

http://pulse.hasbro.com/news/article?article=gi_joe_fan_vote

Can't believe you guys aren't talking about this. Over the weekend, Hasbro announced that they'll be having a poll on their Pulse website to vote for an all new GI Joe figure coming straight from the pages of the Kindle Worlds stories. I personally think this is an awesome way to cross promote the ebook stories.

Check them out on Amazon's Kindle worlds, download the app on your phone if you don't have a kindle, or download and read in your browser on Amazon.

Who do you guys like? I can't wait to see what they have planned as seems like they're planning something different besides the tired old 2-packs.

I saw this over the weekend. I can't say that I've downloaded any of the stories from Amazon, but I might check it out to get a little more background on the characters.

As far as the vote goes, I think I'm leaning toward Blackjack or Stiletto. I like what Blackjack adds to Baroness's backstory and he seems to fit in well with the classic cobra hierarchy (plus he looks cool). Out of the two women, I prefer Stiletto to Whisper, although either one would make me happy. Whisper just seems to be more similar to what we've already had. I like AT Marcus, but we don't have any other Adventure Team members for him to go with (not counting the club exclusive figures that most of us don't have).

Anyway, I'm curious as to how Hasbro plans to release the winning figure. It's been a while since we've seen this much effort put into anything new. So is this part of a new line or just another round of tru exclusives? I guess time will tell, but it's nice to have something to be (cautiously) excited about.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Remember, this is the first year that Mark Weber is in charge of the line. The stuff that came out this year was already in the works when he took over the line, so hopefully, being a big Joe fan himself, he'll get it back on track with more than just 2 & 3 packs. I'm personally hoping for more single packs, bring back something like the comic packs(maybe they can put these in there, have someone do a mini-adaptation of a chapter for the winning figure). I've also seen a lot of talk about people being tired of the same old vehicles being reused... hopefully we'll get a break from Snow-Cats, Sky Strikers and Vamps, lol.

I'm on board for Stiletto, I've read Bill's books, I'm about halfway through his 3rd book right now, I haven't read the others, but I'll probably check them out to get an idea of their characters. As for Marcus, I like the idea of AT making a comeback, but without there being a lot of AT stuff out there, I agree he might have an uphill battle, but then again, his book has a lot of reviews, so maybe he's got a lot of fans already.