Episode 7 toys thread

yojoebro82

I was talking about the 3 3/4 Phasma, I almost dread taking out any of the old Storm Troopers or Clone Troopers and seeing how tall they are compared to the First Order Troopers.

They're all in scale with each other. Haven't taken my Phasma out yet so I don't know about her...

2015-10-26%2018.55.04_zpssklaozys.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a quick question. I've only bought two figures so far, a Capt Phasma a couple weeks ago and a First Order Stormtrooper lastnight. Is Hasbro's scale all over the place or is there a reason Phasma is like 1/2 inch taller (and in general a much bigger figure) than the Stormtrooper? I couldn't tell in any of the trailers if she's jus taller or what, just seemed strange to me.

15459-26745.gif

"That's a huge ____!"

Got a quick question. I've only bought two figures so far, a Capt Phasma a couple weeks ago and a First Order Stormtrooper lastnight. Is Hasbro's scale all over the place or is there a reason Phasma is like 1/2 inch taller (and in general a much bigger figure) than the Stormtrooper? I couldn't tell in any of the trailers if she's jus taller or what, just seemed strange to me.

So basically, you're asking . . .

post-6101-0-13303400-1445967188_thumb.jpg

"Aren't you a little TALL for a Stormtrooper?"

I was talking about the 3 3/4 Phasma, I almost dread taking out any of the old Storm Troopers or Clone Troopers and seeing how tall they are compared to the First Order Troopers. Didn't realize see was so tall or at least it didn't register.

I wasn't planning on getting any of the 5 POA stuff, but I was needing to buy something and since they are relatively cheap (or cheaper) I just bought those. I'm really waiting for the Walmart exclusive figure, but they aren't coming out until December.

The person playing Phasma tall.

Speaking of, got our Black Series Phasma fix for my friends and I thanks to Kmart and Gamestop.

• 2 months later...

Nice job on the Finn Stormtrooper. In scale with the regular Finn, neat bloody helmet detail, and they even gave us a slightly different facial expression.

I think the Finn/Poe Tie fighter escape is on it's way to becoming a new classic SW scene.

http://thefwoosh.com/2016/01/hasbro-star-wars-black-series-finn-as-stormtrooper

In little guy news, Nein Nunb, unmasked Kylo, and a geared-up Stormtrooper are on the way.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/High_Resolution_Hasbro_The_New_The_Force_Awakens_Action_Figures_167480.asp

And since I'm here: While the wife has not officially drawn the line on Hot Toys stuff, she's made it known she's not too thrilled with me buying them. But dang, this HT Rey looks sweet!

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hot_Toys_MMS336_The_Force_Awakens_16th_Scale_Rey_Collectible_Figure_Update_167507.asp

Nice job on the Finn Stormtrooper. In scale with the regular Finn, neat bloody helmet detail, and they even gave us a slightly different facial expression.

I think the Finn/Poe Tie fighter escape is on it's way to becoming a new classic SW scene.

http://thefwoosh.com/2016/01/hasbro-star-wars-black-series-finn-as-stormtrooper

In little guy news, Nein Nunb, unmasked Kylo, and a geared-up Stormtrooper are on the way.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/High_Resolution_Hasbro_The_New_The_Force_Awakens_Action_Figures_167480.asp

And since I'm here: While the wife has not officially drawn the line on Hot Toys stuff, she's made it known she's not too thrilled with me buying them. But dang, this HT Rey looks sweet!

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hot_Toys_MMS336_The_Force_Awakens_16th_Scale_Rey_Collectible_Figure_Update_167507.asp

I, personally, would advise against Hot Toys figures.

Don't get me wrong, Hot Toys figures are incredible to look at, but they are not very durable.

I have owned MANY 12" Hot Toys figures throughout the years and have had a lot of quality control issues. Everything from buttons falling off, guns snapping, hand and foot pegs breaking, rings inside the necks coming out... etc.

I have made a vow to never buy another one after so many problems. I have sold all of mine except my '89 Keaton Batman, but I don't touch him because I just know that after a while, that rubber body suit is going to rip.

I just think that figures that cost anywhere from $200 to $400 should be much more durable. If you ever do buy any, handle them with kid gloves and treat them more like a piece of art than an action figure.

I found "Old Man Han" at my local Walmart tonight.

