g1 season 3

Wheeljack35

I saw todays Season 3 Transformers and it was kind of weird seeing Sandstorm transforming into earth vecil. modes when he was never on earth before. The artics really didn't think to well when doing the drawing to him he should of had a Cybertron mode.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw todays Season 3 Transformers and it was kind of weird seeing Sandstorm transforming into earth vecil. modes when he was never on earth before. The artics really didn't think to well when doing the drawing to him he should of had a Cybertron mode.

There was never much thought put into Season 3

There was never much thought put into Season 3

Hey, blame the writer or writers...

Who was in charge of the episodes in question?

I still think overall the main writer did a great for most of the episodes.

Yes I notes that as well as when in the same episdo with Sandstorm they had Bruticus at the computer and he was about the same size as Glavatron and next seen you saw Brawl with Razor claw

This is what I'm talking about

trans_zps2uy8im2i.jpg

I mean Bruticus should of been alot bigger then that.

I resented that season big time when it first aired.I was pissed.All my faves were gone and the stories took place in space..The better stories G1 wise were always earth based it felt more familiar..I have nothing against the Cybertron based epsiodes but the animation was horrendous

aside from the "multi part" episodes, I find any serialization to be more accidental then by intent.

Hmmmmm...I'm pretty sure "Transport to Oblivion" and "Roll for It" from season one back up to each other intentionally. Oblivion ends with Megatron traveling to Cybertron in the space bridge. "Roll for It" begins with Starscream bragging how he is the new Decepticon leader, and Shockwave and Megatron contact him from Cybertron, commenting how he is injured as a result of their recent battle.

I think there are intentional links throughout the season, mostly because it revolves around the space bridge. Are there some eps that defy this continuity? Yes. But it is there.

At least, so says wikipedia:Season 1

"Where the first season primarily functioned episodically but had a general continuity from episode to episode, which thus required they be viewed in a specific order, Season 2 and its syndication goals saw this method of storytelling dropped in favor of single-episode tales mostly without lasting repercussions which could hence be generally watched in any order that networks chose to air them."

aside from the "multi part" episodes, I find any serialization to be more accidental then by intent.

Hmmmmm...I'm pretty sure "Transport to Oblivion" and "Roll for It" from season one back up to each other intentionally. Oblivion ends with Megatron traveling to Cybertron in the space bridge. "Roll for It" begins with Starscream bragging how he is the new Decepticon leader, and Shockwave and Megatron contact him from Cybertron, commenting how he is injured as a result of their recent battle.

I think there are intentional links throughout the season, mostly because it revolves around the space bridge. Are there some eps that defy this continuity? Yes. But it is there.

At least, so says wikipedia:Season 1

"Where the first season primarily functioned episodically but had a general continuity from episode to episode, which thus required they be viewed in a specific order, Season 2 and its syndication goals saw this method of storytelling dropped in favor of single-episode tales mostly without lasting repercussions which could hence be generally watched in any order that networks chose to air them."

your examples kind of make my point.

the links were rather "soft" and short.A line or 2 and thats it.

sure it makes for continuity, but true serialization calls for more impact from 1 story to the next.

"I'm glad there was no series arc. It would have limited our imagination…My shows were all over the map and that's what made it fun. If there had been a grand plan that had to be followed, I might not have been able to do a 'War Dawn' or something as nutty as 'Kremzeek'."

David Wise

I find any serialization to be more accidental then by intent.

@smilepunch@

"I'm glad there was no series arc. It would have limited our imagination…My shows were all over the map and that's what made it fun. If there had been a grand plan that had to be followed, I might not have been able to do a 'War Dawn' or something as nutty as 'Kremzeek'."

And that's why I liked the "soft" continuity that stokovor2000 mentions. They were individual enough to stand alone (for the most part), yet still gave a sense of events that had happened. Season 3 has a bit of this as well, but season 2 consisted of a lot of one-shots, especially the second half, that were clearly meant to intro characters and sell toys.

@smilepunch@

And that's why I liked the "soft" continuity that stokovor2000 mentions. They were individual enough to stand alone (for the most part), yet still gave a sense of events that had happened. Season 3 has a bit of this as well, but season 2 consisted of a lot of one-shots, especially the second half, that were clearly meant to intro characters and sell toys.

I this video David Wise explained a lot about the Rebirth season.

At that time the only focus was just the toy selling point of the cartoon

@smilepunch@

imo, "soft continuity" does not rise to the level of true serialization.

but I guess its better then nothing.

I will never accept them as the creators ,to me it is Primus but I would be for them occupying Cybertron at one time

Anyway all the plots involving the Quintesson were very interesting. I'm amazed that HASBRO never released the G1 Quintesson figures...