JoeCon 2015 Day 3: Hasbro G.I.Joe Product Press Images & Info

The Wire

I thought Hasbro wasn't going to be at the con this year? Well, it's nice that we are being thrown some bones and even though there's a lot I"ll probably pass on, seeing GI Joe in stores at even a small level is good.

I won't need any of the vehicle sets or any of the MASS device rereleases. I was one of the lucky few that got it the first time around (though I did overpay for it on ebay). Glad some people will be able to get their Alpine. Never really cared if we got red Crockmaster or Green Blowtorch.

Really looking forward to the Gung Ho and probably the Vanishing Act 3 pack. That's probably all I'll need.

I like a lot of stuff, ie the Skystriker but the only thing I am jumping up and down for is the Gung Ho. After that maybe the Blowtorch as I like him in green. The rest will be passes for me. I sad that we did not get a Vault v1 Duke. Want him the most. :/

Draven

I like what I see here. There are some really nice products (mixed in with some easy passes). The Gung-Ho / Shadow Crimson Guard pack is obviously a must get. I also really like Storm Shadow (based on my favorite version), Zartan, Torpedo, and the weird red Croc Master. I'm debating the Orange Hiss / Skystriker set because I like the figures, although I don't have room for another Skystriker and don't like that Hiss. I really don't like the gaudy blue Snow Cat and wish it didn't come with Chuckles. And I'm just scratching my head as to why they're releasing that awful screaming Duke again. I'm predicting that it's going to peg warm hard.

And I'm just scratching my head as to why they're releasing that awful screaming Duke again. I'm predicting that it's going to peg warm hard.

He was part of the MASS device set that came with Alpine and back in the day, people got shafted on that whole set. Of course with this rerelease, they took Alpine OUT and put him with another set. That along with no MASS piece means this set is the guaranteed peg warmer of the whole wave.

Looking forward to the Duke and Alpine sets so I can finish up my animated Joes. Not sure who at Hasbro thought Gung Ho and Leatherneck were supposed to be giants, but it must be the same genius who thought Spirit and Storm Shadow needed a "vs." set.

In any case, some stuff leaves me cold, but it is nice to be able to say "I want that!" when talking about retail G.I. Joe again.

Looks like a lot of repaints & saved money......if your starting to collect Joes this late in the game this is a great time to start.....however if you;ve been w/Joe since the game got restarted or never left.....you may be thinking WTF?.....I'm prolly gonna pick up a GungHo & some more of the Trooper builder (SteelB/IronG) sets & maybe at least an Alpine set only cause I want some Shock Troopers....I was lucky enough to buy an Alpine in the DVD pack. I still have an extra one in storage I guess it'll be moot at this point....I dunno I always wanted to trade it off for an SDCC exclusive Transformers Vs Gi joe Pack.....guess it's too late now...I'm not too blown away by all these offerings but at least they'll have Joes at retail till the 3rd movie is released....Dog knows what we'll get by then....I was kind of hoping we'd get some more reissues of the smaller vehicles like the DevilFish or some others....I'm kinda glad they don't have much cause Marvel Legends & Star Wars Black have been eating up all my moneys so far this year.....

I honestly don't know what to think. I'm not disappointed, but not thrilled either. It was a given that we would get Storm Shadow and Gung Ho after getting Leatherneck and Destro last year. The choice of figures and vehicles leaves a lot to be desired. This will be the fourth and Fifth reuse of the Skystriker mold in five years. The colors for Bazooka and Hit and Run are strange. The choice of re-releasing Alpine is great, but why release that Duke, CC and Trooper again? Also the fact that they are releasing so may of the same figures as the Joe Club has this year is strange (granted it may be different versions of the character). Getting another version of the Snow Cat this year after getting the new HAVOC from the club last year is stupid (Hasbro needs to think about it a bit more and BTW I'm calling for them to re-release the Tomahawk next year). And do we really need another version of the HISS? All is all I'm just very Meh!

