DC Collectibles Announces Classic DC Icon 6" Figures

The Wire

Looks good but will they make this line for the long haul?

Or will it be a few series and that's it?

Some of the accessories are enough for me not to care. I want that treadmill, Supes' bot, Lantern armor...

Yes, the Flash will be a must have for me.

I had a sizeable DC Direct Collection before DCUC came out. I waited to see how far and how long DCUC would go before I unloaded my DC Direct Figures. I will probably do the same here. I just hope that they don't have the same QC issues that DCUC had or that BTAS is having now.

I don't have any real problem with my Mattel figures. They delivered all the classic characters I need. Their business practice, especially in the later days of the line, were complete BS. But in the early days of DCUC, when they would just shut up and sell toys at retail, it was all good. I'm OK with the final product. I'm not looking to replace what I got.

But I'm a sucker for alternate heads and hands. It's sounding like that's going to be a regular part of this line. Can I keep it to just buying one or two figures without opening the flood gates? History has shown that to be a problem for me.

Yes! This is where never getting into DCUC and being loyal to DC Direct pays off. All of these look great, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern(can't have enough Hal Jordans), Aquaman are so bought maybe even Batman, it sucks that Mr. Miracle is not the classic Rasta look but can't win them all. I just hope the QC has improved.

Haha probably. These look like the DC Legends we have been wanted DC Direct to make all along. While the Mattel figures filled that void, they were a little out of scale with the legends, and the DCUC figures themselves sometimes left you wanting for more (especially the head sculpts). Hopefully, this new line is ever so slightly smaller than the DCUC figures for a truer six inch scale. However, even if it is DCUC scale, there is no denying that most of these versions look better than their DCUC counterparts. Furthermore, we never got that modern blue and grey Batman, which is what I'm most excited about.

While most of these are redos of existing characters, the possibility exists for characters that Mattel never got around to being made in this new line(Conner Hawke, Kyle Rayner, Aztek, etc). Since these aren't at mass retail like Mattel's offerings, the character selection may not be constricted in the same way it was for the DC Universe line.

The only thing that upsets me about this news is that I was trying to cut back on figures. But between this line, the torrent of new Marvel Legends, Mezco's Mortal Kombat and 1:12 lines, NECA, and Funko's recently acquired licenses (Fallout and Skyrim!!), I might be spending more than ever.

there is no denying that most of these versions look better than their DCUC counterparts. Furthermore, we never got that modern blue and grey Batman, which is what I'm most excited about.

I'm not convinced I'm going to like the DCC Aquaman better than my Mattel Aquaman. I'm a big fan of that figure. Also, Mattel did do that blue/grey Batman when the line was called DC Superheroes.

I have the DCUC versions of most of these guys, and frankly I just don't see anything here that would make me want to rush out and buy them again. Maybe if they do a couple of figures Mattel never got around to then we can do business.

I do think its great that DCC is taking up the considerable slack left by Mattel.

I have the DCUC versions of most of these guys, and frankly I just don't see anything here that would make me want to rush out and buy them again. Maybe if they do a couple of figures Mattel never got around to then we can do business.

I agree for the most part. I want to see what the alternate head for Superman looks like. Maybe that will sway me on that figure.

If we got never before seen versions of the really important characters-like a modern Lois Lane-then I'm there! (We get Felicity Smoak...yet modern Lois has never been done?)

Wow... Does DC allow Mattel to retain the DC license out of pity??

So Mattel can make crappy 5 point kids toys

Really? To talk to Mattel, you would'nt think they made anything but He-Man toys.

And Monster High dolls, and they should really hold on to those. These already look better than anything Mattel released imo and Diamond Select is coming out with some great looking Ghostbusters figures so He-Man and WWE is pretty much what they have left.

Wow... Does DC allow Mattel to retain the DC license out of pity??

So Mattel can make crappy 5 point kids toys

Really? To talk to Mattel, you would'nt think they made anything but He-Man toys.

And Monster High dolls, and they should really hold on to those. These already look better than anything Mattel released imo and Diamond Select is coming out with some great looking Ghostbusters figures so He-Man and WWE is pretty much what they have left.

Mattel could have easily been putting out New 52 toys but they want to stick to their "Superhero toys can't sell at retail" lie.

Meanwhile Hasbro has four Marvel BAF waves on deck for this year...