Belmont13

New Ghostbuster movie happening

Aww man...those new pics of the original cast members makes me want to see them come back even more. I even wouldn't mind a new team so much if these guys were still involved on some level.

I know, right? Even without Harold...these pictures make me both happy and sad at the same time. A big "what if" filled with excitement and a big "well, that's it" rolled into one.

Nope. Now they're "fiercely funny, foxy females...phenomenal!"

Yeah...and Dan has been kinda sullen and tight-lipped about the whole thing until recently. Bet SONY has a gag order. And/or a cash deal.

Ernie is and always has been a working actor. When I talked to him this time last year, he said its always been about providing for his family. I hope he got something more out of it for missing out on a 25 year tease of a job than just a gag and a forced change of opinion.

EDIT:

I had a link for Hudson's above quote but I lost it and I'm not motivated enough to go find it again. Suffice to say that Hudson found himself in the position that many in the public eye have been in at one time or another; they said what they feel, the moral majority didn't agree with it, and they were forced to take back what they said.

Speaking of Winston:

1911918_10153544924943032_3713898241570245110_n.png?oh=73becb5ba7b95319b6219d2e2cb8e6b3&oe=5562460D

I totaly agree.This is BS it knocked him and the origionals out..I wonder if Bill Murray being difficult led to this

I wonder if Bill Murray being difficult led to this

I would say that Harold Ramis leaving this plane of existence put this reboot crap on the fast track.

If Murray wasn't being a moron they could of made this back around 2009

Nevermind...we can all rest easy now.

Everything is going to be okay! Kevin Smith is here to give his 2 cents:

My brain just made a raspberry sound in indifference. Bah...

So long the original cast is there, I'm going to watch it...I've watched the 20th anniversary screening last year, i could only remember half of the scenes from the entire film, when my old man and I watched the first release, but still brings nostalgia. Too bad Egon's gone, but the remaining cast is still worth the ticket.

So long the original cast is there, I'm going to watch it...I've watched the 20th anniversary screening last year, i could only remember half of the scenes from the entire film, when my old man and I watched the first release, but still brings nostalgia. Too bad Egon's gone, but the remaining cast is still worth the ticket.

Um...it may not have the original cast. And if they are there, they will be cameos as completely different/new characters.

Now they're saying on Facebook there's plans for a second version with a male cast. :blink:

I just read that too.

Hollywood, stop. Just. Please.

Stop.

• Like 1

they could always use some hollywood magic and make egon come back as a ghost @peace@

• Like 1

Ghostbusters cinematic universe? male Ghostbusters movie? Channing Tatum? Sony you are embarrassing yourself.

Kinda makes me long for the old TV show with Larry Storch and the hat wearing gorilla.

The rumor now is that the classic GB logo will be left out of the new movies. As if that really matters at this point...

i think by doing that they are intending to distance themselves even further from the original. they know that if they try to make this mash-up of old and new, it'll just be a waste and would probably tank. it's either all classic or all new...and it cant be all classic anymore.

At this point in time I think I'm done with all this. The 2009 video game I think was mainly the 3rd movie. Reboot or not I am not happy about this at all. The thing is the original film had great humor and the cast worked great together. This day in age comedy is about out grossing(I mean gross out humor)each other.

This day in age comedy is about out grossing(I mean gross out humor)each other.

that's a good point and pretty true, i feel.

I have been blessed with an amazing wife who will willingly watch just about anything I am interested in and even gets into it herself. We just recently finished the whole run of Star Trek TNG (turning her onto one of my favorite TV series' of all time to the point where she mentions each day that she can't wait to get home and watch a Star Trek will be one of my great lifetime accomplishments). She also goes to see any and all superhero movies with me with no complaints, a we typically watch the Batman and/or Superman Animated Series' on weekend mornings. This is a good wife.

The other shoe is about to drop, however. All indications show that she is genuinely excited for this new Ghostbusters. She seemed to.........how do I find the words?.........LIKE the new trailer and yesterday when I brought home my new Venkman action figure, she asked when the new movie is coming out. After all she's done for me, I don't have the heart to tell her I'm less than excited about this. But it's OK. I am going to see this movie whenever she wants me to and I will do so with no complaints.

Seven seasons of TNG, ALL Marvel and DC movies, cartoons every weekend. Two hours is the least I can do for her. Heck, give me a trilogy!