Now for something I don't think I've seen discussed anywhere, 2016. There is no way movie #3 is getting released next year unless they speed it through production. Which mean no new stuff next year and we have basically gotten everything from the concept cases that fans have been yelling for. So next year I think we'll hear a lot of disappointed fans.

Now for something I don't think I've seen discussed anywhere, 2016. There is no way movie #3 is getting released next year unless they speed it through production. Which mean no new stuff next year and we have basically gotten everything from the concept cases that fans have been yelling for. So next year I think we'll hear a lot of disappointed fans.

True no one is in any rush to get GI Joe 3 made and we certainly won't see it next year, but I don't think that means there won't be some figures. Your prediction for GI Joe in 2016 reminds me a lot of GI Joe in 2015. No one thought we'd see new product this year either.

I predict we will, in fact, get some new Joe stuff next year and it will be the same situation. Repaints and reissues trickling out to the hard core fans via TRU. Some hits, some misses just like this year and the last.

Also...I can't believe no one has pointed this out....no new Snake Eyes figures this year??? Unbelievable!

I predict we will, in fact, get some new Joe stuff next year and it will be the same situation. Repaints and reissues trickling out to the hard core fans via TRU. Some hits, some misses just like this year and the last.

That would be just fine with me. I think Hasbro has a plan here. If what's coming this year is any indication, I think we'll continue to see a gradual increase in the TRU offerings. I think Hasbro will then go on to use TRU as a springboard to get Joe back at full retail just as they did back in the late '90's-early 2000s. Of course it won't be next year, maybe not even the year after that, but I see it happening.

If they can just keep the movies from schmucking things up again.

That would be just fine with me. I think Hasbro has a plan here. If what's coming this year is any indication, I think we'll continue to see a gradual increase in the TRU offerings. I think Hasbro will then go on to use TRU as a springboard to get Joe back at full retail just as they did back in the late '90's-early 2000s. Of course it won't be next year, maybe not even the year after that, but I see it happening.

If they can just keep the movies from schmucking things up again.

It would be fine with me too. And yeah, keep using TRU (as long as the one 5 min away from me doesn't close). It's the brick 'n mortar savior for the GI Joe fan.

I like what I see here. There are some really nice products (mixed in with some easy passes). The Gung-Ho / Shadow Crimson Guard pack is obviously a must get. I also really like Storm Shadow (based on my favorite version), Zartan, Torpedo, and the weird red Croc Master. I'm debating the Orange Hiss / Skystriker set because I like the figures, although I don't have room for another Skystriker and don't like that Hiss. I really don't like the gaudy blue Snow Cat and wish it didn't come with Chuckles. And I'm just scratching my head as to why they're releasing that awful screaming Duke again. I'm predicting that it's going to peg warm hard.

That looks to be a Croc Master based on the Python Patrol theme... Not bad.

The one that I can not pass in my stomach is Spirit... Because it doesn't remind me to the original nor the 90's version.

GPM in ICT: According to JoeBattleLines, the blue versions of Dusty and Bazooka are suppose to be Night Patrol versions of the characters. Me personally, if I hadn't already gotten the Retaliation version of Firefly from the 3 Pack as my default Firefly, I would of mainly wanted this set for the Firefly figure, as I also don't have a Bazooka figure, and the Dusty in blue I would of been okay with because of the Night Patrol theme(The Valour V.S. Venom Dusty is still my default Dusty figure). Here's the link from JoeBattleLines for more info:

- http://joebattlelines.com/2015/04/12/joe-con-2015-hasbro-three-packs-revealed/

Over all, some good stuff all around, regardless if you have the stuff or not. For 2014's 50th Anniversary line, there was only like 2 figure sets I really wanted, with the Arctic Vehicle set being sort of a Maybe.

For 2015, I think I'm going to want almost all the figure 2 packs, the Zartan 3 Pack, and the Desert Vehicle set being a Huge Maybe for me(Especially for the AWE Stalker and Chuckles figure). Though I could probably do without repaint of the Snow Cat. Having said that, I will admit I like the colours of the repainted Snow Cat. When I 1st saw the pic, I thought it was some variant H.I.S.S tank until I got a closer look or I read someone pointing it out.

