Marvel's "Defenders" Coming To Netflix

Bespin refugee

• 3 months later...

Sooo. It seems Carrie Ann Moss is playing a character in Jessica Jones who was a man in the original comics. Why the gender-swap? Apparently so they could work in that prerequisite lesbian story-line. (Because, according to Hollywierd, every woman who ever lived is a sexual deviant.)

As if Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man haven't devalued the MCU enough in my eyes.

• 3 weeks later...

As if Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man haven't devalued the MCU enough in my eyes.

Man, you can't help yourself.

I rewatched GOTG the other night and liked it just as much. In fact, my wife suggested it. And she was the one who saw the preview in the theaters and said, "I don't know about that one....." This was probably her third time seeing it and she said, "Yeah, that's a good one."

• Like 1

I rewatched GOTG the other night and liked it just as much. In fact, my wife suggested it. And she was the one who saw the preview in the theaters and said, "I don't know about that one....." This was probably her third time seeing it and she said, "Yeah, that's a good one."

Two words . . . "Dance-Off."

Yep, Star Lord danced at the end of the movie. It was a distraction so the rest of the team could get their shot in on Ronan. And it was different than the same old, same old we get with all these big summer final battles.

• Like 1

Yep, Star Lord danced at the end of the movie. It was a distraction so the rest of the team could get their shot in on Ronan. And it was different than the same old, same old we get with all these big summer final battles.

I . . . don't even know how to reply to that.

Although, a "Dance-Off" scene would've done wonders for that Daredevil/Fisk fight. Ooo! And the climax of Jessica Jones was just screaming for a musical dance-fight like in West Side Story!

Although, a "Dance-Off" scene would've done wonders for that Daredevil/Fisk fight. Ooo! And the climax of Jessica Jones was just screaming for a musical dance-fight like in West Side Story!

Your comparing GOTG with two shows with completely different tones. Yes, someone pulling a "Starlord" at the end of those shows would have been completely out of place. GOTG was a superhero movie that never took itself too seriously (which is something I thought a lot of fanboys were calling for) and it was refreshing to see. Especially in comparison with these two darker, grittier shows and the rest of the MCU which is gradually becoming darker with each passing movie.

• Like 1

Your comparing GOTG with two shows with completely different tones. Yes, someone pulling a "Starlord" at the end of those shows would have been completely out of place. GOTG was a superhero movie that never took itself too seriously (which is something I thought a lot of fanboys were calling for) and it was refreshing to see. Especially in comparison with these two darker, grittier shows and the rest of the MCU which is gradually becoming darker with each passing movie.

Honestly, I'm not condemning GOTG or anybody who likes it, it just isn't for me. As for the MCU getting darker, I'm not sure how you came up with that since the last two movies didn't even try and deny they were going for laughs.

I know Ant man and GOTG are on the lighter side. I was thinking more Age of Ultron, Cap 2, and the upcoming Cap 3 (which I don't imagine ending too bright an cheery for anyone involved). Heck, if Thor Ragnarock is anything like the comic,every Asguardian will be dead at the end of it...

Basically I think if it's anything tied to the "Big Three" Avengers, we won't be in for much lightheartedness in the near future. You'll be begging for another dance off by the time infinity War is all done.

I know Ant man and GOTG are on the lighter side. I was thinking more Age of Ultron, Cap 2, and the upcoming Cap 3 (which I don't imagine ending too bright an cheery for anyone involved). Heck, if Thor Ragnarock is anything like the comic,every Asguardian will be dead at the end of it...

Basically I think if it's anything tied to the "Big Three" Avengers, we won't be in for much lightheartedness in the near future. You'll be begging for another dance off by the time infinity War is all done.

I'm fine with humor, as long as it flows organically from the story: Hulk sucker-punching Thor, or Cap ribbing Falcon during his morning run. If you use humor correctly it doesn't take anything away from your movie, but will keep things from getting super-dark. You don't have to present the whole thing as a douche comedy.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, this is fair. Netflix is supposedly talking spin-off for the Punisher. Un-huh, DD Season 2 doesn't even hit for a month, and they're already spinning crap off from it.

On the other hand, Jessica Jones has been out for nearly three months and, outside of her appearance in Defenders, we can't even get confirmation that SHE is even coming back.

I know nobody in Hollywood gives the female action hero genre a fair shake, but I'd be a lot more likely to watch that than yet another iteration of the dark and gritty (groan) gun-toting vigilante.

In other words, Screw Frank Castle, where's my Trish Walker spin-off?

What is everyone's thoughts on the movement to make Iron Fist Asian?...

Sounds kinda racist actually. If the character were Native American, Chinese or Black nobody would have a problem. But since he's a blond-haired, blue eyed white boy its: "Oh My Non-Christian Deity! You can't do that! Heroes can't be white!!!"

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...