Sony And Marvel Collaborating!

Nguyen_Dragon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! Step up, Fox! We want all Marvel superheroes on the screen at one time in one big superhero orgy!

Seriously though, it will be fun to see Spidey alongside other Marvel U heroes on the big screen. I wonder how they're going to do it though. Early word is that he'll be in Civil War. I hope they keep in mind that that is allegedly a Captain America movie and not have him be upstaged by a lot of other super types running around. But with Marvel Studio's track record, it's easy to have faith.

Where they go with Spidey though will be interesting. Garfield is out. Are they going to wipe the continuity? Again? That's a lot of reboots in a short amount of time. It will be interesting to see where things go.

I find it interesting that only a couple of movies have been shifted around in the wake of this news. I wonder if either Spidey's potential part in the Civil War and Avengers movies (if any) is so small as to be able to be shoe-horned in without any major upheaval, or if this deal has been brokered for a while, with Spidey already written into the appropriate pictures, and all the "will they/won't they" stuff was just to build up enthusiasm.

In any case, I don't care. Spider-Man is back home! Let the real Marvel movies begin!!!

The news is hours-old. Guess what the PC crowd is already calling for:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/10/8010663/marvel-spider-man-black-miles-morales-peter-parker

I just can't figure the mindset of some people. Eveyone wanted Spider-Man under the Marvel banner at the movies. Now it's happening but it's not enough.

"OK, now in order for us to be really happy, they need to make him black. Because Marvel doesn't need another white Spider-Man".

What do you mean, "another"? Spider-Man was created as a white guy, asshat!

The news is hours-old. Guess what the PC crowd is already calling for:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/10/8010663/marvel-spider-man-black-miles-morales-peter-parker

I just can't figure the mindset of some people. Eveyone wanted Spider-Man under the Marvel banner at the movies. Now it's happening but it's not enough.

"OK, now in order for us to be really happy, they need to make him black. Because Marvel doesn't need another white Spider-Man".

What do you mean, "another"? Spider-Man was created as a white guy, asshat!

Oh boy...here we go again...

It's like the Ghostbusters thing and gender. I didnt realize that there was a small group of people out there that were not enjoying a UNIVERSALLY LOVED property solely on the strength of the writing and strength of character. What a strange hang-up to have.

I'll go back on what I said a little bit because I got off of work and had time to actually read the article (which is always good before forming an opinion :) ).

So basically that author is a Miles Morals fan and wants him in the movie instead.

I have no problem with Morals Spider-Man. If you like him and want to see him on the big screen fine. But he's no Peter Parker. I would assume Marvel wants the Spider-Man for the first time out of the gate. The guy that wrote that article made the headline to read that white Peter Parker wasn't good enough and I would take offense to that. This is a beloved character who has stood and will stand the test of time because of who he is and the choices he makes, not because of his skin color.

There will always be room for Peter Parker at the movies. Really, I think that Peter's character was handled just fine in the McGuire and Garfield versions. It's just that Sony didn't learn from its mistakes in Spider-Man 3 and went ahead and tried to cram 5 different stories into ASM 2. It turned out to be a mess, and now you're talking reboot again. But the character of Peter Parker has nothing to prove. Lee and Ditko created a true classic that can hold any audience and can endure a few bad movie making decisions.

Im so glad Andrew is out on top of the news that Spidey is home. I really could not stand the last Spiderman movie.

Draven

I thought Garfield was one of the only things that worked in Amazing II. I think he had a great take on Spidey, and I hate to see him go.

He needs to be a solo hero.

That'll probably be the whole point of Civil War. I see the heroes divided, with Spidey as a young and conflicted newbie torn between the two factions.

Thats if they put him in that movie and not just in the future Avengers ones.

This is indeed good news it would be beneficial for both companies especially for Sony I just want to point out a few things:

-I don't want Spider Man to join the Avengers team up with them? sure but not join them there's more classic Avengers that either need to appear or developed better(Hawkeye) before we have Spider-Man in the team.

-Best part about this is Keven Feige having some level of creative input in the Spidey Movies.

-It's sad to see Andrew Garfield out he was the best aspect of Amazing Spider Man movies and it looks like they are already looking for replacements: http://www.marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=266&itemid=18560

at least they are not bringing back Tobey McGuire.

-Unless it's for the FF, Galactus and Silver Surfer I don't want a deal between Fox and Marvel keep Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and the X-men on the other side of the fence Marvel is doing more than fine without the X-men.

-I hear the negotiations went something like this:

4383487-8607200258-tumbl.jpg

-As for Asian Spider-Man:

http://www.comicvine.com/spider-man-india/4045-56019/

-http://www.comicvine.com/pavitr-prabhakar/4005-72885/

-I don't want Spider Man to join the Avengers team up with them? sure but not join them there's more classic Avengers that either need to appear or developed better(Hawkeye) before we have Spider-Man in the team.

-Best part about this is Keven Feige having some level of creative input in the Spidey Movies.

If you're talking comics, neither Spider-Man nor Wolverine should be official Avengers. They were only added to the roster to give them more exposure. Movie-wise, I don't care as much. It would just be neat to see them all together.

Feige has done his job well with the Marvel U movies. There's really no down side to this deal. Even if you did like Garfield, chances are high they'll cast someone else that's perfectly capable. People have been waiting for this a long time, it's Spider-Man, they're gonna make sure they get the casting right.

If you're talking comics, neither Spider-Man nor Wolverine should be official Avengers. They were only added to the roster to give them more exposure. Movie-wise, I don't care as much. It would just be neat to see them all together.

Feige has done his job well with the Marvel U movies. There's really no down side to this deal. Even if you did like Garfield, chances are high they'll cast someone else that's perfectly capable. People have been waiting for this a long time, it's Spider-Man, they're gonna make sure they get the casting right.

I didn't mind them in the comics and still don't, I actually own almost all of the New Avengers titles, I actually liked the dynamic that formed between them and it made Wolverine a lot more tolerable, but movies are a different thing entirely and there's a couple reasons of why I don't want it to happen but it is what it is, I was more responding to comments around the net where people are already clamoring for Spidey to join the Avengers in the movies. I can see him appearing in Cap Civil War and in Infinity War but joining the Avengers it's too soon. As for the casting I'll reserve judgement until the final product I was lamenting Garfield being out because I like his interpretation of the character despite the numerous flaws those movies had(especially the second one) but I figured he was out when it was reported that he apparently blamed Sony Execs for the failure of ASM 2.

That'll probably be the whole point of Civil War. I see the heroes divided, with Spidey as a young and conflicted newbie torn between the two factions.

I believe the deal calls for Spidey to be introduced in Civil War, then move on to his own solo project in 2017. Whether he'll actually be in the Avengers is anybody's guess.

I believe the deal calls for Spidey to be introduced in Civil War, then move on to his own solo project in 2017. Whether he'll actually be in the Avengers is anybody's guess.

That;s along the lines of what I read too.

• 2 months later...

Insight into recasting Spider-man. Shoulda shown up for dinner, Garfield. Man, Sony is awful.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/05/01/spider-man-actor-andrew-garfield-got-himself-fired-from-series-by-insulting-sony-chief

Guess he didn't realize how important the meal was going to be.

Insight into recasting Spider-man. Shoulda shown up for dinner, Garfield. Man, Sony is awful.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/05/01/spider-man-actor-andrew-garfield-got-himself-fired-from-series-by-insulting-sony-chief

More internet BS. Everyone knows why Garfield was fired. The movie tanked and Sony wanted to reboot (again). This is Hollywierd, stars have done a lot worse than not show up for dinner without loosing their jobs. Jeez, Christian Bale beat up his own mother!