New Transformers Animated Movie in the Works?

Wheeljack35

Since I don't follow any of the Transformers cartoons these days, as I find them way too kiddy with the crappy faces and stuff... I have no idea how popular they really are.
But I have no doubt that the original 1984-1987 Gen1 series have the biggest fanbase by far.

- It would be a dream for many (me included) if they made a complete reboot of all the 99 episodes in modern age graphics, and of course fix the animation errors that occurred on several ocassions.
That would be some easy cashing for the production company who takes the task of doing this, no doubt the die-hard Gen1 fans will make it an instant buy... I know I would! ;)

This new project was one of the results of a massive writers meeting where, over the course of two weeks, different creative talent pitched Transformers ideas to Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, Paramount, Hasbro, and other head honchos.

I don't entirely know what this statement means, but I would personally hope that any upcoming animated film(s) would wipe the slate clean and not involve the Bay/Spielberg team. They've already got their live action franchise to play with. Time for some new ideas, imo.

I personally would love for G1 to make a comeback.I would love for it to comeback in the years between the end of season 3 and the movie.You have 20 years to fill.

The only problem is it wouldn't be G1 would it? It would be some brain-dead committee's idea of G1, or worse, just another lame wanna-be with the G1 names thrown in to sell toys.

Sad fact, producers today don't have the first idea how to make cartoons like they did when they made Transformers, G.I. Joe, etc., so I don't even want them to try.

• Like 1

I personally would love for G1 to make a comeback.I would love for it to comeback in the years between the end of season 3 and the movie.You have 20 years to fill.

The only problem is it wouldn't be G1 would it? It would be some brain-dead committee's idea of G1, or worse, just another lame wanna-be with the G1 names thrown in to sell toys.

Sad fact, producers today don't have the first idea how to make cartoons like they did when they made Transformers, G.I. Joe, etc., so I don't even want them to try.

Yeah I'm with you on this and send Hasbro has lost alot of the names to the characters like Trailbreaker,Slugde,HOT Rod & Goldbug to name a few. I wouldn't like to see them back in the show unless they got there names back. Also I think it would be hard to get the cars that say Goldbug,Bluestreak,Jazz & Wildrider where back then send both Hasbro and TT have a hard time getting the rights to redo the toys for them. I know that Taraka has the rights for the MP verison but I don't know if they can use them out of the Masterpiece line. So to me I really not looking into it. I do love the G1 series but I fill it is long gone. Also with half of the voices not here anymore like Chris Latta,Buster Jones and Kasey Kasm it be very hard to replace there voices for Cliffjumper,Blaster & Starscream.

Yeah I'm with you on this and send Hasbro has lost alot of the names to the characters like Trailbreaker,Slugde,HOT Rod & Goldbug to name a few. I wouldn't like to see them back in the show unless they got there names back. Also I think it would be hard to get the cars that say Goldbug,Bluestreak,Jazz & Wildrider where back then send both Hasbro and TT have a hard time getting the rights to redo the toys for them. I know that Taraka has the rights for the MP verison but I don't know if they can use them out of the Masterpiece line. So to me I really not looking into it. I do love the G1 series but I fill it is long gone. Also with half of the voices not here anymore like Chris Latta,Buster Jones and Kasey Kasm it be very hard to replace there voices for Cliffjumper,Blaster & Starscream.

Whynot use the generations versions?

If they really wanted to, it wouldn't be hard to make small changes to the vehicle modes to circumvent any copyright issues. I just don't think there's much motivation these days to really "go back" to G1, as cool as it would be for a lot of us. It wouldn't surprise me if they're looking at IDW's continuity though.

Maybe a continuation of the G1 Universe? The new transforms would be expected.It could take place sometime after Beast Machines

I wouldn't mine if it took place before Beast Wars or just before Beast Wars to fine out what happen to all the Autobots why they leave Cybertron and leave it for the Maximals & Preacons?

This new project was one of the results of a massive writers meeting where, over the course of two weeks, different creative talent pitched Transformers ideas to Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, Paramount, Hasbro, and other head honchos.

I don't entirely know what this statement means, but I would personally hope that any upcoming animated film(s) would wipe the slate clean and not involve the Bay/Spielberg team. They've already got their live action franchise to play with. Time for some new ideas, imo.

yup.....I'm not a big fan of BayBerg....or SpielBay......Sounds like some bro's got together & watched old G1 episodes & threw a bunch of crap in the pot to see what doesn't stink....

Maybe a continuation of the G1 Universe? The new transforms would be expected.It could take place sometime after Beast Machines

I wouldn't mine if it took place before Beast Wars or just before Beast Wars to fine out what happen to all the Autobots why they leave Cybertron and leave it for the Maximals & Preacons?

I had assumed it was after Micromasters when they shrunk in size because of the lack of energon.Makes sense since they are about people size.

• 3 months later...

Has anybody heard anything new about that Machinima Combiner Wars cartoon? Last I heard anything was back in October. since then nothing and the CW line has just about played itself out.

If they're gonna role the thing, they might wanna pick up the pace.