I will admit, I really do like the deco for both the Joe and the SDCC Cobra versions of the Skystalker. Of course, as a guy who prefers the Conquest, I would of preferred the Conquest for the Joes, but if I decide to get the Skystalker for the Joes, I will probably get this version. I will say though that I wish they did the vehicles separately instead of being part of a V.S. pack. What can you do.

I do wish the Spirit figure from the 2 pack came with either Freedom The Bald Eagle, or Billy The Falcon(From Sigma 6). Still getting it, as I finally have a very good looking Spirit Figure, along with Version 2 Storm Shadow. And in Hasbro's defence, not too many of the Spirit figures in the past did come with a bird at all.

I will defently get the Iron Grenadier V.S. Steele Brigade 2 Pack if the Iron Grenadier has the City Strike Camo deco that the original POC version had(I can't tell from the pics). If no City Camo, then I'm going to pass on it. Of course, if I get luckily and get the POC version at a decent price before this 2 pack comes out, I'll probably end up passing it. Part of me hopes that the Brigade figure will be slightly different than the pervious releases(Other than the Gold 50th Anniversary Star), like a different colour hood or something. But if not, not a major deal.

I do secretly hope that this will lead to POC City Strike Destro figure getting re-released in a 2 pack in the near future. Those Grenadiers need that version of Destro leading them. What can you do.

The Black Cobra Commander is really cool, and is a repaint that I was expecting. I am surprised though with the red added to it, especially on the cape, boots, gloves, and the Hooded head. I actually like the red as it adds a bit of Flare to it. Having said that, I do wish the Hooded head and cape was Black, so that it would match the suit more, especially since the Dollar General Single Joe figures never arrived in Canada(As far as I know). The Shipwreck us actually nice, and I won't mind it eventhough I already have 2 Shipwrecks(1 from the 25th Comic Book 2 Pack, and the Rise Of Cobra version). I could see the body being use for Rock N Roll in the future, as I probably secretly prefer it was him. However, as Shipwreck here, it is still good, and different enough from pervious releases.

Really happy that the Unreleased POC variants of Blowtorch and Croc Master are finally being released, and in a 2 pack together makes sense, eventhough I still think that this Blowtorch should of been used for last year's V.S. Heat Viper 2 pack. I might end up using the Blowtorch as a different character instead of a altered costume. We'll see once I get him. The Python Patrol Croc Master is what I really wanted and have been waiting for since the POC line.

I might actually skip the Gung Ho 2 pack. I'm actually okay with the 25th Anniversary from the Comic Book 2 Pack I got. And the Black Crimson Guard is neat too, but I don't need it. I wonder if it will come with the Rank Stickers or not, like the Retaliation Crimson Guard? Of course, I might change my mind once I see the set in person, but right now, I don't plan on getting it.

The Zartan 3 pack is the only 3 pack I really want, need, and/or am interested in. Zartan is the main star(And will serve as my default Zartan figure from here on out. Especially like how he has a shirt underneath his armour), while Hit And Run is also very good. I like the Torpedo as well.

Might consider the Rock Rampage 3 Pack now having a closer look at it, however I'm not sure if I really want it. While I already got a Cobra Shock Trooper, having another one doesn't hurt, and I don't have the Rock Viper. Alpine however(The one that just about everyone is going to want), I'm not sure if I really want it, eventhough it is a very good figure. I think it's because I wish the Unreleased POC Arctic Alpine figure with the Mech Suit got released, as I really did like the look of that version of Alpine.

Everything else is still neat or cool, but I don't personally need.

Me personally, I'm okay with mostly repaints. After all, Joe is currently only a TRU and Online Exclusive line at this time. Add in the fact they are still releasing some Concept Case stuff, as well as re-releasing some super hard to find or never was release stuff, and it kind of helps out and adds a slight bit of freshness to the line.