7" Michael Keaton Batman Movie Figure

The Wire

"Despite the fact we were all told that NECA wouldn't be able to do a regular version 7" Michael Keaton Batman movie figure based on the sculpt they used for the 8-Bit video game version due to licensing conflicts, it looks like NECA found away to make it happen anyway. "

Hey, kind of like Mattel's Doomsday!

Is this some kind of new BS tactic in the industry?

"Well we can't give you the figure you really want so you might as well go and spend money on the next best thing because that's all you're going to get."

"Remember that figure we told you you were never going to get? Well after waiting to sell through all the runner up versions that were going to sell, we decided we CAN make the version you really wanted. It's great news for the fans!"

*edit* Regardless of my bitching, I just bought this item http://www.ebay.com/itm/261669651235?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This figure came as a surprise for me as well. I suspect that NECA and WB worked out a loop hole to give out this special "Kenner" version as a promotional item instead of a product for sale so they are able get it made. Because until Mattel gives up on the DC license we won't see other companies making 6" scale DC comics movies figures. I think Mezco got away by offer 6" fabric costume figures.

• 2 weeks later...

Woohoo!

Time to hit up TRU if you want the non-NES version of Michael Keaton Batman!

3Ay7fSP.jpg

1JpvJGk.jpg

6LXREza.jpg

My closest store got one case and there were ten bundles. There's a sticker on the package clearly stating you can only buy the figure with the Blu-ray, though their computer rings up the figure but not the Blu-ray so I expect some locals won't realize it. It's 25 for the set.

He looks good. He's a bit more rubbery compared to previous NECA figures I've bought like Robocop, Terminator and Predator figures.

-WARNING- the first one I bought and opened had his leg snap off at the knee because the joint was stuck. I exchanged him and the second one was better though all the joints are still very stiff.

I ' m pretty sure mine came in the mail today but I was at work and missed him. I paid full price which is a bummer because I don't really need the blu Ray. Hoping there are no q c issues with him because exchanging would be a big hassle.

Can't wait to get him set up next to dc collectibles Arrow.

Yeah, $30 before shipping. I took it in the chute for this one but I just didn't want to chance it. It my prove to be the right move if they're gonna be scalped up at TRU like in the above picture.

That blu ray certainly isn't what's pictured on the WB's ebay page.

PS...Mine did not arrive in the mail today...it was something for my wife. Gotta wait til next week.

link doesn't work

the link is correct

its just that TRU at some point in time late yesterday pulled it, my guess is because it sold out quik

and that saying something since the limit was 5 per customer

seriously

who's gonna troop build BATMAN plus have multiple copies of the same blu ray(scalpers out in force looks like)

but good news

you should get another crack at it for online again on 12/9/14(the official release street date) or before

should you not find in stores now

got my Batman bundle in the mail...right knee on Batman snapped off very easy with little pressure. @grumpy@

Oh well...super glue...not like he could bend them that well anyway.

I've about had it with these expensive toys breaking with even the slightest amount of handling.