Supergirl Drama On The CW!

Kill Solo

This show looks like it is going to be awesome. We are definetly gonna check it out. It will be interesting to see how much they use Dean Cain as her foster father in the show as he played Superman back in the 90's.

This show looks like it is going to be awesome. We are definetly gonna check it out. It will be interesting to see how much they use Dean Cain as her foster father in the show as he played Superman back in the 90's.

As far as I'm concerned, the only expectations I'm holding Supergirl to are that it be fun escapist entertainment that I can watch with my nieces and nephews.

So far, I haven't seen anything to make me feel I'll be disappointed.

My kids love all of the comic book movies and shows. It is the one thing we can all sit down and do as a family. Last yr we bought my son a box full of comic books from our community yard sale. We have a couple 1st edition ones. I wanted to see how much they are worth. We got a lot of cat woman ones.

I don't know guys. When I see Benoist in the suit, I feel like I'm seeing someone cosplay Supergirl. She doesn't come off to me as Supergirl. Her hair is too dark. Her face is too round. I hope she's a good actress.

• 4 weeks later...

A watch dog group (we all love hearing from them) has labeled Supergirl "perfect for all ages".

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/best-and-worst-new-tv-shows-for-kids-192130777.html

That's good and all but it just reenforces my prediction of how this show will be under the microscope by the media.

With some of the shows I've seen, maybe a little more media bird-dogging is a good thing. Arrow and the Flash are fine for a 43 tear-old like myself, but I'd like a show I can watch with my nieces and nephews.

A watch dog group (we all love hearing from them) has labeled Supergirl "perfect for all ages".

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/best-and-worst-new-tv-shows-for-kids-192130777.html

That's good and all but it just reenforces my prediction of how this show will be under the microscope by the media.

With some of the shows I've seen, maybe a little more media bird-dogging is a good thing. Arrow and the Flash are fine for a 43 tear-old like myself, but I'd like a show I can watch with my nieces and nephews.

Still gotta keep em safe from some images when googling the star of the show.

Any date on the premiere?

Oct. 26th.

well....I've got the nerd equivalent of ahem....blue ballz......treading carefully here.......can't wait to see the Couzin of Kal-El kick some bass.....don't know why Supes is everyone's fav.......Supergirl rulez.....I'm in no hurry....for now

are they worried about her ratings already?

Nah. CBS has just shuffled its schedule to accommodate football coverage. Big Bang Theory will play on Mondays until football coverage ends, then Supergirl takes over the slot. Which could be a pretty smooth move on the network's part. After all, if CBS plays their cards right, Big Bang Theory's audience could very well stay on for Supergirl when Big Bang moves back to Thursdays.

As for playing against Gotham, I'm pretty sure there's enough room for both shows. Especially since Supergirl is taking the novel approach of doing a superhero show with, you know . . . superheroes.

• 4 weeks later...

Two days and counting till CBS' long overdue return to costumed super-heroics.

Don't mind saying the closer we get, the more I feel like a kid in the 70's-80's waiting for the new Saturday morning cartoons of the latest primetime "super-cop" show (as network programmers used to refer to them) to premier.

Smallville, The Flash, Birds of Prey (yeah, I said it), and Arrow all put me in a good place, but its been a loooong time since a show woke up the lil' Mako in me.

Oh yeah! It was everything I hoped for.

Even the bigger, buffer, blacker, balder Jimmy didn't bother me (but then once you've seen Jimmy in the "Sleeper" episode of Smallville, the only way left to go is up).

Looking forward to a long run for this one.

(C'mon CBS, you took away Raven, Spider-Man and the original Flash. You OWE me this!)

I was entertained. Benoist is a decent actress. I don't like how fast and loose she was with her identitiy. I do like the cameo by the original Super-girl. The whole, I'm not strong enough to do this bit will get old quickly. Let's hope CBS doesn't F#*$ this up and this show last as long as NCIS.

I wonder why she always wants to meet Clark instead of flying to Metropolis to visit him?

I'd guess because up until the first episode she had been hiding her powers and hadn't flown in years.

If you want a more down to Earth answer, I haven't seen my cousin in months, and we live in the same town!