When is Doomsday Unleashed going to be shipped?

EvilHayato

Does anyone happen to know when they ship out the Doomsday Unleashed figures? I ordered mine when it first went on sale and have yet to hear anything from them and last I checked on the website it was still processing or something. I know distribution is through digital river so i dont expect amazing service but I would like to know what the deal is since its been over a month now. Has anyone received theirs yet and should I be worried and start causing some commotion over at matty?

first, Mattel said the shipment was delayed coming across the Pacific (sold more than they actually had in stock) and then, they said the strike at the Port of LA that took place in November had things backed up. Now, if you happened to order anything else on Cyber Monday sale, Matty is shipping everything sans Doomsday at no extra cost. Still up in the air when Doomy is going out.

Thanks for the info! I haven't heard anything from anywhere about whats going on. I was suspicious when I didnt see anything in the forum about anyone getting theirs and how they felt about the fig. I havent had to deal with anything from mattel hardly ever but everything I ve heard seems to live up to their name. Hopefully I end up getting my doomsday fig in the long run and not get hosed stating they "lost" my order or some bs like that.

Mattel or rather Digital River has been handling the situation rather poorly. They updated via Facebook telling people Doomsday Unleashed are out of stock and more shipments are coming which is strange wben Mattel have been refusing to do pre-orders

I got an official answer from them about the strike at docks when I emailed Matty asking when I should expect my goods. It should have been the other way around with Mattel keeping customers inform.

Did you all not get Matty's late email explaining the situation?

"Thank you for your recent order, which contained the Doomsday figure. Delivery of Doomsday is currently delayed due to a strike at the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach. The strike ended at the end of November, however, there is still a backup in unloading shipping containers and distributing product. Please know that we are in daily contact with our shipping partners and actively working to get your product to you.

In the meantime, we have begun shipping partial orders without the Doomsday figure, as follows:

Shipment of all December subscription orders

Shipment of all Cyber Monday orders

Shipment of all non-subscription December orders

Doomsday will then be shipped separately, at no additional cost to you, as soon as we receive him. Though this situation is beyond our control, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We realize this doesn't make the situation any easier and want you to know that we are doing everything in our power to get you your order as quickly as possible."

I got my shipment of Cyber Monday figures the day before last, sans Doomsday.

Did you all not get Matty's late email explaining the situation?

"Thank you for your recent order, which contained the Doomsday figure. Delivery of Doomsday is currently delayed due to a strike at the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach. The strike ended at the end of November, however, there is still a backup in unloading shipping containers and distributing product. Please know that we are in daily contact with our shipping partners and actively working to get your product to you.

In the meantime, we have begun shipping partial orders without the Doomsday figure, as follows:

Shipment of all December subscription orders

Shipment of all Cyber Monday orders

Shipment of all non-subscription December orders

Doomsday will then be shipped separately, at no additional cost to you, as soon as we receive him. Though this situation is beyond our control, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We realize this doesn't make the situation any easier and want you to know that we are doing everything in our power to get you your order as quickly as possible."

I got my shipment of Cyber Monday figures the day before last, sans Doomsday.

Dang you got the royal special customer treatment. I got nothing of any kind of notification and was just left in the dark. I wonder if it was because I only ordered the doomsday and nothing else.

Isn't it fitting that their "last DC figure. Ever!" be met with some sort of hickup?

It seems very poetic to end at such a low point...

Its things like this that drives away all their customer base.

Or not.

This has been their MO for years. Years! And fans still do business with them regardless whenever there's new DC or MOTU stuff.

See if this scenario sounds familiar: The fans pay (a lot) for the product, some sort of monkey business happens on Mattel's end, the fans get angry and curse their name, Mattel makes the next "have to have it" action figure, and the cycle repeats.

When Mattel decides they're going to make more DC toys, you'll see the above in action once again.

Its things like this that drives away all their customer base.

Can't deny it. The combination of Matty's patented brand of ineptitude, plus companies like Hasbro, DCC, and even Playmates stepping up their game, have really taken a bite out of their business.

I finally got a confirmation that they shipped my order out. First news I've got from them since black friday. Glad they know how to inform their customers on their F-ups. Anyways, looks like I ll have mine within the next week or so. hooray!

got mine today, too! Happy to say there is nothing wrong, broken, or missing. Been seeing some troubling threads about scuff, chips, and some missing the Superman cape

Wow, I didnt know about people having those kind of problems with theirs. I looked over mine since reading that and I dont really see any real problems aside from the usual small paint scuffs and even that is extremely minor. hopefully those problems are in the minority for everyone else.