It looks like I am up against an old foe... It seems like every 6" Black figure I find nowadays has their packaging all beat to hell... EXACTLY like the same kind of incidence I ran into during the original "Power of the Force" line...

Some old lady was buying what MOC or MIB she could afford, and then leaving the rest all beat to hell and dying (at her own hand so anyone wanting MOC or MIB would have to buy at her flea market booth) on the shelf.

My Han Solo's box was ripped and crushed to the point almost no one would buy it.

I buy one to keep in box and one loose, so I was quick to add Han to my loose collection...

I guess I will have to wait.. when, and IF, I see it on the pegs again to add a MIB to my collection.

As far as Hot Toys go, I own one (Reeve Superman) and I basically do treat it as a statue. I find a new pose for him every once in a while but he gets very little handling. Thankfully I don't find myself too tempted by HT figures. Just a couple more iconic figures are on my radar like Keaton Batman, maybe an Iron Man to represent Marvel/the Avengers. If I were to choose one to represent SW , it probably wouldn't be Rey even if I do like the character and the figure.

As far as people who intentionally destroy figure boxes in the store, they continue to remain the lowest of the low form of fanboy. I'm sure some actually think they're one-upping the scalper, some are probably just doing it to be a duche bag. Either way, they can all get a life and quit destroying property that isn't theirs.

• 4 weeks later...

Set up all of my TFA 3.75 figures!

So I've basically decided to go super articulated with my main characters and 5poa for the background dudes. Honestly, if I had to pick one SA it would be Rey. This figure has a high fun factor, mostly because of the interchangeable headgear.

2016-02-09%2019.58.57_zpsu8nzcsqu.jpg

She doesn't come with a lightsaber. Fortunately there are about 3 million in existence.

2016-02-09%2020.24.12_zpsb4np6klr.jpg

Scavengers!

2016-02-09%2020.25.32_zpsudzgycqt.jpg

If you read the back of the package for these two, they've actually have a pretty fun back story as far as background characters go.

2016-02-09%2019.58.42_zpsqpq80vui.jpg

If you aren't one of the fanboys still butthurt over 5poa, I highly recommend the Amazon exclusive troop builder pack. I just love the look of these TFA troopers.

2016-02-09%2020.29.39_zpsvcyccbs1.jpg

2016-02-09%2019.57.56_zpsgpbsnujn.jpg

Poe, director's best friend, and the alien equivalent of Jek Porkins.

2016-02-09%2020.29.13_zpszxqtbya2.jpg

So my Guavian's arm was stuck and I forced it too much. Knee-jerk reaction is, "Take it back". Then I thought: "Arm. Socket. Arm OUT of socket......hmmmm....."

2016-02-09%2020.45.34_zpsqib4yvmq.jpg

Maz Katana is coming in 3.75" in this multipack.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/2016/Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Takadona-Encounter-3.75-inch-Multipack-021216-002.jpg

Figure looks really nice and while it is too bad you have to rebuy figures to get her, I will say there are some real hurt feelings out in the geek community over this set. First of all, people are ready to crucify Hasbro for labeling this a "playset" instead of a multipack. Then you have people calling this an "all new low", as if packing a new figure in with a few old ones isn't something that's been in practice since 1995.

They're just toys, guys.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Amazon is having a Prime Sale for this 4 pack of Star Wars Black Troop builder set....I would bite but I just spent my money on the Movie avengers 4 pack....$48 bucks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011EG5DG4/ref=gbps_img_m-5_c722_2ee1bd16?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=befd7e4e-db39-4a3b-8c7a-595fb8a4c722&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=13887280011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=NC8BXSK5GZ5EXCFQW918

Yup it's hitting all around JR..last weekend & the weekend before, I was spotting Old Man Hans & Phasmas out in the wild, not to mention the Flame & Snow Troopers galore...if your not finding anything at Terget or Wahmart, Walgreens is holding too....I even spotted an Ahsoka at Walgreen's...put her back she had some paint issues.....

• 2 months later...

How come we never got a Luke figure from this line?

From what I've read, I don't believe Hasbro saw Luke until the film was released, so the figure is still in the works

Maybe. But then Hot Toys was able to render a 12" premium format figure and show it to the public. Puzzling.

I don't know if anyone knows this but I've come across reissues of the regular BS Rey but with the improved paint and the inclusion of the blue lightsaber. Now I'm glad I ended up missing out on her at the time when the movie came out and it sure feels good that I never succumbed to scalper prices all this time.