NYCC Marvel Legends reveals

yojoebro82

First of all, that new Rogue looks great! I'm interested to see what else is in store. A lot of people including myself swore up and down that we weren't going to see X-Men figures because of Hollywood BS. Another example of fanboys not knowing as much as they think they do. Personally, I'm hoping we see some X-Men Apocalypse movie figures. They FINALLY have the X-Men in costume in a movie....let's not waste this.

Second: this is the down side for me with Hasbro essentially redoing everything that Toy Biz did. I'm looking to be done with superhero figures. I'm happy with a lot of the TB stuff....the vast majority, in fact. I try to pass on the Hasbro stuff that I already have a TB version of, but I can't. I just caved on the Hasbro Kraven, a character that I don't even care that much about. What chance do I have when I see Rogue, one of my favorite female superheroes? It's funny, if you go to boards where people are actually talking about stuff, you'll see speculation and wish lists by the truckload. A lot of people are calling for "proper" versions of ___________, a lot of which are figures that I've had for years and still love. I never knew I owned so many inadequate figures! Yes, I'll give you Rogue. I understand the hate for the TB version even if I don't feel it as heavily. But if you spend a minimal amount of time looking, you'll find someone call for a redo of everyone.

"Man, we've been owed a proper Captain America for a long time. That Face-Off one is so outdated with its sculpted in detail, its paint wash, its dead on likeness, and its 40 points of articulation. I'm glad we're finally getting a decent version"

Yeah, I can't relate to that.

Anyway, it's not a complaint, just an observation. Go ahead and talk about the new stuff....if you're not already doing it on another board.....

Since we now know that Rogue will come in a dedicated X-Men wave, I know a lot of people are hoping it'll be a Jim Lee themed wave. I honestly can't say I'd mind that myself . . . especially if it netted me a Lee Cyclops and another crack at a Lee Jean Grey.

Last week I'd have said don't hold your breath for that but now I guess anything's possible.

I'm guessing the BAF is Juggernaut but a lot of others are thinking hover chair Prof X which would definitely make use of that suit body that we will be seeing again and again.

Since we now know that Rogue will come in a dedicated X-Men wave, I know a lot of people are hoping it'll be a Jim Lee themed wave. I honestly can't say I'd mind that myself . . . especially if it netted me a Lee Cyclops and another crack at a Lee Jean Grey.

Last week I'd have said don't hold your breath for that but now I guess anything's possible.

I'm guessing the BAF is Juggernaut but a lot of others are thinking hover chair Prof X which would definitely make use of that suit body that we will be seeing again and again.

I'm was thinking Juggernaut to. They mentioned in the fwoosh interview that the BAF would be BIG (though not as big as the Hulkbuster). That doesn't sound like Prof. X.

If I had my choice, I'd pick Sauron as the BAF. I can imagine he'd look bad @$$, we never had him before. Juggernaut would be another example of what I wrote above: A character that TB already did that I'm pretty happy with. All though I'm sure he would look awesome if Hasbro did him too.

Granted, its been a while since I've even looked at an X-men comic, but I can only think of a couple of "big-boys" who'd work as the BAF in Stall and Company's admittedly vague description.

Juggernaut (even money)

Blob (Not likely, already done by the Has'.)

Apocalypse (High likelihood. With the movie coming, I'll be surprised if he's not in the wave, I just don't want it to be as a BAF)

Onslaught (Already coming)

Sentinel (even money)

I was also gonna put Colossus, but I just can't see him as a build-a-figure.

Sentinel (even money)

There's no way Hasbro could top the Toy Biz BAF Sentinel. It's one of the best ever.

It is one of their better efforts, though the proportions are a little wonky. In any case, it doesn't really matter to me if Toybiz did a character first, or how well they did it. Hasbro has really done an incredible job with their Infinite Series, and I'd love to see their take on every Marvel character.

Toybiz did their job and in a lot of cases did it well. Nothing Hasbro does can take away from that.

i'd love to see a nice Juggy baf! sentinel would be cool, but i agree that it'd be hard to 1-up the toybiz version.

i also agree with yojoebro82 about "inadequate figures". that is SOOO true! toybiz produced horrible female figures. in retrospect, much of their line is pretty ugly by todays standards, mainly due to thier body format. so many joints...horible joint placement/form. professor X's hips were really bad. i remember a lot of people complaining about hasbro when they removed hand/finger articulation and some of the knee articulation, but by doing so they improved the overall natural look of the figure. DC has 1-uped them all with their new line. they were able to achieve the best of both worlds, i think.