Who's finding the new GI Joes at TRU?

yojoebro82

I finally found an Alpine 2 pack....I really only wanted it for the Shocktrooper....but I just didn't see spending $20 for one fig....I have few already...& the Rock Viper looked kinda of thrown together...Alpine's eyes were crooked...no wonder he was still sitting there...waiting for Zook's to save him or yell at him...

• 3 months later...

Well, I went looking yesterday for Joes at TRU for the first time in a really long time...they were sold out, and I had a real hankering for them. So what did I do? I came home, got online, and I found them for ten bucks per two-pack on their website, with free shipping to boot. I got the Spirit/Storm Shadow and Shipwreck/Cobra Commander sets, and I can't wait to get them. It's been a really long time since I've bought any Joes...

I wish I had something to buy. I've been sticking to 4" lines , but they're all gone. Haven't bought any Joes since last fall. Picked up a Superior Iron Man a earlier this month and a couple of Marauder Task Force figures (great line of figures). Im at the point where I hate going to any of the stores and not finding anything I want.

I feel your pain....nothing but the same stuff....no love for Joes....even the 50th ann. stuff is mostly repaints....I'm burnt though.....C'mon Hasslebro I need re-issued GI Joe Whale!...

Yeah...I said that about the Vamp Mark II GD, and it quickly became an expensive rarity that I still don't own. (lol) I never did see it at retail...or was it a convention exclusive?

Yeah...I said that about the Vamp Mark II GD, and it quickly became an expensive rarity that I still don't own. (lol) I never did see it at retail...or was it a convention exclusive?

Wasn't it both? One in the newer paint scheme, and the convention one in the more original paint scheme? And to think, I couldn't justify sending $30 on the set at the time when there were 10 or them on the shelves at my local TRU. Now I can't even find them anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

So, my TRU restocked their Joes. The Outnumbered three packs were all there. They were listed at 19.99, which wasn't bad. When I went to pay for the Alpine one, it rang up 12.98. So, you might want to check out your local TRU if you are still interested in these.

I am going back today to see what the two packs ring up. They're marked 9.99, but you never know. I really don't need any of the two packs, even though 9.99 is a great price for two considering we've paid close to that for just one in the past.

9.99 is a great price for two considering we've paid close to that for just one in the past.

Heck, ONE Star Wars figure of equal articulation now costs $13. For GI Joes we get two for $10?

Someone has to explain this price goug.....I mean, pricing practice to me on the part of Hasbro. I get GI Joe isn't nearly as popular as Star Wars but popularity doesn't factor in to the actual cost of building a figure. Why would building one Star Wars figure cost any more or less than building one GI Joe?

Oh well, once Joe is completely gone from the shelves, I guess it won't matter.

9.99 is a great price for two considering we've paid close to that for just one in the past.

Heck, ONE Star Wars figure of equal articulation now costs $13. For GI Joes we get two for $10?

Someone has to explain this price goug.....I mean, pricing practice to me on the part of Hasbro. I get GI Joe isn't nearly as popular as Star Wars but popularity doesn't factor in to the actual cost of building a figure. Why would building one Star Wars figure cost any more or less than building one GI Joe?

Oh well, once Joe is completely gone from the shelves, I guess it won't matter.

I don't think they really take into account the cost to make a figure when coming up with a price. I think it is more about what is in the public eye. I remember the figures that were out when the Joe movies were playing were at least $10 each in most cases. I also think Hasbro takes into account the amount of money they had to pay to keep using the Star Wars license. GI Joe is a home grown IP that they don't have to pay to use the rights to.

I'm just taking advantage of it now to catch up on some Joes I missed out on during my hiatus from the line. Getting Alpine, another Shock Trooper, and my first Rock Viper seemed like a dream for only $13. I would have paid the regular $20 for those three and considered them a value. I also got the one with Hit n Run and Torpedo (who I didn't have yet) and Zartan (which is much better than the one I currently have) for the same low price of $13. So, 6 guys that will be a welcome addition to my collection for less than $30 is pretty amazing in my eyes.