The Protectobots

Wheeljack35

I'm watching season 2 of G1 on the former Hub and that episode hit again.The episode The Revenge of Bruticus" was the first appearance of the Protectobots.I remember watching it for the first time those many years years ago thinking who are these guys and did I miss an episode?They all of a sudden just appeared.We never got a back story or anything.Hell the very last epsipde of the true G1 era to me was B.O.T.You would think we would have gotten something but no they end the true run of G1 with some strangers building a robot.True the Protectobots were in it but no back story.

We did see more of them in season 3 First Aid was now the autobot doctor since Ratchet was killed in the shuttle.I don't bother to count season three or anything after the movie as fodder.So even if there was a story there it wouldn't had meant anything.

I'm curious what was your thinking of when you first seen them?

Yeah know what you mean we never know where they came from if Ratchet and Wheeljack had made them or if they came from Cybertron samething you can say with the likes of Cosmos,Tracks,Blizwing and all the other second season Autobots & Decepticons is like when did they get to earth and how. We may got the back store on Omega and the Constuctions but all the others we never did.

Well for me time had passed between seasons 1 and 2.I figured they found there way to earth.But the Protectobots were there like poof Prime waved a magic wand..There were always diffrent stories for some.Like for instance the Dinobots were built on earth and they are cavemen like because the only materials they had to work with at the time was earth based items.

The Stunticons and Areilbots went through vector Sigma..Then the re was the Combaticons.Starscream used the personalities of 5 political prisoners stored there by Megatron.I didn't like of how they all of sudden transformerd from the rusty WW2 vehicles to become Cybertronian

I'm watching season 2 of G1 on the former Hub and that episode hit again.The episode The Revenge of Bruticus" was the first appearance of the Protectobots.I remember watching it for the first time those many years years ago thinking who are these guys and did I miss an episode?They all of a sudden just appeared.We never got a back story or anything.Hell the very last epsipde of the true G1 era to me was B.O.T.You would think we would have gotten something but no they end the true run of G1 with some strangers building a robot.True the Protectobots were in it but no back story.

We did see more of them in season 3 First Aid was now the autobot doctor since Ratchet was killed in the shuttle.I don't bother to count season three or anything after the movie as fodder.So even if there was a story there it wouldn't had meant anything.

Im not sure what you are asking.

Well we did know about the Stunticons and Aerilbots and Combaticons. But the 2 of the Combaticons Onslaught and Blast Off was the confusing to me how they got those new forms from the old WW2 modes like how could Blast Off could change from a plane to a spaceshuttle and samething with Slaught. As for the first season 2 character which where Powerglide and Warpath they just POP up on A Prime Promblem. Where before that epidso it was still all the season 1 characters.

Ok when you saw it for the very first time and seen the Protectobots...Weren't you like.."Who are these guys?"

Well we did know about the Stunticons and Aerilbots and Combaticons. But the 2 of the Combaticons Onslaught and Blast Off was the confusing to me how they got those new forms from the old WW2 modes like how could Blast Off could change from a plane to a spaceshuttle and samething with Slaught. As for the first season 2 character which where Powerglide and Warpath they just POP up on A Prime Promblem. Where before that epidso it was still all the season 1 characters.

I hear you on that.Too me they weren't a combiner team so I accepted them straggling in.I was thinking the same when I watched it this past weekend.How does a ww2 plane get changed into a shuttle.I think with the few episodes they had left they got lazy.

It just hit me maybe with the likes of Powerglide,Tracks,Smokescreen and others they came in Omega and Cosmos when they hear that Prime and the others where on earth.

It just hit me maybe with the likes of Powerglide,Tracks,Smokescreen and others they came in Omega and Cosmos when they hear that Prime and the others where on earth.

That late in season 2 long after we seen the others show up?

OK U got me there I didn't think about that.

Ok when you saw it for the very first time and seen the Protectobots...Weren't you like.."Who are these guys?"

not really.

I already had the toys of the Protectobot when the episode aired.

And I knew I had not missed an episode.

I just figured that they were either going to do a "season 2 character" thing, or that the episodes aired out of order.

Like they did with the episode "aerial assault", that episode featured the first appearance of the combaticons, but it is not their origin episode.

Well we did know about the Stunticons and Aerilbots and Combaticons. But the 2 of the Combaticons Onslaught and Blast Off was the confusing to me how they got those new forms from the old WW2 modes like how could Blast Off could change from a plane to a spaceshuttle and samething with Slaught.

animation short cuts.

we are expected to believe Starscream gave them new forms.

the problem with that thinking is that Powerglide, and many other of the season 2 bots and cons, were said to have been on earth for 4million years.

so they could not have arrived with Omega.

• 3 weeks later...

Ha ha ha yeah, I remember the scene of old WW2 vehicles and planes and then we got some current era combat vehicles... That's what I call Seibertronian power to the max.

It is too bad that we never got to see many battles between Defensor and Bruticus.The Protectobots were the Autobots answer to the Combaticon as the Arielbots were to the Stunticons

Hell I would of once liked to had seen the Dinobots take on the Insecticons

Quest for Survival was a great episode.

I loved all the episode with the Insecticons on it.

Ha ha ha yeah, I remember the scene of old WW2 vehicles and planes and then we got some current era combat vehicles... That's what I call Seibertronian power to the max.

its Cybertronian