"DC's Legends of Tomorrow"

featofstrength

http://enewsi.com/television/191-28388.html

"Legends of Tomorrow stars Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who) as Rip Hunter, alongside Victor Garber (The Flash, Alias) as Martin Stein; Brandon Routh (Arrow, Superman Returns) as Ray Palmer/The Atom, Ciarra Renee (Pippin) as Hawkgirl; Franz Drameh (Edge of Tomorrow) as Jay Jackson; Dominic Purcell (The Flash, Prison Break) as Mick Rory/Heat Wave and Wentworth Miller (The Flash, Prison Break) as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold. Also in the cast is Caity Lotz from Arrow, with the exact nature of her role still being kept a secret – though there are plenty of theories out there (along with a few spy pics of Lotz filming) regarding Sara Lance returning in one form or another and how that might occur."

a twentysomething African-American male that unexpectedly gains superpowers and will be the one throwing out quips during team battles

How original!

HA! You called it.

Sorry, I'm a little wearry of this one.

Captain Cold is phenomenal on Flash. I love when he's on screen, his villainy is perfectly portrayed (see last night's episode), he's a scene stealer. I also don't necessarily want to see him on a regular basis. I want to be excited when they use him again and I'm afraid getting him week after week will diminish his coolness. Much like how overexposure has killed interest in many a cool comic book character. Or how Star Trek overused the Borg to the point where seeing them became no big deal.

They also need to give Atom his proper powers before I can get too excited about him.

There will also be too many superhero shows next season. Too many for me to keep up with, at least. I'm going to have to let some of them pass and this one looks like a candidate.

I'll watch this for sure.

Flash will be a must watch and I'll probably stay up on Arrow.

I will check out Supergirl.

I've lost interest in Gotham and have never gotten into Agents of Sheild.

Agent Carter is another one that I will watch.

a twentysomething African-American male that unexpectedly gains superpowers and will be the one throwing out quips during team battles

How original!

HA! You called it.

Sorry, I'm a little wearry of this one.

Captain Cold is phenomenal on Flash. I love when he's on screen, his villainy is perfectly portrayed (see last night's episode), he's a scene stealer. I also don't necessarily want to see him on a regular basis. I want to be excited when they use him again and I'm afraid getting him week after week will diminish his coolness. Much like how overexposure has killed interest in many a cool comic book character. Or how Star Trek overused the Borg to the point where seeing them became no big deal.

They also need to give Atom his proper powers before I can get too excited about him.

There will also be too many superhero shows next season. Too many for me to keep up with, at least. I'm going to have to let some of them pass and this one looks like a candidate.

I've found Snart's scenery chewing kind of annoying. Every time he's on I feel like I'm watching a bad Kevin Spacey movie.

90% of my issues with Ted-Ray would disappear if they would dump the dorky rich-guy schtick and let Routh do some acting. In the few scenes where his character is actually given some gravitas, he's actually pretty good, maybe even one of the better actors on Arrow.

I'll admit it tends to eat up the DVR space, but if there was room on TV for 3 CSIs, 3 NCISs, and God in Heaven knows how many Law & Orders, over the years, then there's more than enough room for all the comic book/superhero programming they can make. As long as the quality is there, bring 'em on!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn't exactly call 15 episodes a "mini" series. For one thing, its two episodes more than the standard 13 episode deal most fledgling shows start out with. In any case, I can't say the short order wasn't expected, neither was the mid-season bow.

Its one thing to want to cash in on superheroes, but most networks will get a little gun-shy and draw up short of the point where they think they'll be dubbed the "Superhero Channel."

Apparently being dubbed the dysfunctional family sitcom channel, the cheesy legal drama channel, or the cookie-cutter police procedural channel doesn't have the same effect.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a new promo out featuring Captain Cold, the "villain turned hero." @bs@

Seriously, he's gonna be a hero now. After countless off-screen robberies, murdering his own father, kidnapping and crippling Cisco's brother, leaving Caitlyn to die tied to an incendiary bomb, blackmailing Barry to destroy all evidence against him, and tricking Barry into freeing all the meta-criminals he'd captured while killing the crew of an aircraft in the process?

See, there's nothing I love to see in a superhero series more than realistic character development. @rolleye@

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...