Supergirl Drama On The CW!

Kill Solo

Hey the JLA makes its first appearance on TV

And with Legends of Tomorrow busting out the Justice Society this promises to be a real interesting season. (And the JLA's first LA appearance was Smallville...just accept it.)

• 3 weeks later...

http://enewsi.com/movies/190-29847.html

SUPERMAN BABY!!!

First two episodes of the new season. Full on guest-shot. People are calling for Tom Welling, Personally, I'd rather see John Newton.

But the important thing is Big Blue is coming! They couldn't even give us that on Smallville!

I guess after reactions to Dawn of Justice and this season of Arrow, CW/DC/Warners figured they'd better do some heavy-duty fan-boy fondling...PDQ.

I've seen rumors of Wellling appearing in a Crisis type of event; Smallville-verse meets CW-verse.

An actual CW-verse Superman appearance? dreams can come true, lol

There was hope of Nightwing turning up on one of the shows last season when an episode was going to take place in Bludhaven (Arrow?)

If only they'd finally loosen the strings on the big three for guest appearances, or at least, references; let the movies and shows exist in multverses

Looks like Maggie Sawyer is joining Supergirl. (If you've EVER watched a Berlanti superhero show this will NOT surprise you.)

Not thrilled about it, but if I can take Captain Sod on the Flash, I can take this.

Maggie Sawyer?? Wasn't she the head of the METROPOLIS SPCU??

...and now she's the head of the National City Science Police.

Honestly, at this point my only expectations are the pretty blond cheerleader, her kung-fu sister, and at least a couple appearances by the guy in the cape. Everything else is grease or gravy.

If he's not in red trunks, i'm not watching.

Then you don't have to worry about watching. DC doesn't have the guts to put the red trunks on camera. Heck, they won't even put them in the comics anymore.

If Welling is Superman, that should be interesting. I doubt it will happen, though.

I read that Lex's sister will be on the show as well. Again, thinking back to Smallville, that would mean Tess Mercer (I forget the name of the chick who played her but she was hot!) But I doubt we're really going to see that much Smallville crossover.....if at all.

As for Sawyer: This fills the quota for at least one gay character on every CW super show and I'm pretty sure I called that they would make this addition a while back (not necessarily Sawyer but someone....anyone who is gay). At least she was an established comic character in the first place. Of course, with all the Superman comics I've read, I don't recall reading one interesting Maggie Sawyer story.

Look at me commenting on the Supergirl show like I'v seen more than two episodes!

Side-stepping the casting question for the time-being, I have more burning questions.

1. I wonder if Supes will be a recurring character or if this is just a one-off stunt...like when they had Dracula on Buffy.

2. If Clark does become a semi-regular face in National City, I wonder if the producers got him on one of those Wentworth Miller type open-ended contracts so they can use him on any of the shows.

Tyler will make a good Superman. Strong actor, very physical. I miss him on Teen Wolf. I haven't had an actor who I say "That guy is Superman" since Christopher Reeve. Tyler could be that guy. However, I think Batman when I think Tyler, but that's just because of Teen Wolf and the character that he played.

Tyler will make a good Superman. Strong actor, very physical. I miss him on Teen Wolf. I haven't had an actor who I say "That guy is Superman" since Christopher Reeve. Tyler could be that guy. However, I think Batman when I think Tyler, but that's just because of Teen Wolf and the character that he played.

I don't know. I know they have to go "young & pretty," this IS the CW after all, but I always imagined Superman would skew a bit older in Supergirl's universe. I mean he was supposed to have been well established and world-famous when Kara came to Earth, and that was over twelve years ago.

Tyler is a fine actor mind you, but I just have trouble seeing him as the older, wiser cousin OR the well established superhero.

I would've cast someone at least in their early 40's.

Of course, that being said, they could always use the old "Kryptonians Age Differently" chestnut, or even Retcon him into being SuperBOY when Kara arrived back in the early 2000s.

I'll withhold judgement though. Supergirl hasn't steered me wrong yet.

I don't know. I know they have to go "young & pretty," this IS the CW after all, but I always imagined Superman would skew a bit older in Supergirl's universe. I mean he was supposed to have been well established and world-famous when Kara came to Earth, and that was over twelve years ago.

Tyler is a fine actor mind you, but I just have trouble seeing him as the older, wiser cousin OR the well established superhero.

I would've cast someone at least in their early 40's.

Of course, that being said, they could always use the old "Kryptonians Age Differently" chestnut, or even Retcon him into being SuperBOY when Kara arrived back in the early 2000s.

I'll withhold judgement though. Supergirl hasn't steered me wrong yet.

He already has "The Mentor" role down because that was what he did on Teen Wolf. He was the older young adult who was the big brother to the Teen Wolves.

He also was good as being the guy who was captured and needed rescue. I can imagine this will also be part of his role on Supergirl.

He comes off older than he really is. While I would have preferred Tom Welling, Tyler will do well.

It's not him playing the mentor, its him not looking much older than Alex or Kara when its already been established Superman was an adult when they were still children.

I bet they are aware of that and will probably have Tyler play him older which he has already proven he can do. Also, the executive producer of Arrowverse is a Teen Wolf fan. That's how we got Colton Haynes as Arsenal who arguably should have been played by someone younger. Its also been established in various media that kryptonians live longer and age slower than your run of the mill humans. That said, I do see your point, but I think it will turn out fine.

The age thing is just my personal bug-a-boo, I'm sure he'll do fine.

I'm actually kinda glad they didn't cast any previous Supermen in the role. The CW verse is its own animal, warts and all. It just wouldn't feel right casting Welling, Cain, Christopher, Newton, etc. Same reason I never once thought "I hope they cast Laura Vandervoort as Supergirl."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=26899

Okay, I admit I had my doubts about Hoechlin pulling off Superman. I guess I was wrong.

He even has sort of a classic cinema hero of the '30's and '40's look about his face. A shame you don't see that in many Superman actors, it really goes a long way toward selling the hero.

He'll be good. Don't like the outfit though. He's got a nice physique and the outfit doesn't really show that off like Cavil's does. Glad they gave him the red boots, miss the trunks.